1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Stopped Sun Sign ups and DIscussion

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Morgaine, Mar 16, 2017.

1. IronBat064

Scorch
    (Growlithe)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.5
    That's fine. It was just something I'd like to test out. I'll fix it.

2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    @[member="Tonochi"], @[member="Cadbberry"], @[member="Aura"], @[member="IronBat064"], @[member="Jhopthegamer"]

Okey guys, since the talk of flying Pokémon came up, here's the list of mons that can be used to fly in RP.

Crobat (can only be found at nighttime)
    Staraptor
    Fearow
    Pelipper
    Charizard
    Honchkrow (can only be found at nighttime)
    Skarmory
    Salamence
    Aerodactyl
    Flygon (it can actually learn fly in the main series)
    Altaria
    Togekiss
    Drifblim (very slow flyer, can only be found at nighttime)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Aiko, Cadbberry and Pixel like this.
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Since we're discussing it, here's a list of all the Pokémon that can learn Surf and are big enough to ride.

Blastoise (can also be ridden in icewater; cannons can break ice)
    Dragonair (can also be ridden in icewater; Dragonair can sort-of levitate and learn Fire-type attacks to melt ice)
    Walrein (can also be ridden in icewater; tusks can break ice)
    Empoleon (can also be ridden in icewater; canon)
    Bibarel
    Floatzel
    Gastrodon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  4. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    @[member="IronBat064"]

There's no rapidashes to be found until the Chorma Highlands (the mission location), so unless your character decides to go it alone instead of waiting he can't capture one. Which means he have to brave the Chroma Road to even get to the highlands where the rapidash is located. Aurora mentioned that doduo can be found in the area the characters are currently in or you can wait capturing one till they in the highlands.

5. IronBat064

Scorch
    (Growlithe)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.5
    Thing is, Ferno's not actually going to capture that Rapidash... Let's say he's a bit rusty.

And I'm still new to this whole "Pokémon Ranger" thing, so... yeah. I've got a Bulbapedia page on Shadows of Almia up on my phone for reference, though.

6. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    He have to capture it in order to use it, it also still don't changes that Rapidash lives in the Chroma Highlands.

I can also offer you this page here to use as well as the bulbapedia http://www.serebii.net/ranger2/pokemon.shtml although I doubt it'll show anything bulbapedia don't already have but I thought I would offer it up anyway just in case.

Cadbberry likes this.
  7. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Gonna double post here.

@[member="IronBat064"]

I'm gonna have to stop you and ask that you change your post, Salamence is not found in the area the characters are currently in, you can't just make whichever Pokémon you want appear. Your post does not count towards the RP till you do, I'm sorry but I have to do this is not fair to the other participants if one can just make whatever they please appear outside of their habitat.

8. IronBat064

Scorch
    (Growlithe)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.5
    @[member="Karzarill"]

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I did the research on Bulbapedia and found that you can find Salamence in Crysta Cave, which I stated that the Salamence that Ferno captured was flying from. Now, last time I checked (and again, not being rude, just stating my argument) Pokémon are able to move. That means that, if they so choose, they could leave the areas that they are usually found in.

Now, Ferno is currently on Union Road, which connects to Crysta Cave. If Salamence could be found somewhere that does not connect to Union Road, I would've given up on it right then and there. I would've had Ferno walk.

Once again, I am not trying to be rude. If this doesn't convince you, I will gladly change my post. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

9. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    It would take your character more than mere moments to get to Crystal Cave as things are not just right next to each other, but I'll let Azur have the final word they're the main host after all, I'm just co host, but is late so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. Someone else pointed out the salamence which is why I'm giving it attention as they're clearly not happy with it just appearing. But we'll see what Azur say, maybe the reply don't need to be changed too much if at all. I'll say this tho, you give no sense of time passing or anything when Ferno go to the Crystal Cave which makes it appear as it happening instantly, which might be why someone pointed out the salamence. I'm sorry if I'm being a stick in the mud and a real bother to you over this.

10. IronBat064

Scorch
    (Growlithe)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.5
    Nah. It's fine. I understand.

You see, Ferno didn't go in that direction at all, I guess I never explained that. Salamence was flying from the general direction of Crysta Cave.

As for why Salamence isn't in Crysta Cave, maybe he just wanted to go for a fly, maybe it's me setting up for a new RP in the future? Who knows?

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    @[member="IronBat064"]. This is the second time that we have to tell you to stop something. A ranger with Ferno's experience cannot capture a Salamence with that much ease and little trouble. Even Saria and Alastor, who are rank 7, would have trouble with that due to the fact that Salamence are a menace and very hard to capture. Your character has about 4-5 months of experience at the most, while Saria and Alastor would have about 3-5 YEARS of experience.

Even capturing a Rapidash would have been a feat worthy of a prodigy and Ferno failed at that. Also, we are going to take the route that Pokémon do not migrate suddenly like that. Salamence is located near the entrance that is the closest to Hia Valley, not the ranger union. It makes no sense for it to be near the union in the first place.

Either you shape up and stop pulling things like that without talking to either me or Karz, or you will be booted out as it is ruining the experience for others. I will hear no ifs or buts. Karz's decision on nulling your post stands. It will be disregarded by the others. If you want to set up another RP, do not do that in our ongoing rp. That is rude.

12. IronBat064

Scorch
    (Growlithe)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.5
    Okay, look, I understand. I do. And as I've stated many times, I'm not trying to be rude at all.

I will fix this, but I would appreciate it if you'd take into consideration that I've never played Pokémon Ranger (and I am therefore unfamiliar with the universe it takes place in aside from the basic research that I've done), and be a bit more accommodating and patient with me.

I understand that you're trying to make the RP enjoyable to everyone, and I respect that. In fact, I think that it's a great thing you're doing.

I deeply apologize for this... well, whatever you want to call it. It won't happen again, but please, just be patient with me. I'd appreciate it. I'll fix it as soon as I get home from school.

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    @[member="IronBat064"] We recommend looking up a lets play of the game or at least some gameplay, that should help. You need to have the basic knowledge of the game, how the mechanics work, and the world itself.

And just ask if something is a good idea or not. Often someone can give you an alternative that is better suitable.

14. IronBat064

Scorch
    (Growlithe)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.5
    Alright. I'll do something like that.

I may as well just ask now before I get myself into trouble again:

What Pokémon do you think would be in the area and within Ferno's ability to capture?

15. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Doduo, is a ridable Pokémon
    Mareep
    Oddish
    Growlithe
    Aipom
    Yanma
    Pineco
    Swellow, is not flyable
    Bibarel
    Beduw

That is Union road in front of the Ranger Union. If you want to go to peril cliffs, that is down the Union ROad and then North, maybe:

Staravia
    Aron
    Geodude
    Machop
    Mankey
    Magnemite
    Gligar
    Pineco
    Numel

But this will take extra time and you might be late to the meeting in Altru park. Remember that you can have around 4 friend Pokémon with you, captured Pokémon, aside from your partner.

16. IronBat064

Scorch
    (Growlithe)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.5
    @[member="MarineAurora"]

Alright, I changed my most recent post.

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    @[member="Jhopthegamer"] Cadbberry is waiting for a response from you to continue. Could you please reply to the rp?

18. Jhopthegamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽117.5
    Oh yeah, sorry, I've just been kind of inactive lately and I haven't had time to write a full reply. I will try and write one as soon as possible.

19. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    @[member="Jhopthegamer"] @[member="Cadbberry"] @[member="Tonochi"] @[member="IronBat064"] @[member="Aura"]

We have noticed that you have been using Pokémon attacks instead of the normal assist. We have decided to address that issue before it gets out of hand and to provide you with a list of usable assists for Friend Pokémon. Partner Pokémon may keep using the normal Pokémon attacks, as long as they can learn them and it is appropriate for them to have the moves.

NOTE: Charge assists are no longer useable. You cannot recharge a styler while in the field. Damage taken is probabmatic, it is better to abandon a capture than have the tops take damage.

Normal: Will increase the power of your capture style, making it slightly easier to capture the target Pokémon.

Water: Creates a wall of bubbles that slows down a Pokémon that tries to run through it.

Electric: Gives the Capture line and electric charge. If the target Pokémon runs into it, it will be stunned for a while.

Fire: Creates a small wall of fire that will trap the target Pokémon. Note Pokémon that can fly or levitate may get out of this assist.

Grass: Creates a trail of long grass that may trap the target Pokémon and make it easier to capture.

Ice: Creates an ice surface that may make the target Pokémon slip and loose its footing. Note that this doesn't work on Flying and Levitating Pokémon.

Fighting: Enhances the Capture line to make it easier to catch the target Pokémon and makes it slightly harder to break.

Poison: If the styler top stays in place long enough it will create puddles of goo that hinder mobility and may even trap Pokémon that run into it.

Ground: Creates a small sandstorm that trails the capture disc, which is the center of the sandstorm. This is hinder both the sight and the mobility of the target Pokémon. Note that this is not as effective on Rock, Ground, and Steel-types.

Flying: When this assist is active the disc will emit small gusts of wind. When close enough to the target Pokémon it may knock the Pokémon of balance.

Psychic: When looping a few feet away, while this assist is active, the capture disc will emit a small push of psychic force that knocks the Pokémon around a bit, interrupting attacks and such.

Bug: It creates a sticky line from the ca[ture disc that may be used to trap the target Pokémon in a self-made web.

Rock: If the ranger completes a loop without the target Pokémon in the loop, it will create a rock spike that hinders mobility. The rock spikes do crumble after a short while as it takes a lot of power to sustain them.

Ghost: This assist creates a duplicate of the capture disc. The duplicate will mirror the movements of the real one.

Dragon: This assist will lengthen the capture line and make it much stronger. It is kind of a waste on normal Pokémon, but great against stronger Pokémon that are known to give rangers trouble. Fairy-types somehow are not affected by this assist.

Dark: Can be used to clear hazards from the field that were put there by the target Pokémon during a capture. It can also be used to clear leftovers from their own assists.

Steel: Strengthens the defense of the capture disc. This makes it harder to knock it off course, break the line, and for the top to take a lot of damage.

Fairy: While this assist is active the styler top creates a small trail of fairy-like dust that can blind the target Pokémon. It needs to be close in order for it to work though, as the dust can be blown away. Note do not use this near yourself, or you will end up blinded.

20. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    @[member="MarineAurora"]

Would you like us to edit our posts to fix this?