1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shin Megami Tensei 'Demon Dex'

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Typhloser, Mar 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhloser

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I don't know if anyone else plays the SMT series, but if you haven't played/heard of it, it's pretty similar to Pokémon. After mulling it over while playing SMT3: Nocturne, I've decided that we could make an SMT Pokédex, converting the SMT demons into Pokémon types, moves, etc. I don't think it would be super difficult to convert demons to Pokémon, to be honest. A hack crossing over the two franchises (Pokémon game hack with demons instead of Pokémon) would be neat. As such, I'm proposing that you guys could help me create a Pokédex for SMT demons O:

All you need to do is state the demon's name, species, typing, ability, and whether it's male, female, genderless, or either (most SMT demons have set genders, so that wn't be hard). If you want to make 'Dex entries for them, keep them kid-friendly.

Here's the dex so far, including suggestions from other people:

-Hitoshura, Demi-Fiend. Normal Multitype (male) [​IMG][​IMG]
    -Cerberus, Heck Hound. Fire/Dark Flash Fire/Intimidate (male)
    -Jack Frost, Winter. Ice Ice Body/Snow Warning (male)
    -Pyro Jack, Pumpkin. Fire/Ghost Levitate/Flash Fire (male)
    -Pixie, Fairy. Electric/Flying? Volt Absorb?/Prankster (female)
    -Incubus, Sleeper. Dark/Flying Insomnia/Bad Dreams (male) [​IMG]
    -Succubus, Sleeper. Dark/Flying Cute Charm/Bad Dreams (female)
    -Unicorn, Mystic. Normal/Psychic Justified/Rattled (either)
    -Bicorn, Omen. Normal/Poison Own Tempo/Cute Charm (either)
    -Inugami, Haunt. Ghost(/Fire?) Flash Fire (either)

I'm thinking Fiends should be Dark/Ghost, but their abilities and stats would be what sets them apart from one another.
    Example:
    -Matador, Bull Fighter. Dark/Ghost Moxie/Quick Feet [​IMG]
    -Daisoujou, Preacher. Dark/Ghost Magic Guard/Natural Cure

I won't go into movesets, but that's a start for the Dex. I think this would be fun to do if a few people could help with it. Feel free to use the Megaten wiki if you want to help but know little of the demons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. stupid bystander

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Hey! A fellow SMT fan. Wunderball!
    If yer gonna make a smt dex I would love to suggest "long dog" aka inugami to be a potential fire/ghost or even ghost/flying. I have no idea what his abilities would be, though.

3. Typhloser

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Was totes afraid no one else here was an SMT fan Dx THANK YOU!

Pure Ghost might work instead, with Flash Fire as his ability, since he typically voids or drains Fire in the SMT games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.