1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shiny Huntin'

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    So, Sun and Moon introduced a new way to shiny hunt - SOS chaining. Do you think they'll introduce any new methods for these new games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I think that SOS chaining will stay, but I'm not really sure what other kind of methods they could bring in. I could see if they brought something like the Poke Radar or the DexNav-variant method, but as far as new shiny hunting methods, I doubt there will be any.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Urgh.. I doubt it, but really do wish they would. SOS chaining is by far the most tedious shiny chaining method for me and I'd love to try something else. Fingers crossed? 8<

4. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I'm actually so much happier with SOS chaining than any other previous method, although I still need to get better at masuda if I want to get the full range of shiny possibilities, so I'd welcome something that helps with the breeding aspect, although realistically I know that's unlikely since it already has helpful mechanics like the charm and flame body etc,

It just doesn't seem like it will be the kind of sequel/remake that adds in deeper mechanics, it seems like it will just be plot/appearance based changes.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I really doubt it to be honest. It just doesn't seem that necessary to add another shiny hunting method.

6. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I feel like SOS is staying. It's a unique Gen7 feature, so why remove it?

I'm kinda hoping the PokeRadar comes back to these games, but grass works weird in this game so I doubt it. I can dream however.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,934.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I don't think they will to be honest, not like is needed really. Althought if they do add a new method I'll have to check it out, as long as it doesn't involve hatching eggs lol.

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have a good feeling that is just how it is going to be for all of gen 7, just sos chaining Pokémon. Introducing something else might be overwhelming to the plethora of methods that already exist for shiny hunting.

9. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    ORAS had a shiny hunting method that wasn't in X and Y in the form of the Poke Radar so it's possible we may get a new shiny hunting method in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I don't think much will change in terms of shiny methods, however I worry that they might make it more difficult with these following games.