1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shiny Hunting, Have You Had Any Luck?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Hraesvelgr, Nov 30, 2017.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I have terrible shiny luck...
    The last shiny I got was 3 years ago in the friend safari (and it was unintentional)
    I’ll try SOS chains, consecutive fishing, Masuda Method, friend safari, and even Poké Radar. Still no luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Leviper04

OLAF
    (Regice)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽81.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    well I haven't had any luck shiny hunting except for on USUM where I got a couple shinies from the UW :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KCkitkat11

KCkitkat11 PKMN Breeder

Who
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    I've had some luck in the Ultra Wormhole finding shinies, but I'm not sure if that counts. I haven't had any luck in the regular wild so far. Granted, I haven't been looking much, but still

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I've tried SOS chaining shinies once or twice, but ran out of patience before encountering anything. I did manage to get a shiny Tentacool through Island scan in Sun and a Chansey while SOS chaining for experience in Ultra Sun but that's all that I've gotten in Gen VII so far. Which double what I managed in Gen VI and infinitely more than my total number of non-event shinies (excluding Red Gyarados in Silver) from any previous Gens.

5. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    The only shiny hunting I can do consistently well is wormhole hunting, but that might be cheating, with the increased chance and all. I only ever seem to get shinies when I'm not actually looking for them. In OR/AS I chained hundreds of Zorua trying to find a decent competitive one. I was about to leave route 1 when I got a shaky grass patch right before town. I decided to go back and catch this last Zorua.

Best thing I ever did. It was shiny, had the correct nature, and the correct IVs. I haven't been that lucky since then. I named him Wraith.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Wormhole hunting is no less cheating than using the DexNav in ORAS which have a high flat rate chance of shiny or SOS'ing, you can still get unlucky with the wormholes.

7. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I was only once lucky
    I got a shiny Tentacool through the SOS method

8. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I had a decent amount of luck this past week. I was SOS chaining on the first few routes in Moon, and got a shiny Alolan Rattata within an hour. Alolan Meowth took quite a bit longer, but I still got it eventually.

9. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Literally never. The desire sensor in Pokémon is worse than the one in Monster Hunter, and THAT is saying something. The only shiny I've seen since Gen IV is an Alolan Rattata I have absolutely no use for. xD

10. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Last Tuesday (I think) I caught my 4th shiny, an Ariados I named Pinky, a full odds random encounter, my second full odds shiny.

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    The other day I managed to get a shiny Noibat while breeding for WTW and a shiny Absol from Wonder Trade. Its the first time I've even managed to get two shinies in a day. In fact, it may be the first time that I've gotten more than one in a month.

12. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i promptly hunted shiny wimpod for like thirty minutes and then gave up

13. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    I've actually become quite the avid hunter myself, more for my quantity of shinies rather than my dedication

I've fetched quite a few, enough to make a full team with and then some, from random encounters or Masuda Methoding
    I won't say I'm the most skilled or lucky Shiny hunter, but I'm definitely more than your typical newbie

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I got a shiny Alolan Meowth earlier this week, is the first shiny is quite a while but I also haven't been looking.

15. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    I had my first successful shiny hunt on Friday, a shiny Luvdisc I got chain fishing in Y

16. Shade

Shade Sailor

Lux
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽380.5
    Ultra Ball
    My most success with shinies prior to Let's Go Eevee was in AS.
    I've got:
    Serperior
    Eevee
    Ponyta
    Phantump
    Tenticool since evolved into Tentacruel
    Roselia
    The last two I wasn't even trying for.

17. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I've run into maybe 3 shinies all the time i've played Pokémon, but haven't caught any.
    I don't really care to.

Had one rando on ORAS open a trade with me only to show me all their hacked shiny legendaries and I was like odd flex but ok

18. Bayporeon

Bayporeon School Kid

Hestia
    (Fennekin)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽68.0
    As of now I've found all of the normal Ultra Wormhole shinies + some extras that I'll put in a spoiler below, and Cresselia, which I got in 3 or 4 soft resets. I also have a shiny Crabominable named Skadi that I got via run aways as a Crabrawler.

[​IMG] Juniper ♀
    [​IMG] Crepes ♀
    [​IMG] Tadasana ♀
    [​IMG] Watermelon ♀
    [​IMG] Kokopelli ♂
    [​IMG] Bluster ♂
    [​IMG] Manzanita ♂
    [​IMG] Lizalfos ♂
    [​IMG] Rosemary ♀
    [​IMG] Fuchsia ♀
    [​IMG] Geranium ♂
    [​IMG] La Lune ♀
    [​IMG] Super Soaker ♀
    [​IMG] Wisteria ♀
    [​IMG] Douglas ♂
    [​IMG] Pocky ♂
    [​IMG] Sylvana ♀
    [​IMG] Twain ♂
    [​IMG] Muddy Buddy ♀
    [​IMG] Maunakea ♂
    [​IMG] Fantasy ♀
    [​IMG] Miguel ♂
    [​IMG] Matcha ♀
    [​IMG] Vriska ♀
    [​IMG] Rosita ♀

I have a ton more but the original intent of this post was discussing USUM shinies so I'll leave it at that. I'm currently saved in front of the dude in the surfing club who gives you Surfing Pikachu. I was hunting that, but I've put it on hold until the summer.