1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Let's Go Shiny hunting!

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Are any one of you guys shiny hunting at the moment? What're you hunting for? :-3c

I'm currently hunting for Nidoran female. Got my combo to 31+ (rates cap there) and am sitting around in the overworld watching until a shiny spawns haha. Not sure how long I can do this though, since I want to play...but! we shall see

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I don't shiny hunt, because it takes too long imo. I prefer doing Wonder Trading with two 3DSs. I mostly get more shinies through this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Honestly, I'm a little scared to shiny hunt. The fact that the Pokémon can run away scares me. What if they don't come back?

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    No, but I don't have it. I'm watching Alison (whiskeyy) on Twitch, and she's been hunting Pikachu since yesterday. No luck, though... T_T

5. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I don't usually try to look for shinies, but I did chain Vulpix to see what would happen and I found a shiny. *_*
    Good luck with hunting for Nidoran-F, I hope it works out for you.

6. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I used to do shiny hunting, or rather shiny breeding I guess x3 (Masuda Method), and I usually tried to get shiny Eevees x3

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I would hate shiny hunting. I just kind of want to go through the game, not 1000% it. For all of you shiny hunters, though, good luck!

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I gave this a try earlier and got VERY bored...although I have to admit that in these games it isn't quite as bad, because you're getting rewarded for your efforts in candies. One thing I always hated about shiny hunting is that you can waste hours getting absolutely nothing, and in this game I went up from early thirties/late twenties to early forties and skyrocketed my attack thanks to the candies...and all the Nidoran-M candies I'd gotten (as well as an excellent Adamant Nidoran-M) meant that I got the Pokémon I wanted anyway, just not shiny. I am OK with this.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've been shiny hunting quite a bit in Let's Go Eevee, currently I'm trying to decide on my next target but I've gotten a nice number of shinies so far. Most of them are not what I was actually looking for but hey is still shinies so I took them. I honestly enjoy hunting in Let's Go for the most part, just annoying when a chain breaks because a mon runs away and I don't notice the run animation or I don't get the chance to run after it does the indicator is about to run.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Shiny hunting seems so much easier in these games... even with really rare mons all you need to do is just make sure you can catch at least 31 consecutively and then the shiny for the highest odds... and those odds are really high when you stack them with the charm and a max lure.

11. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    My first shiny was a Pidgey I accidentally found on my first day playing Pikachu. My current hunt? Growlithe. I've got my 31+ combo going (catching Growlithe), a Lure active, and I even went to the Fortune Teller to make it likely that I find an Adamant one.

I legitimately just want a Shiny Growlithe which I can train up how I want and evolve so I can ride around on a shiny Arcanine. I'm camped out on Route 7 (with Pokémon that could solo nearly any trainer before Cinnabar), so let me know if you guys have any tips!

12. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I was hunting for a Nidoran M, have been on/off for a few days. First chain gave a Charizard, that's my 5th shiny zard. Today I got the Nido I was looking for I was kinda afraid of another shiny Charizard to spawn tbh sine I've seen so many already.

13. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I've tired for a bit to get a shiny Charmander or Bulbasaur I think, buut I didn't try long xD

14. Shade

Shade Sailor

Lux
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽380.5
    Ultra Ball
    I've been hunting since I arrived at route 4.
    I now have over ten shinies.

Charmelean (to be evolved)
    2 Spearow
    Fearow
    2 Pidgey
    Pigeotto
    3 Pikachu (one to be evolved later).
    Drowzee
    Mr. Mime
    2 Ratatta (one to be evolved later)

I'm now in Viridian Forest with a Pikachu chain of 33 hunting Bulbasaur.

It's not as difficult as it first seems to maintain a chain.
    The trick I learned was to run if the Pokémon escapes the first throw because after two escapes a Pokémon becomes increasingly likely to run and a chain will only break if the Pokémon being chained runs not if you run.
    Once you've achieved a chain of 31+, use SLEEP MODE ONLY if you need to stop the game, DO NOT SHUT OFF the console or the game software, these are chain breakers and have the console plugged in at all times, DO NOT let the battery die.

The longest hunt I've done was Charmander and it was pre-Misty so I didn't have access to lures.

UPDATE:
    Bulbasaur obtained
    Bellsprout obtained
    Ekans obtained.

Next shiny hunt: Cubone!

#14 Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  15. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    I just finished hunting for shiny Zubat I got 2 actually and my chain is still whole so once my Switch have charged I'm hoping for a Geodude, Clefairy or Paras.

16. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm not exactly doing shiny hunting, but I've been catching shiny Pokémon as I run into them, and that's a lot of fun, so I may do shiny hunting after I complete the game. I currently have a shiny Pidgeotto and a shiny Vulpix. Good luck on your hunting though.

17. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Found a shiny Zubat again, this is my 5th one now I believe, time to change location since I really don't need more shiny Zubats so Paras will have to wait a little. Chaining for a Venonat atm just because I needed a location change real bad after being in Mt. Moon for so long.

I find shiny hunting in this game pretty fun, I've been hunting a lot after I cleared the game and finished the dex for the shiny charm. Although is still very RNG heavy when one will show up but I have gotten quite a few.

18. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I just went through an ordeal hunting for a Hasty natured shiny Vulpix. Finally got it though. (So cute!) I started last night and went to pick up on it this morning, but I forgot that the thing that sets their natures expires at the end of the day. So I caught a shiny Vulpix, but it was the wrong nature.

No problem, still have the chain going, so I might have to wait a bit longer but I should find another one eventually. I ended up finding a shiny Pidgeotto instead, so I broke the chain to catch it. Eventually I maxed out the chain again and managed to find another shiny Vulpix within 100 spawns, so it took less than an hour with a lure. Near perfect IVs too!

So yeah, I caught 3 shinies today.

I also caught a shiny Bulbasaur while trying to get a shiny Caterpie a while back and had a pretty successful shiny hunt for a Clefairy a few days ago. I tried comboing Eevee to get some candies for my partner while shiny hunting, but they run away pretty quickly and are kind of rare and hard to catch. Not sure what to look for next. Maybe a Sandslash, those look pretty cool. Right now I'm just trying to get more money to buy a crown for my Eevee that I probably won't even have it wear but that I want for the sake of having it.