1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shiny Locks

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Bubbles, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Sun and Moon had the highest amount of shiny locked (Pokémon that are coded to never be legitimately shiny when encountered) compared to all other pas generations. Do you think USUM will have even more shiny locked Pokémon, or do you think they will give players a chance to encounter shinies that were previously unobtainable? All of the Tapus, Legendaries, and Ultra Beasts have some pretty unique shiny colors and I think it would be great if at least some of them were possible to get outside special events (like Tapu Koko).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I reckon they'll stay shiny locked, I don't want to get my hopes up :P Some of the locked shinies do look awesome though and I wish I could have them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I hate how they've started to Shiny Lock just about everything. Legendaries, Mythicals, Event-only (if they're not sent out as Shiny intentionally), ect. It's more upsetting when the shiny in question is better (in your opinion, some might think it's not) than the original's color scheme. If they must be shiny locked, why not just go with a darker/lighter color shift..like what happened to Garchomp, Gengar, and the Pikachu line.. :(
    I hope that some Pokémon have the shiny lock removed, like what they did in AS/OR (first place to get shiny Zekrom and Reshiram, if I remember right) but my hope's aren't high. They just released a Silvally Shiny Event (turns out that Type:Null is supposed to be Shiny Locked! All 'legit' Shiny Silvally/Type: Null are actually considered illegal)

4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I believe that the Legendaries introduced in Sun and Moon will stay shiny-locked in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and that's because of something that Junichi Masuda, who worked as the producer and composer for Pokémon Sun and Moon, said in an interview once. Now, I'm paraphrasing here, but he was asked why so many Legendary Pokémon are shiny-locked, he responded by saying that "Legendary Pokémon are already a special encounter in the Pokémon games, so they're shiny-locked to preserve the special feeling you get when you finally encounter one. If they were all available as shinies, it would ruin the 'special' aspect of Legendary Pokémon." I agree with this statement because it makes total sense - sure, if all Pokémon could be found as shinies it'd be awesome, but I can also see how everyone would just want to have them as shinies, and that would ruin the whole special aspect of Legendary Pokémon.

As a side note that's kinda related to this, an interview conducted in October 2016 revealed that Junichi Masuda had no idea that the Masuda Method was named after him! Of course, it was him who coded it into the game, but he didn't call it the Masuda Method, the fandom did.

Knightmare likes this.
  5. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    The legends and mythicals? Probably 0% chance. But I hope we might get an actual chance at UB Shinies.

6. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    Pretty sure they'll stay locked, so they can make events more interesting, like shiny Tapu Koko or shiny Silvally. I'm not against event-only shinies but it's a shame I won't be able to rename those ones.

7. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    Silvally isn't shiny locked. With enough patience it's possible to get a shiny Type:Null from Gladion.

8. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    The Tapus and legendaries are probably a lost hope (until they appear in Gen 8 or 9 or whatever), but maybe the Ultra Beasts could be? There could be a scenario where, if you run away from a battle with one of the Beasts, you could find it in an alternate location and hunt from there. It's a very slim chance, but it's possible. *please, I am grasping at straws to get the shiny Beasts, they look so awesome*
    #MissingNo

9. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Well we can get the remaining legendaries in USUM so hopefully they won't be Shiny Locked like in ORAS, especially Zygarde.

10. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Please don't let the non USUM Legends be Shiny-Locked. Please don't let the non USUM Legends be Shiny-Locked

I want my Bacon Bird of Death T_T

11. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    If people can't catch them regularly, they'll probably hack them in. I really think it would be better to at least give the chance of getting one. Then again, I get the point of trying to make shiny legendaries something special, but if everyone gets them from events anyway, I don't see the point. Maybe if they just lowered the shiny chance for legendary Pokémon specifically that would be a good balance.

12. piplup40

piplup40 School Kid

Myst
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽33.8
    they better not shiny lock everything
    I really want a shiny Yveltal nicknamed Bacon and I'm sure a lot of other people do too
    and shiny Zygarde is pure amazing, I really don't wanna see it go to waste