1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shiny Luck

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Achromatic, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    How lucky have you guys been with shinies so far? Seems like they're pretty dang rare! You guys know the story about my Chikorita so...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I have never seen a shiny, although right now I'm hiding the catcher as I need to gather up points for more Pokeballs..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    None... just like in the real games it's probably gonna take me a few years before I actually find one xD

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    No shiny since the rush, which is just typical my luck really.

5. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Nope. Never seen a shiny.

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I somehow have two shiny specimens (Magnemite and Skarmory).
    Two.

If I ever start looking for another particularly rare species again, it's going to become three, because the things that I'm not looking for are the things that actually show up. Remember it took me almost a month to find a Mewtwo since it was discovered, and I managed to find pretty much everything except that before I did.

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My luck with shiny encounters impresses even me. I mean, I have 5 shinies here on LV, and a box-and-a-half of shinies on my main Sun file (about half of them were from events though). I have so many shiny Pokémon, I have no idea what to do with them all. X'D

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Omg I just skimmed through your collection and saw this. That is seriously wild.

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    My shiny luck is unusual....

I do have a couple here (6? I think) and quite a lot on my Moon file, but that's because I am determined to get them even if my luck is cruddy sometimes. For example, I've been browsing the forum a lot and haven't seen a single shiny for quite a while... but when I did see them, I ended up catching two of them in one day. xD The first two were both on 8/20, third on 9/11, fourth and fifth on 9/12, and my sixth on 9/17. For the rest of September and the entire Month of October I had no luck... but with my weird luck I might find a couple within a close span again after a long time of never finding any just like in the games.

10. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I've found one my entire time here post-easy-rate: that being a Ratatta. I mean its better then none- I kindof wish it wasn't just normal type because training it is redundant because of my Tauros. But I can't complain

11. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I haven't found a shiny yet. How weird would it be to find one on this thread?

12. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I have zero luck with shinies or anything like them. If I search for an Azelf, I might find a Beast - after over 200 refreshes. If I look for Spoopy Pikachu, I show up with nothing. Finding a shiny? Pretty much impossible. Ah well, I'll keep trying . . . ?

13. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I have pretty bad encounter luck but I was still able to find a Shiny. One will come in time- Just always be armed with 'balls so you can catch it

14. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Still have yet to even see one orz I wonder how some people are getting so lucky with them ;____;

15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Still yet to encounter the following rare Pokémon and shinies: ANY Shiny Pokémon, Mewtwo, Missigno., Azelf, Snorlax, Legendary Beasts. I'm most excited to catch or encounter a shiny though cause I really want one!

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Snorlax you can find in the Lounge, though it's extremely elusive for whatever weird reason. I only found a few yesterday, and that was the first time I'd seen then in months.
    I don't think Snorlax is as rare as a Shiny species, though. That one you just have to cross your fingers and hope the separate roll goes in your favour.

17. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    when it comes to shinies, I often feel like that this line from a song sums it up pretty well: "If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all." lol

18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    it seems like my luck is garbage with shinies in general so rip.

maybe next event when shiny rates are boosted!

19. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I've been fairly lucky with shinies on here so far. Got three of them without any help from shiny boosts.

20. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    Lets just say my shiny luck is non existent

#20 Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022