1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shiny Solosis

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Innocence, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Innocence

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Hello everyone.

Last night, I successfully hatched a shiny female Solosis and I would love to train her to her maximum potential. However, I've never dived into the massive world which is competitive training, or maxing out Pokémon's EVs. And this is where I need your help - I need someone to explain to me in a detailed, yet simple manner, how to successfully EV train this particular Pokémon and what moves to teach it. I know I could Google this, but I'd much rather someone explain it to me and have personal help.

[​IMG]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]These are her current stats:[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Level 1[/background]
    [background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Ability - Magic Guard[/background]
    [background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Nature - Quiet[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Attack: 5[/background]
    [background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Defense: 6[/background]
    [background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Sp. Attack: 7[/background]
    [background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Sp. Defense: 6[/background]
    [background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Speed: 4[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]This is what the purple guy in Kiloude City said about my Pokémon:[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]This Pokémon's potential is decent all around. That's how I judge it, anyway. Incidentally, I would say that it's greatest potential lies in its Defense stat. It's definitely got some good stats. That's how I judge it. [/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Keep in mind that I also have a Noibat infected with Pokérus and could transfer this to her, if needed in the process.[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Thank you![/background]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    Congrats on the shiny Solosis! It's nature is actually one of the BEST, so pat yourself on the back!

You could either use the set Serebii made: http://www.serebii.n...tw-bw/579.shtml (The first set'd probably be your best bet, since it has Quiet too.)

Or try a chance at my set, which is totally worse. xD (I haven't really made a moveset/spread from original, soooo)

With Reuniclus' just really bad base speed (i swear its not because of your nature, Reuniclus just has a 30 base speed, qq), you could put it in a Trick Room Team. Max HP Evs, Max Sp.Atk, and put the last 4 in any of the Defences. (note you cant split it since 4 equals 1 stat). I'd say Defence for it, because you already have the 31 IVs in there. (Note: I may be wrong about the 4 in Defence. It's just what

To EV Train it, you have two options; Super Training (Takes around 1hour-1hour 30minutes) or Hordes. For Hordes, you have to get the SP.Atk and HP power items from the Battle Maison, attach one to the solosis, and go out to find hordes that drop SP.Atk EV's. It is recommended to have Pokerus for this method, because with the SP.Atk power item, say you're fighting a Roselia, and they give 2 EVs for Sp.Atk. 2 + 4(the EVs from the power item)=6x2(pokerus)=12x5(All of the Pokémon in the horde)=60. A whopping 60 for every horde of Roselia! Now, I'd recommend the Super Training for you, because you haven't dove to the competitive scene yet, and it'd be unlikely you have the items for the Hordes. Plus, Super Training may take longer, but it sure is funner! o uo
    Like said earlier, though, 252 Sp.Atk/252 HP/ 4 Defence OR 4 Special Defences should be it's spread.

It's Moves?
    Well, if it'll be a Trick Roomer, then
    Trick Room(Reverse Speed)
    Psychic/Psyshock (If you want it to take down Blisseys/SP.Defence walls, go with Psyshock. Otherwise, Psychic, I think.)
    Recover(Heals)
    Shadow Ball(Pesky Psychics)

At least that's what I think. o 3o

Annnnnd, that's all. o uo You just only need to give your Pokémon a good set, and it's basically ready to go! o uo

(Personally, use Serebii's set. It makes more sense. If you did choose to use mine, then thankyou<3! but honestly, since I'm just sorta beginner like you, Serebii's set would be better)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Innocence likes this.
  3. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    It should be noted that ultimate maximum potential can only start with IV breeding. I don't think you bred your Solosis with perfect IVs, but understand that unless you do, there will be another Solosis out there that is easily better.

Either way, some things you need to know about EVs. Each Pokémon can earn a total of 510 EVs. At level 100, every 4 EVs in one stat adds one to that stat. For this reason, you should only increase EVs to a multiple of 4, otherwise you're wasting EVs and therefore a potential stat point. Each stat can only reach a maximum of 252 EVs, which is divisible by 4, so that's good. You can fully fill two stats with 252 EVs, bringing them to their maximum. It also leaves 6 EVs spare for one other stat, and since you can only use 4 of those, this means that no matter how you allocate them, there will always to two useless EVs that don't do anything. Remember this if you overstep the limits you set yourself by 1 or 2; it doesn't hurt.

You can always allocate EVs in a different way to spread them around more and increase more stats, even if not by as much. 252/252/4 is only good for super sweepers who need to move fast and hit hard, while only leaving enough left over for one stat point, which mostly goes into HP. But it can be fun to invent a new way to use Solosis by thinking of a different spread.

Now back to the subject of IVs. They are invisible, unchangeable stat boosters that every Pokémon has randomly generated when found in the wild or just randomly bred. They range from 0 to 31, and again, the boost is more easily explained at level 100. Basically, an IV of 31 increases the stat by 31. Doesn't seem like much, but when you do the maths that's the equivalent of 124 extra EVs in that stat. Having low or 0 IVs just means that your Pokémon doesn't get any boosts from the base stats, that's all. They can be bred for by using special items when you breed Pokémon, and you can get a vague idea of what they are by talking to the purple-haired guy in the Pokémon centre in Kiloude city.

Innocence and Pokechu like this.
  4. Innocence

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Thank you both for your help! Now I have a somewhat good idea of what should be done.

So basically I should max out her Sp. Attack and HP? And then give the resting EVs somewhere else?

Also, when I'm done super training her, do I just grind for levels and that's it? It doesn't matter what Pokémon I defeat after that, right?

5. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    You should max the Sp.Atk/Hp ONLY if you want to try my set, but I'd REALLY recommend Serebii's, xD.
    It'd be better to take advice from an expert than from a beginner like me, xD.

Also, yup, you can just grind for levels after you've gotten all of the EVs. Super Training will tell you when you've gotten the max amount of EVs.
    Annnd it does not matter what Pokémon you beat after that. o uo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.