1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shiny Talk: Show Off Your Shinies!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by JadeFox, May 3, 2017.

?

Would you be interested in a shiny-catching contest for LV?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Maybe (?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Hey guys! I made this thread because of the popularity of shiny hunting in Pokémon. Since Shiny Pokémon are such a big thing in Pokémon, I'm actually kinda surprised that no one has made a thread like this (at least I don't think). Before 6th Gen, the chances of getting one was 1/8192, so adding one to your team is an amazing feat! Recently I started getting into the shiny hunting mood, so now I've started a new Emerald file just for this (and also doing the Battle Frontier )! So if you find a shiny (in any method), please share it in this thread! And if you don't have any shinies to show off, then share some shiny-hunting tips for other shiny hunters!

I also added a poll asking if anyone would be interested in participating in a shiny-catching contest, so if you feel like answering that, that would be cool! :)

So when starting my Emerald game, I thought, "Shiny Treecko," cuz it look cool. So I started soft resetting! And about 20-ish resets (I need to keep count next time XD), I found him:

[​IMG]

Which is really lucky. I could have been resetting for a long time XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 May 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
    Arc1Dragon likes this.
  2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    All the shinies I've come across were by pure luck; with the exception of the Gyarados in HG/SS, Haxorus/Gible/Dratini in B2/W2.

I don't have any pics but I do have a list. I've caught roughly one shiny in each game. In all irony; I've found each one post-game...if I did before the main story was done; there would be no doubt I'd put them on my final team. Each one in their basic form, I have since evolved if possible.

FireRed: Shiny Meowth

Ruby: Shiny Numel

Sapphire: Shiny Slakoth

Emerald: Shiny Seviper

Pearl: Shiny Shellos

Platinum: Shiny Houndour

HG: Shiny Geodude

SS: Shiny Scyther

Black: Shiny Deerling

Black 2: Shiny Axew

White 2: Shiny Koffing

Y: Shiny Drapion

Omega Ruby: Shiny Ariados (Just caught this guy yesterday!)

Sun: Shiny Pelipper

Haven't found one for Moon yet, but I'm hoping it'll happen soon. Almost got my shiny charm for Sun, just a few more Pokémon in the Pokédex to go!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JadeFox likes this.
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have so many shiny Pokémon that I need to categorize them all in two groups. Ones from events, and ones from random encounters.

~Events~
    *2 red Gyarados from Pokémon SoulSilver in-game event.
    *A shiny Entei and Suicune, from a past Wi-Fi event in 2011 (I missed Raikou, sadly).
    *Shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina from a gameshop event in 2013.
    *A shiny Dragonite and Haxorus from Pokémon White 2 in-game events (nicknamed Spyro and Grimiore respectively).
    *A shiny Mega Gengar from a gameshop event in 2014.
    *Steven's shiny Beldum (now a Metagross).
    *Shiny Rayquaza from a Wi-Fi event (year unknown).
    *Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal from a Wi-Fi event for Pokémon's 20th Anniversary.

~Random Encounters~
    *A shiny Charizard, gifted by a guy from high school (nicknamed Fier).
    *A shiny Roserade from Pokémon Pearl (unnamed).
    *A shiny Spinda from Emerald (unnamed).
    *A shiny Altaria from an Emerald Nuzlocke (nicknamed Light).
    *A shiny Crobat from a Platinum Nuzlocke (nicknamed Uli).
    *A shiny female Unfezant and Audino from a Pokémon Black Nuzlocke (nicknamed Hollie and Julie respectively).
    *A shiny Lanturn, Clawitzer, and Kingdra, from Pokémon X chain fishing (nicknamed Amethyst, Garnet, and AquaMarine respectively).
    *Shiny Probopass, Ampharos, Ursaring and Floatzel, from a Pokémon Y Nuzlocke (nicknamed Copper, Turquoise, Letty, and Topaz respectively).
    *Shiny Ledian and Metagross, from Wonder Trade.
    *Shiny Minior, Alolan Dugtrio, and Alolan Raticate from Pokémon Sun (nicknamed Black Opal, Azurite, and Spinel respectively).
    *Shiny midday Lycanroc, from breeding (nicknamed Lapis).

...Phew, that's a lot. Sorry for the long list. ^^;

JadeFox likes this.
  4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I've never tried shiny hunting, though I'd love to get my hands on one. I got this amazing shiny Ponyta that my sister found which I traded to my friend as I didn't trust myself to look after it. I also got a shiny Simisear from trade, but they look almost exactly like normal Simisears. Come to think of it, my sister's had much better luck with shinies as the also found a shiny Gloom while playing Y... But so far, I've never come across a shiny by myself :( Looks like I might give shiny hunting a go, then!