1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Should Regigigas Have Been In The Hoenn Dex

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Apawn, May 22, 2016.

?

Should It Be In It

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    As The Title says, Do you think that Regigigas Should Have Been In The Hoenn Dex? For Me I think it should have because all the other Sinnoh Pokémon That Evolved From Hoenn Pokémon Did :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I don't believe it should be. Regigigas isn't an evolved form or anything, and only serves as a master to the other three Regis. Similarly (though in the anime), Lugia serves as the trio master to the three legendary birds, but isn't considered a Kanto (first generation) Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Probably yes? Since they're all connected and the Regi trio are supposed to be the "keys" to awaken Regigigas, so I don't think they have a purpose in Hoenn without Regigigas. They're just...there. After its first appearance, we always have access to them in a complete package. In Platinum, you can encounter Registeel, Rock, and Ice, then awaken Regigigas in Snowpoint. In BW2, you can find the trio then awaken Gigas in a cave. And finally in ORAS, we can also catch them all again.

Registeel, Regirock, and Regice were originally Hoenn legends so its Master should be considered a part of it as well, right? So Regigigas should have been in the Hoenn dex.

4. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I don't think Regigigas should've been in the Hoenn dex. My personal theory is that the Pokémon world found out later about Regigigas' existence, and by then, the Pokédex order for Hoenn had already been established, which caused them to add it to the Sinnoh Pokédex, the region where it was first discovered.

5. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Well Couldn't The Same Be Said About The Evolutions Or Even Megas, Why Put all the effort in adding the new Evo's and Not Regigigas?

6. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I think that would be because Regigigas isn't an evolution of the other Regis. It's its own species, which allows it to be put anywhere in the Pokédex. However, moving it to make it stand beside the other Regis would make it look like it's a Hoenn legendary Pokémon, which it's not.

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    I really don't see the connection how Regigigas would look like a legendary Pokémon even if it were moved into the Hoenn dex. Even so, I agree it has no place in the Hoenn dex either.
    Despite you can encounter and capture it in Hoenn, it simply isn't a local Pokémon to begin with, as its existence was pre-established elsewhere.

8. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I liked the idea of Regigigas being higher by a whole generation than the other Regis. The idea with hoenn would have been amazing, but I feel like we'll see a better idea in the... Probably inevitable Gen4 remake
    In short, I think this has potential for Gen 4 but still would have worked well in ORAS

9. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Are U saying having the Regi's In The Sinnoh Dex?

10. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Yeah, I guess so, [member=APawn]. It would make life easier for people like me but also allows some nice after game story to come though.

Apawn likes this.
  11. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Yeah, this is pretty much my feelings towards it too. Pokémon should stay in the dex of the region that they're discovered in. It makes more sense to me that way. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.