1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Should there be More Customization for you Character in Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Vaquero, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Do you guys remember Miis? If not, they're pretty much just avatars that you customize with your own facial features or make whatever abominations that your dark little heart desires. If you are aware of Mii's, which is probably most of you, then I wasted precious seconds of your time. And I apologize for that.

But don't you wish you could apply height and weight to more match your own physique or to just because. Being tall and stocky makes me want my character to reflect that.

But there's also the problem of customization. The lack of hats disturbs me. As being a TF2 player has taught me: Throughout history, men have worn hats as a way of showing how much better they are than other men. “I buy hats,” a behatted man seems to say. “I am better than you.”

So, we need variety. I'm talking about more than just caps and beanies. I'm talking about things like suits, top hats, bowler hats, punk clothes, Pikachu suits, nods at Nintendo characters clothing, and, what I want most of all, a good ol' cowboy hat, (preferably a cutter made of straw.)

So, yeah. Anyone agree with me? If you don't then congratulations, you're a human being.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    I agree that I would like more variety, but previously, w/ the 3DS, there wasn't too much power for it.
    Now that pokémon's moving to the Switch, however, I do hope Nintendo will add more variety with the character customization. Maybe not as much as Miis, but more clothing options (especially hats) would be nice. I need a fez, bow tie, and tweed jacket, at least.

3. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    we need fedoras for the main character too,not just Giovanni

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FedoraMelody likes this.
  4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I need more outrageous clothing to break up the mood of serious cutscenes! Maybe certain NPCs could give out clothes as rewards for completing sidequests, or you could download extra clothing from the internet as some sort of mystery gift.

5. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    While I agree more hat options would be nice, I don't believe height and weight adjustments are necessary.

6. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Of course there should be more clothing and body options for the player characer(s) in the mainline games! That alone would have served players better in Sun/Moon than the overload of cutscenes. With the migration to the Switch for the next entries, I hope GameFreak does take additional clothing options into consideration instead of wasting ROM space on features that most players don't want or even need.

Vaquero likes this.
  7. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Yes.... that hat revolution is growing! LETS STORM NINTENDO AND TELL THEM WE WANT OUR HATS!

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Height adjustments please, I'm six foot 3 (191 cm) and would like to show that off B) :D

9. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I’m 6 foot but I still have time to grow. I’m also more heavy set so I’d like a character reflected that. However, I’d be more than happy to trade all of that for a cowboy hat

10. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Just give me the Guzma sunglasses and I'll be happy for life personally XD

11. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Guzman wears shades? Don’t remember seeing that in game

12. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    [​IMG]

Look at those gloriously oversized glasses sitting on his head. They are glorious and I want to look glorious too.

13. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Oh, he just never wears them though XD

14. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Inb4 he has extra eyes up there like a Bug-type and uses those glasses to conceal them X_X

15. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    That’s just a theory, a GAME THEORY.

16. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    We should absolutely be able to design our own clothing in the games. I mean, if Animal Crossing can do it, why can't Pokémon? Also, the lack of variety in male character design and clothing choices is absolutely criminal. Every male protagonist from DPPt onwards has basically been a clone of Lucas and it's depressing when the girls have such fantastically varied designs. Male fashion consists of more than just shorts, trousers, long-sleeved shirts and t-shirts, and I'd love it if they'd bother to acknowledge this. I want to see trenchcoats, kilts, and long hair options.

There is no such thing as "just cosmetics" in video games, and given that your avatar in the games is supposed to be you, it's important how you personalise them to make them look unique or aesthetically pleasing. The options in XY and SM just have not been enough for this. The importance of fashion is so often overlooked in games.

FedoraMelody and Vaquero like this.
  17. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    You really get me.......... SM was the worst when it came to clothing: XY had decent clothing option but were still limited. I really want to be able to customize my character to look like a rough and tough gunslinger with a cowboy, duster, jeans, cowboy boots, and all that good stuff. I also wish I could adjust height and weight so it could look more like me.

You passion for cosmetics and customization makes me see you as a great ally XD

18. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I will say that they need to add more and better clothing options. More hats would be nice and what they have now isn't good. However, I don't want them to sacrifice too much time and resources on character customization. I'd prefer to see that time spent either making the game better or making the release date come sooner. Not to mention that these are game developers making cloths. I think they should really get outside help, like someone who works in fashion.