1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Sign Ups OPEN for Summer Scramble 2019!

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Vigilance, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    SS-Banner.png
    Summer Scramble Sign-Ups 2019

Attention, Lake Valor Members! Portals to Ultra Space have opened across the site, and the Ultra Beasts are taking over! If left unchecked, they will destroy first this society, and then the entire planet! Only you can prevent this catastrophe!

Three organizations have been formed in answer to this crisis, each with its own philosophy on how to best stop the invasion. Which side will you help to save the world?

What is the Summer Scramble?

Lake Valor's most exciting event month returns!

Starting July 1st through 'til August 1st all of you will have a chance to participate in a series of fun team based events which will encourage you to work with your fellow teammates in order to get some great prizes and make even better memories. Participating as well as winning for your team gives you special "Scramble Coins!" At the end of July, the team with the most Coins comes away with LV's biggest prizes; special name glows, rare Pokémon encounters and never before seen new Pokémon!

There will be a variety of events so you're bound to find something you can do! Plus, being on a team gives you super secret access to a special Forum and Discord team hub that you don't want to miss out on!

You DON'T want to miss this!

Teams

Team Sunsteel
    The Power of the Sun, in the palm of our hands!”
    Cosmog was fleeing to us for help when it arrived through the Ultra Wormhole. Now its aggressors, the Ultra Beasts, have tracked it here, and they intend to finish Cosmog off, and us along with it! We are not going to let that stand! Let us fight fire with fire, and show that humanity is not going to accept extinction, and that Lake Valor is not the playground of the Ultra Beasts! Through the power of Solgeleo, we shall put a stop to this invasion!

Join Team Sunsteel, and let us grasp the Sun in our hands and forge a way through to tomorrow!

Team Moongeist
    “On behalf of the Moon, we will set this right!”
    The gift of inner strength, and a oneness with life which some have called true enlightenment, has time and again throughout history proven to be the end of conflict. Violence only begets more violence. Lunala, the Full Moon, embodies these concepts of peace and understanding, and it is through Lunala that we will find an answer to the Ultra Beasts. They are Cosmog's friends, and came in answer to its cries of pain when it was cruelly exploited by humans. We need to make amends, and help it reach its fullest potential.

Join Team Moongeist! Fighting only begets more fighting, so let us connect to the spirits of our aggressors and make them our friends! There has been enough pain and suffering.

Team Prismatic
    “We alone behold the Truth beyond Light and Darkness”
    Cosmog is the root cause of all of our problems. Cosmog opened the portal to Ultra Space, and unleashed these Ultra Beasts upon the world. Are we going to look to Cosmog to solve the problems that it caused? It was hubris for us to think that we could harness the power of something so unstable and alien, and if we attempt to use Cosmog again – or worse, make it stronger – then the crisis we face will only worsen. It all must end.

Only the Blinding One, Necrozma, can save us from this invasion, and put an end to the threat. We need a power greater than the Sun or the Moon to ensure our continued survival. Join us at Team Prism, so that we can awaken our savior and put an end to this madness once and for all!

Post below to Sign Up!

You have until July 1st to sign up! It's easy, fill out the template in the spoiler and post it here! We'll use our super special secret formula to see what team you'll be fighting for! Onward!

- Are you on LV's Discord Server(Yes/No):
    - How often do you check LV during the day?
    - What time zone are you?
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply):

Everyone who posts will be put on a team! These questions are just so we get a better idea of where to place each user. They don’t mean anything though!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    Okay, for the third year in a row, I'm going to sign up.

Yes, I'm on the LV discord
    Pretty often, don't really post though (should fix that)
    EST (I live in Upstate New York. I'm honest about this)
    I like the writing portion, Trivia is interesting, and the Arcade Minigames and the create a Pokémon/Pokémon type was very fun. Don't recommend that you play Tetris before you go to bed, though

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  3. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    Are you on LV's Discord Server(Yes/No): Yes.
    How often do you check LV during the day?: The server? Hella often, as I have Discord on my phone. The forums? Pretty often during the weekends. At least once a day on weekdays (due to work and all).
    What time zone are you? EST
    What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply): Writing, Trivia, and Posting :)

Vigilance likes this.
  4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    - Are you on LV's Discord Server(Yes/No): Yes
    - How often do you check LV during the day? Minimum once or twice a day
    - What time zone are you? GMT +2
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply): Posting, trivia (highly depends on which kind)

Vigilance likes this.
  5. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    - How often do you check LV during the day? 2-3 times (more if needed)
    - What time zone are you? CST
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply):Posting, trivia, art, battling

Vigilance likes this.
  6. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    - Are you on LV's Discord Server Yep
    - How often do you check LV during the day? I check every now and then during the day. Mostly of discord since I got smash channels and stuff but I’m always in the forums too
    - What time zone are you? EST (I hope that’s right. It’s like 12:17 PM in Murica right now if that helps)
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply): I mean I’m down for art and writing but I’m not good at those :/

Pokémon battling, again not good. Unless we do a Pokémon themed smash tourney.............. plz that’s the only way I’m gonna be useful.

Vigilance likes this.
  7. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Are you on LV's Discord Server(Yes/No): Yes

How often do you check LV during the day? I lurk the Discord server a little bit, and am on the forums quite a lot.

What time zone are you? EDT

What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply): Pokémon Battling / Trivia / Battling

Vigilance likes this.
  8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I've been on the winning team for both of the previous Summer Scrambles. Let's see if I can keep that streak going.

Are you on LV's Discord Server?
    Yes.

How often do you check LV during the day?
    Varies, but usually quite often.

What time zone are you?
    PST

What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply):
    All of the above.

Vigilance likes this.
  9. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    - Are you on LV's Discord Server(Yes/No): no
    - How often do you check LV during the day? Uh, probably too much, I'm on nearly every day for hours. Almost all day on the weekends.
    - What time zone are you? GMT+9: 30 (I had to research this so...yeah this is what google said.)
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply): Art, Writing, Pokémon Battling, posting

(Yes, I'm up at 3:00 in the morning well done me, go to sleep Momo)
    (Nope)

Vigilance likes this.
  10. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    - Are you on LV's Discord Server(Yes/No): yes
    - How often do you check LV during the day? usually 2 or 3+ times a day
    - What time zone are you? EST (New York time)
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply): all of the above

Vigilance likes this.
  11. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    • Are you on LV's Discord Server?
    Sure am!
    • How often do you check LV during the day?
    Once for sure, then maybe (probably) more, like if I've got nothing to do.
    • What time zone are you?
    UTC+2!
    • What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply)
    Art, Writing (when I can xD), Posting! Trivia can be fun but I don't think I'm very good :'D

Vigilance likes this.
  12. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    - Are you on LV's Discord Server?
    Yes
    Now that Summer's started, I'm checking it more often (once or twice a day, compared to a few times a week during the school year, and when events are ongoing, I tend to keep the tab open.) (granted, I don't really post that much, and I was inactive for a while because of studying for SATs, ACTs, and Finals)
    EST
    - What type of events do you enjoy?
    Personally, I liked the writing and arcade minigame events the most last year, though I'm not opposed to any of the events.

Vigilance likes this.
  13. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,074.6
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Yes but I never use Discord.
    As often as I can (due to work etc)
    Middle/Central european time (Netherlands)
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply):
    writing. trivia. posting

Vigilance likes this.
  14. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Yep, on there just about every day, though i lurk more than anything

Not as much these days due to work and... well, discord. but i'll be here a lot more often during the scramble.

EST

The ones I enjoy the most? Pokémon Battling, Trivia, and Arcade that was done last year.

Vigilance likes this.
  15. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Yes!
    Once or twice a day but I often spend a couple of hours lurking around, especially in the summer
    EST
    Writing, art (When and if I can), and posting (But I did like that arcade stuff that we did last year)

Vigilance likes this.
  16. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Are you on LV's Discord Server?
    ...I am, but I haven't used Discord for quite a while.
    How often do you check LV during the day?
    ...At least once per day, on some days two or three times. Unless I can't because of difficulties concerning my life etc...
    What time zone are you?
    ...UTC+2
    What type of events do you enjoy?
    ...That depends on the event specifically and on how it is set up. Generally speaking though, Posting and Trivia seems most compelling to me.
    Edit: Maybe also battling, though I don't have any actual experience. Though I'm eager to try it out.

SIDENOTE: I'm not able to participate in the Summer Scramble in the first week, because I'm going on a vacation. I hope that's ok.

#16 Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Vigilance likes this.
  17. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    Y'know what, why not join in on this?
    -Are you on LV's Discord Server?:
    Yep
    -How often do you check LV during the day?
    At least once a day, if not more than that.
    -What time zone are you?
    EST
    -What type of events do you enjoy? (list all that apply):
    I'm down for Writing and Art events, and possibly Battling events after I brush up on my competitive knowledge.

Vigilance likes this.
  18. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    - How often do you check LV during the day?: Depends on how busy I am, but I try to check at least once a day.
    - What time zone are you?: EST
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply): Art, Battling, Trivia, and Posting.

Vigilance likes this.
  19. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    No.
    Not often, as I don't follow many threads.
    GMT -4
    - What type of events do you enjoy? (Art/Writing/Pokémon Battling/Trivia/Posting - list all that apply):​
    • Making art whether it is drawn, painted, sculpted, or musical.​
    • Making lists.​
    • Writing the four stories that are awaiting completion.​
    • Battling via Pokémon Moon.​
    • Posting randomly, and only on very particular subjects.​
    I wouldn't mind being on either Moongeist or Prismatic.

Vigilance likes this.
  20. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Yeah, I am.
    Quite often, mostly after school.
    AEST
    Writing, Pokémon Battling, Trivia and maybe Posting.

Vigilance likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.