1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Signatures

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Oct 5, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Signatures are used to denote that a piece of art is yours, and to hopefully deter people from stealing it ( I know this isn't always the case). Signatures can come in the form of watermarking or just scribbling your name/pen name somewhere on the art piece itself. Do you guys use signatures? Do you make them stand out or do you hide them?

I try to sign my art as much as I can. With my big lineless pieces I hide the signature because I don't want it to distract from the actual art itself, but I make it big enough to where people would be able to find it. On commissions though if I get permission to share it, I make my signature big and ugly to try and deter people from using it for personal use/stealing it. If it's a simple doodle or just a silly drawing in general I usually don't sign it. Then again, I usually don't showcase that kind of art anywhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I sign most of my art with a shortened version of my art username. I used to use the full thing, but I got lazy and the shorter version looks better anyway. I try to make the signature visible, but in a spot where it doesn't take away from the art too much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I’ve recently gone back to sign my more recent artworks. My signature is small, but still readable. It includes my username and the year I created the piece. I try my best to include a signature in every piece of art I create, but sometimes, I forget.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I use my username to sign stuff it isn’t something that I am likely to use. I am thnking about making a water mark though

5. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I end up signing every piece I share even if it's a little doodle. I used to make the sigs really bright and easy to notice but now I set the layer with my sig at a really low opacity (3% or so) so the sig doesnt obstruct but it's still there.

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    oh! my old style of signing is to sign my name on the lineart. it would be the same lineart color. i just felt like it was way too distracting to keep doing that.

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I don't sign my work. I haven't really made anything worth stealing, so why bother?

8. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    still, its good to get into the habit of signing your art i think.

9. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I try to sign my work, although my little sprites/animations tend to end up without any due to the mere size. (it's difficult when you have 50x50-100x100 canvases..)

usually my sigs are a random color I used (commonly black) and 100% visible, although sometimes I try to make it semi-transparent like a watermark..

10. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I think I've only signed my work about 5 times in my several years of digital drawing. My work never got popular enough to steal so I never got the point. I've seen users with "bad" art but were popular who got their stuff stolen, so with a low profile and art not very improved at that point, I just kinda dodged all that. plus I never knew how to put it in the piece where it would still look good aesthetically