1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Signing artwork

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Pixil, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    So I was thinking about this the other day...

How do you sign your artwork? Do you use your real name or a username, or something else? Why? How did you come up with it?

Or maybe you don't bother? Why not?

I never know how to sign my art. :C So I just do whatever comes to mind. Hopefully I can find some more consistency if I start getting into drawing a little more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BadPandaPancham

BadPandaPancham PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    As a fellow artist (at least I like to think so), I sign my art by either a pen name (usually a username), my real name if I am giving it to someone I know, or my username for whatever site I am signing it for/posting it to specifically.

I only can do the standard pencil and paper (digital is too expensive, I need a computer, tablet, program etc.) so I usually sign my actual name or my nickname (Billy Warg) on it, depending on who it's for. If it is for no one in particular/just you, I'd just sign the name you like most, which is usually my nickname.

Not sure if this helped at all, but I tried x)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I don't bother signing my drawings xD They're really not that good at all, so if someone wants to use it, go ahead. I won't really mind it.

4. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I always forget to sign my art, but when I do, I usually sign it with the pen name "AWL" and a crescent moon with wings. I honestly began to hate putng my signature on art because I felt it obstructed from the drawing, so you may see it in some works written very very small.

5. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I leave my signature at the bottom right corner of most of my art along with the date.
    No big reason, just for formality's sake since I see artists do that all the time.

6. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I used to sign my art with my first initial because my username and real name start with the same letter but I stopped after a while. Now the only time I sign stuff is some of the time when I give it to someone else. Sometimes people use watermarks as an alternative to signatures. I just don't bother anymore.

7. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    If I sign my artwork, I'll use a username. I usually don't, though.

8. Gearpunk

Gearpunk School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    It all depends. If it's professional work, I'll sign with my real name on an obvious spot (those are usually, if ever, uploaded to the internet).
    If it's something that's either for fun, or a commission bought by a friend or someone trust worthy, I put my username/nickname as a watermark~

I've alway seen super paranoid though~ orz

9. LadyCharizard

Flurry
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽22.9
    I used to use the paintbrush tool to sign my artwork as "LadyCharizard" followed by the month and year the piece was completed in. Nowadays, I sign "LadyC" using the pen tool, followed by the month and year again.

My sketches, however, are signed "LadyC" in whatever pen I can find with the day, month and year the sketch was completed on, providing that the sketch isn't a miserable failure. In the highly rare event that the sketch takes more than one day to complete, I date it accordingly, labelling what parts were done on which day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.