1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

single- or multiplayer

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    What kind of gamer are you? Do you enjoy teaming up with people to play a game, or do you prefer the solo adventure? And for multiplayer, do you play with friends or with strangers?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Single player all the way xD Multiplayer is fun with friends, but I want to just be able to play a game without having to connect to random strangers half of the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    KK has the same Idea that I have. I enjoy single player better because I can take it at my pace and not be worried that I am keeping others waiting. Also, most strangers are complete idiots in games.

4. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    it depends on the game, but normally single player !! but when i do play multi player i usually play with friends :”)

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I agree with this, but playing with real people you know is incredibly fun. My internet connection can't support online gaming, but playing Super Smash Bros or 20XX or Battle Block Theater locally with friends is such a blast.

But on that note, I'm mostly a single-player gamer, because the only multiplayer gaming I can do is locally. So I do a lot of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect, Far Cry, Pokémon of course, and pretty much just games that are fully functional as single-player games. I can't wait until I move and get better internet so I can actually play with people again!

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Playing multiplayer with friends is really good, just multiplayer with strangers is a no.

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Video gaming is, for me, a single-player experience. I don't own any games with multiplayer features, with the exception of Mario Party - and I plan to keep it that way if I can. Gaming is something I do when I can get some time alone and to myself; it's not something I like to do with friends. There are other games I can play with friends that work so much better in multiplayer contexts (like Uno or Monopoly or Dos), so playing video games with others, unless it's something like Mario Party where the purpose is, not to win, but to cause as much mayhem as possible, seems like a silly endeavour.

8. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I still pine for single player. Last one I played was Horizon Zero Dawn which was okay. Preferred Nioh before that though.

I'm veryyy iffy with multiplayer. But I've kind of come around to it. Mainly play it in Overwatch & Xenoverse 2, but I have tried it in Nioh & the Borderlands games.

9. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Definitely prefer single player. I don't have mainly multiplayer games for a reason (and that reason is because I suck). By playing alone I don't get told how bad I am! :D

10. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Single player is my choice. First of all, I don't own much multiplayer games, secondly, My internet connection isn't strong enough to handle multiplayer and thirdly, I don't play with strangers, only people I know and in my locality there is no girl who is interested in playing games. Like literally, if you ask 'em if they wanna play Mario kart with me, they would be like what it is? No. So, yeah, I'm pretty happy playing alone and competing myself for scores.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Multiplayerrrr! It is so fun to be part of a team!

12. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Multiplayer. I was an only child for 10 years, so I'm kinda sick of single player.

13. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I prefer to play at my own pace, so singleplayer suits me. If I opt for multiplayer, I prefer to go cooperative over competitive.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I like MMOs that can be played single player. The option to play either way at any moment is nice.

15. Thundawave

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽132.8
    I mainly prefer single player, but every now and then I play multiplayer to play games with my friends. If it's a team game like League, I'd rather go in with my friends than with strangers.

16. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I play single player, and only rarely go multiplayer on Monster Hunter with my friends. My internet and such is very poor, making multiplayer difficult.

17. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm a lone wolf, baby! I prefer playing solo, since I don't have a lot of online friends. And the randoms I do end up playing with are usually more of an anchor than an asset, getting themselves KOed and such. I find it more fulfilling to beat games on my own without help.

18. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Depends on the game, but usually I like team based multiplayer where I strategize with a team. My favorite example of this is foxhole where the entire MMO is a huge team based experience. Sometimes though, I like playing alone without anyone even NPC's, like fallout.

19. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Single-player for the most part, but I don't mind playing multi-player every once in a while. Just not too often; I prefer to be solo more often than not.

20. Panazel

Benefic
    (Latias)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽100.2
    Hmm, this is a tough cookie. It primarily depends on the game's design to better incorporate single player or multiplayer (especially important in Nintendo platformers starting with NSMB Wii) and whether or not it can incorporate well for other players even if I'm rushing ahead/playing TOO well.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (and Ring of Fates for the DS) are both games that can be played single player but are a whole lot more fun with multiple people. Kirby: Star Allies is designed with multiplayer in mind, so I'd play with others if I could. But something that's multiplayer-worthy but I'd also like to play solo are things like Elsword and Super Mario 3D World because they're also a lot of fun solo with a different feel in those cases.