1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sinnoh's Ribbons

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ShiroLugia, Oct 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    How did you feel about the introduction of ribbons to put on Pokémon back in Sinnoh? Did you try to collect a bunch? Still admire your collection?

I remember I loved buying those really fancy ribbons in the villa you could get... They all gave my Pokémon a sentimental feel. Anyone ever get them all?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I always thought ribbons were cool, not very functional sure, but it was kind of like gym badges, especially since they would get better ribbons from advancing through contests.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShiroLugia

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    @[member="HiddenLore"] Right? And they were just fun to look at and check out. What was really cool was when you got a Pokémon from the GTS and you could see all the ribbons that Pokémon got, kind of giving you its history, lol.

4. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I still love Ribbons a lot! I got all of them from that one lady in Sunyshore City for my Torterra, and I even bought one of them... they were very expensive so I couldn't buy them all, though. It added a nice touch to the game, and it gave me the feeling that the Pokémon that got the ribbons were really special.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I tried to get as many as I could on my Empoleon just because it was fun I don't remember how many he ended up having other than there were many. I guess it was a great time killer to try see how many ribbons your favorite mons could get.

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Yah, Sinnoh had a ton. I'm trying to get them all on my Infernape in Pearl (16 so Far if I remember correctly), but its Impossible thanks to the WiFi being down (The Battle Tower WiFi Ribbon)

7. ShiroLugia

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Omg it's just like how in Unova you can't get some medals anymore. Makes the games almost feel impossible to 100%!! I totally forgot about the WiFi Ribbon. Good luck on collecting the rest though! It'd be cool if you transfer the Infernape and see what the ribbons look like in newer gens.

8. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Well there is also the fact that it is pretty much Impossible to get all of Contest Ribbons on one mon (Unless you still have the berries from events/Emerald or you hack them in), So I can only get like 23-ish on him....:p

9. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Honestly, I never really cared about the ribbon system. I mean it was a cool concept but for me it didn't shine. That being said the Medal System in Black 2 and White 2 you couldn't fucking stop me from beating the Elite 4 with a team made of a certain type. I actually got all the Medals in B2/W2 and I felt complete.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    For some reason I always have the Footprint Ribbon on all Pokémon I transfer from Gen 4. It was nice to enter contests there and just add to the collection. It didn't add much but I did feel it was a nice touch.