1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sinnoh's Underground

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by LostSpirit, Nov 11, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    [​IMG]
    Back in the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games, there was a feature called the "Underground." To get to this feature, you would use an Explorer Kit and drop into a magical hole in the ground and you would be in the underground!

The underground had plenty of features such as digging for ore and receiving things such as shards, heartscales, evolutionary stones, you name it! There were also traps (that were a tad bit annoying) that you could sent for other players in the vicinity. You could even create an underground secret base and play a flag game with friends over the (now disconnected) WiFi!

Anyhow, how did you guys enjoy the Underground? Did you find it fun or did you find it boring? Did you use it at all? How much time did you spend on it? Let us know your thoughts on it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I loved it, one correction, it doesn't use the WiFi, it uses local area network, thus you can still connect to other players and collect flags, assuming you have friends that have the game as well.

The Underground is one of many reasons that I love the Diamond and Pearl Games. I'm kinda like those gen 1 people sometimes. like the other games were good, but Sinnoh will always be my home. I beat those games more than any other. I went through the hassle of connecting and disconnecting to my other game 30 times so that I could get spiritomb, then proceeded not to use it. all sorts of stuff.

That's why (against current patterns and hope) I keep hoping they will announce a remake of the games. It would mean so much to me to be able to fight Team Galactic, and go unerground, wander Eterna forest with that Chansey Lady, all with the bonus of 3D. Plus I love the elite four in that game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I loved the underground. I had so much fun playing with my BFF and her brother (Since the sprites are the same, depending on your gender, we ran around in circles and got him so confused on who was who), I was quite sad when I lost my copy of platinum... I want to see that feature in another Pokémon game.

4. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Underground>Secret Bases imo
    I loved setting traps and making my base a puzzle. I'm hoping that they bring it back soon.

5. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Oh, don't get me started on Secret Bases. I loved those so much, even before I had to go to school I'd turn on my DSi and play with Ho-Oh on the Secret Bases. Diamond and Pearl were my first ever Pokémon games, and I really think they should (well, they will) make a remake of those games.

6. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I relate with @[member="✯Ho-OhLugia✯"] on this one, I played the underground a TON with my sister. It's funny, because my sister usually took no interest in Pokémon games, but after I showed her the underground system-- she played that with me non-stop! I spent hours on it, I hope in a Sinnoh remake we get the underground back. ;7;

East likes this.
  7. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Sinnoh's underground was one of the best features for DPPt, especially Platinum. The underground's ability to connect with other players ON THE SAME SCREEN blew me away when I was younger; I thought it was the future in the present, to be honest! :P
    Secret bases were just as fun as Hoenn's, and the cooler part was that you could go MINING. Now that...is always fun as hell.

Also... this.

8. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I used this all the time to mess around with friends. I especially remember how my brother would get really mad at me for stealing his flag despite it having no negative effects on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.