1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Site Questions, Suggestions & Feedback [Archive]

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Ryan, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Just a wee suggestion I have: I think it would be nice if we could feature Blog entries on our Blogs. This way, we could create a kind of opening description that people will see as soon as they enter the blog, or it could even be used for an important blog update! I just feel that something like this on the blogs would be pretty cool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Yes, this is definitely something we would want to implement. Though it is not something we can do right now as sadly this is a standard feature on our forum software, and heck on the default version of this there isn't even secondary user group icons, so you would have no way of telling some one is a mentor. We had to use a plugin to use a secondary/third user rank image under an avatar. Still though, we do want to implement this.

This is a great and fun idea! I'm not sure who could stream them as I'd rather not but I'd like to see this done too.

Yeah, I'd like to look in to this too as the blogs do deserve some more love.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I was thinking maybe like a sidebar thing that while on the forums will stay on the side of the screen with all the main links (market,Your profile,etc) and also have a notification feed and stuff? Or even have it on the top of the screen and have it stay there while scrolling through threads and stuff? maybe? I don't even know if this is a good idea, i just thought of it and thought you guys might want to see it haha

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Now, this isn't really a suggestion, but more just something that has bothered me for quite a while now, especially lately. A lot of times, I see a thread get Archived, and then the exact same thread is recreated immediately after. All this means to me is that I can write the same post once again, just to get another post. Yes, Professor Sycamore is still my favorite Pokémon Professor, Sinnoh is still my favorite region, and my Trainer Class would still be the Shadow Triad. All of these threads have been remade at least once, if not more. It's almost like half of all the posts I make are about things I already did once, and that doesn't really encourage me to post at all...

Now, I understand that threads are being closed and remade for the sake of keeping it active, but isn't that kind of what the thread bumping feature is for? If inactive threads can be recreated anyway, then why even have the bumping feature at all? I don't see where it could otherwise be used for. Writing a post that I already wrote once is everything but exciting to me, and I can imagine that other people suffer from the same problem.

Like I said, this isn't really a suggestion, but I didn't see any other thread where I could post this issue.

Steamlined likes this.
  5. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    We have SOTW and POTW , what if we had themed Themed Pokémon team of the weekend? Like making a Pokémon team for a specific character or theme (such as ice or fire) I think it'd be something fun and cool to do :3

6. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    That'll require quite a lot of redesigning on our developer's part. It is a good idea that I can see working in the future but trying something like that isn't priority right now since we have a lot of other things to tackle, plus we're pretty satisfied with our existing sidebars for the most part. Thanks for the suggestion. n~n

I can really understand where you're coming from.. but I've always seen archiving to be a means of keeping the forum free of extra clutter rather than pushing for more activity. The Pokémon General forum especially is insanely active and even I have a very hard time going through the threads posted in within the last 30 days alone, much less the 60 days it is for most other boards here. Our forum activity is increasing rapidly and we're trying to ensure we don't end up intimidating people with an ocean of topics; it's very easy for others to feel deterred from starting new discussions if they have to look through pages upon pages of existing threads to ensure nothing similar is already open. The bump feature wouldn't really help in that regard either, unfortunately. ):

That sounds fun! I'm sure we can look into making that into a future event, though it would be nice to hear our Pokémon boards' staff's opinion.

Treecko007 likes this.
  7. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I would like it if we brought back Pokémon of the Week. I looked back at the old Lake Valor and saw that you guys did that. Why did you stop?

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    You mean the thing on the sidebar? Well, we have always done it on our main site, and that is now gone. Honestly our sidebar is already packed with stuff, so it might be a bit much to add another thing to it, especially Pokémon of the week. We still have the contest going though, in it's own little section. Maybe there is an alternative to this. Good idea though, I do like Pokémon of the week a lot.

9. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    I think it would be useful to have links to the threads that say info about the usergroups (such as this and this) on the Job Applications page.

10. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Can you do something with the "Sign Out" Button? . It is really close to the Messages and Notifications buttons and it is really easy to missclick and have to log again.

EDIT: Maybe moving it to here...

[​IMG]

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Yes, working on this.

12. The Royal Aegis

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Could we have a bit for each members timezone. It would be helpful for planning events

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Another good idea, will look in to adding this I believe I know how.

14. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Hey I have a question- I will recently start over with Lets Play Videos and I was just curious if there is a section to post such videos or not? I know there is a Video Game section but can there be a subforum for such thing?

If not its fine, I'm just s bit curious on that

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Hey @[member="ToastyMuffins"], I've moved your post to a more appropriate thread. Yes, there is. You can view it under Computers & Technology.

Aurelia likes this.
  16. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Okay, today Darkest Ninja have been giving me some suggestions and I cannot avoid this guy, you know him, he is a little persistent >.<.

Ninja's Suggestion " I think that could be good add the posibility to edit the order of our Awards at our profiles and the side bar of our posts/topics/etc (I think that one depends from the other). The standard, as we know, is the order by chronology (when we received the awards). Why not adding more options like the order by category that is showed here http://lakevalor.net/index.php?/jawards/ ? And, if you find it possible, the possiblity to allow us to pick the order like a personal decision?"

EDIT: The point of this is to have an option called "Sort by"

You see? Ninja is always opening his mouth, bad ninja :ninja:

17. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Already suggested by someon else on the last page, thanks though.

18. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I want to apply for Social Crew. How do I know which ones already have somebody for it? (I mean like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc...)

19. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Mmm, you can check now because I've removed options from the list that are already taken.

20. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Is the LV group on dA still going to be a thing? I remember someone saying that it was maybe going to be remade. If this is still a possibility, may I offer my help on the project? I run several groups myself on dA so I know how they work, pretty much in and out. So it wouldn't take away my time here, and if successful, the group would bring in more members to this forum 83

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.