1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Site Questions, Suggestions & Feedback [Archive]

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Ryan, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Another suggestion! Why not adding a "Lake Valor's Clock"?. I will explain it. The Clock will show the current time on Lake Valor, the basic idea would be that. Since many persons have a different timezone, it could be good to know what time is it on Lake Valor.

This idea came to me when I was thinking about when the Events start and when they end. For example, you say that an Event will start today, and it will end tomorrow. How we will know the exact time when this will end?.

When I think about "when an Event will end," I say "So, if this end tomorrow, it will be at the 00:00 I guess (maybe some minutes later or earlier)? So, how much time do I have to participate on the Event? If I don't know what timezone or what time is it on the timezone that Lake Valor is using, How I will be able to know it?"

If you consider this idea. I would like to see this possible clock combined with the suggestion that I gave here. Just imagine, adding another Windows/Screen like the Blog Entries, MOTM, etc (The Clock - Actual time) and being able to locate this in the place that you want on the screen of Lake Valor. Personally, I would locate it at the top of the screen as an standard option, but maybe other persons and even I would like to change the place where it is located in the future, or maybe not .

Iit is based on give more possibilities to the users and being able to set Lake Valor Themes to the way that you see more comfortable.

This suggestion could be on the Lake Valor Theme List & Feedback . But I consider that know the timezone and also solving the problem of the duration of the Events is part of this suggestion too. I could give these suggestions on both places, but he point was to give them togheter to let you understand the general idea of combining both :D.

What do you think? Should I explain it again? xD. Sorry for the English T_T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Treecko007 and brsajo like this.
  2. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    We've tried adding an LV clock type of feature before and it ended up breaking, unfortunately. That and we're not too sure about having it back since something like this could easily be googled so therefore isn't necessarily a must-have. Thank you so much for the suggestion, though! The staff really appreciate it. =)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Treecko007 likes this.
  3. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    What about those maps where members could pinpoint where they live, like state or country? Or would that not work either?

Treecko007 likes this.
  4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    We also tried that before and it ended up being a little too invasive. LV already has a lot of features so we want to make sure we don't clutter the forum with too many things that don't have much of a use.. seems like a fun idea but I don't think it's really needed overall. :(

Treecko007 likes this.
  5. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Ah, well thats too bad, it would have been a neat little feature. We could just wait and put it in the LV group on dA though! 83

6. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    Would having a social crew slot for Steam be a good Idea?

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I believe @[member="8542Madness"] already runs a Lake Valor group on Steam, so I don't think having an additional Social Crew member for Steam would be necessary, but its not a bad idea. If we find that recruiting from Steam to be as effective as our other Social Media areas, then perhaps there may be an additional Social Crew slot for it in the future.

8542Madness likes this.
  8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    When are the new MOTM nominations going to go up? I have some people I want to nominate :) The month is almost over, so I was just wondering.

9. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Very soon! We didn't forget but will have them up soon, thanks for the reminder. =]

10. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I noticed this today, saying @Member in blogs Doesnt work. I tried mentioning TrippleAAABattery, Achromatic, and ChaoticRobotic, and all 3 were just plain text. My suggestion is to add that, as well as other normal notifications to the blogs. Such as when you quote Someone's comment having them recieve a notification. (If it is a thing, i don't get a notification, and i have Every box that can be checked off, checked off in notification settings) . Though, this may just be like this on Azelf's Lake, as that's only one I use.

11. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    I noticed on the bottom of the page (the bottom of the active members list) there isn't a category for Contributor+, while there is for Contributor and VIP members.

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    We're going to look in to improving the blogs. :)

That is because sadly, Contributor+ has a ton of different glows and we couldn't fit them all there.

13. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    Alright, that makes sense, haha.

14. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith Animation Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽391.1
    Please take the "must win at least 1 ladder game" requirement off the LV chat. I've never played Pokémon Showdown in my life and I'm shut out of the chat now because of this new rule. (Also, my username was taken before I could set up my nick in the chat, so I'm basically screwed indefinitely.

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This was a temporary measure to stop some one who has been attacking members on the chat this week. Please understand it was done to protect you, but it is not a permanent measure.

16. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    So I was thinking about it, and realised that seeking out mentors might be more difficult than it seems to us. So I think it would be a pretty good idea to add almost graphics at the top of the page, explaining the purpose behind a few of the roles.

So, for instance, you could have a mentor graphic that, when your cursor hovers over it, shows a window saying something along the lines of "mentors are here to help members old and new etc, etc." Just so maybe new users are a little less scared about seeking help from staff, mentors etc. Or even make a link to a guide about glows, so users know what these nameglows mean.

I'm not sure if this is a bad idea, but it might be a good idea, to help those who wish to understand things better here.

Edit: I know there is already a "find a mentor button" on the side, but I was suggesting something that stands out more, and applies for more than just mentors.

17. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    In general, the people who spend a lot of time in the game room get nothing except for a few Pokepoints. It would be really cool if there was a medal given out to people who had a certain amount of posts in the Games room.

The Royal Aegis and Treecko007 like this.
  18. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    A medal for actively posting in the Games Room sounds great. You Games Room regulars definitely deserve something like that so we'll try to have it up soon after figuring out the details. -^^-

And Red, I'm going to discuss with the rest of the admins on if we need to make mentors and their roles more prominent. Thanks for the suggestion!

brsajo likes this.
  19. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    You ask and you receive! I've added a new medal, the Games Junkie which you can get for having posted in the Games Room at least 200 times. To check if you've done this, visit your stats page on your profile.

20. AdvancedRoronoaZoro

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Are members able to delete their multi-posts, or can the admins/mods only do that. For some reason my computer sometimes glitches up and makes two of the same posts.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.