1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Site Questions, Suggestions & Feedback [Archive]

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Ryan, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Would you believe that we actually did have such an event in mind?
    (We try to include as many of our sections as possible in the various events, so that nobody gets totally left out.)

2. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    Why did MetaKnightmareUltra get banned? It isn't shown on the banned members list.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Would it be possible to have a way to toggle the thread display in order to choose how many posts you see on each page? I realized while coin hunting that it's kind of a hassle to wait for the page to load each time and on some older posts that don't keep track of which posts you haven't read yet, that can be a hassle to keep clicking through pages to find where I've left off. It would be more convenient for fanfics to just be able to read them straight through and look better for portfolios too if you could see more on one page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I would suggest that we get rid of the buffer that is there between making post. Normally, I open like 6-7 topics read through each and comment on all of them at the end. Meaning, I read everything I need to read in each topic and comment on all at the end. So I'm stuck waiting after each post otherwise I get the red little pop-up. I'd like to see that gone. I know it's for spam prevention but no one really spams here. The community is great and I'm sure in the unfortunate anomaly that there is a spammer, a staff member can take care of it. I'd understand if we've been having a spamming problem but it's just people reading and posting quickly. Especially postfest since I'm trying to post quickly (appropriate posts) and it'll make me wait, killing a bit of the fun of posting.

5. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    We didn't get rid of it entirely, but we reduced it down to 5 seconds. Good suggestion, thank you!

As a side note, we do have a bit of a spamming problem. We still get the occasional spambot but we have three levels of spambot security so the system catches them pretty fast.

Vigilance likes this.
  6. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
  7. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    That's not a GIF. That's a Google+ page. You have to put in a link to the image, not just the page the image is on.

8. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
    Ok thank you! Phew!

9. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I'd suggest changing the Postfest event to something more team inclusive. Instead of one person reaching 100 for the team, let's say 5 people from the team have to come together and post 50 times each for a total of 250 posts. This would make it so that one person isn't becoming a repeat winner. I know this sounds like me being a sore loser but it's not, I think this way we could include more people in the team and increase participation. Of course, a change could already be in the books but it doesn't hurt to suggest one :)

Cadbberry and Ryan like this.
  10. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Why not add an option to turn off email notifications for any alerts? It's getting quite annoying having to manually, one by one turning off email notifications.

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    In the User CP under 'Contact Details', there's a box that says "Receive email when a new conversation message is received"; you can turn that on or off.
    Similar, under 'Preferences', there's another box with "and receive email notifications of replies [of threads you watch]", which can also be toggled.

Also under 'Contact Details' is a box that says "Receive site mailings" but I think that only applies to forum-wide e-blasts.

As far as I'm aware, those are the only notification methods that deal with emails at all. I have all of those boxes toggled off and I don't receive emails from LV at all.

12. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Oh. Nevermind then. Now i feel dumb.

13. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
  14. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Here's another suggestion for the Summer Scramble! Give our Team Leaders the power to close, pin, delete topics in our hubs unless the post is by an admin. It would be just like giving the VB judges powers to do it in the VB section. This would let us keep our hubs clean and help us keep track of our stuff a bit better. We could also pin our important topics and close dead ones/extra mistakes that were created.

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This would require a bunch of extra permissions. We just can't do this at this current time, sorry.

Vigilance likes this.
  16. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    In the current postfest format, is it possible for one team to take 1st, 2nd and 3rd? So Team X would have 8 different people post three sets of 25 posts before any other team even did it once? Asking for a friend ;)

17. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'll put this on the to-do list!

Definitely not, sorry.

Vigilance likes this.
  18. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    I'm confused about the Profile Music item. It doesn't work for me.

#758 Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  19. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    I would like clarification on the 'no advertising' rule. I recently started a blog and would like to link to it on my profile, but I don't know if that would qualify as advertising or not. I wouldn't link to it in the forums or anything, I just want to have a link in my profile page for those who might be interested.

20. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    The gif in my signature and my profile information aren't showing up. Is there any reason to why?

Edit: The second I posted this it fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.