1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Portfolio Skittle Tries to Draw

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Skittle, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Garbage art time kiddos

[​IMG]
    Crossover! It's Falkner as Ryusei Yellow from Enstars! For context, just Google "Shinobu Sengoku" and marvel at how much this small idol boi looks like small bird child

[​IMG]
    Eichi was a very good boi and came home on his birthday ;w; I scouted his Hatter's Temptation card so I drew it in my new sketchbook! The photo quality is trash but hey it's what I got for not wanting to trade in my iPhone 5s for something else lmao

I can't draw traditional backgrounds there's no "shitty watercolor bg" option on a pencil

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Beffie likes this.
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I think the background looks nice on the pencil drawing!! Both pics are super cute!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    wow it's felt like a while

[​IMG]
    My sister requested snuggly bois so here's some snuggly bois.

[​IMG]
    A graphic edit! Tomoya is my sister's best boi so I made her a phone wallpaper of him. Space aesthetic still remains my brand even in graphic edits lmao

This is for iPhone 5 models so if you want to use this then go ahead.

[​IMG]
    If you watch my sister's portfolio you might have seen these beans before! If not, these are two of my Enstars OCs! This is a concept sheet so you can also see all my notes that are way better than my handwriting due to stabilization haha.

Warning for this last piece: there is some blood involved, but not that much and it's "cartoon" blood I guess. If you don't like blood then don't click.

[​IMG]
    Ritsu Sakuma is a small vampire boi so I drew him as a small vampire boi. This piece killed me as I had no idea what to do with the background effects for over an hour. But I really like doing darker pieces from time to time so idk. Also I really need to practice hard lighting and shit like that.

If this happens to be too much for the forums, someone approach me and I'll be happy to touch it up and repost an edited version. Don't ban me moderinos yet I'm still young ;w;

#23 Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    welcome back to the magical land of my art sucks

most of this is stuff i found in my files i never uploaded to imgur until now lmao

[​IMG]
    Have I ever said how much I love this ship? This is a "redraw" of something I found on tumblr with your Generic Tumblr Art Style and my notp so I fixed it by making it in my garbage art style and otp.

New eye and hair lighting style! Making all the shiny parts "galaxy" is so pretty~

[​IMG]
    Have I ever said how much I love this ship?

This is actually the first time I tried this lighting with the hair! Stars are just my aesthetic tbh

[​IMG]
    More Enstars OCs! Once again more concept notes for the win. Writing signatures is fun.

ignore the lineart where they're linking elbows i tried to make it look good but it wasn't working so i gave up

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I was bored. If someone wants to be Rei and make that your Discord avatar to complete me and my sister's mlg oddball aesthetic we have going on right now then by all means make my day. Please keep me away from Pixlr I beg of you

im kidding dont be a piece of weeb trash you will never escape idol hell

Beffie likes this.
  5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Sucks? No way, your art is adorable :< The 'galaxy' style in the first image as you call it is real pretty and something I'd definitely be interested in trying too. Glitter and sparkles always add a nice touch to pictures imo, maybe I'm a bit biased hahaha....^_^ Keep at it ok!

Skittle likes this.
  6. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    boop

[​IMG]
    Some cute pure bois dancing in the flowers together. TomoHaji is literally the purest ship I've found

[​IMG]
    Do you ever question the fundamental questions of life

If you can't make matter then what existed before the big bang

If E=MC2 then is anything at absolute zero antimatter

Is this my art

Seriously, this is not my art but it is. I'm confused. I did not rip a background off of Google Images. I drew the background. It's all on one layer. I spent six and a half hours in my chair doing this. The bois are lineless in case you can't tell. What is life. My art is not good so why is it good.

????am I good at art

Beffie likes this.
  7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    They are too cute! Cherry always has an attraction for kawaii thing and your art is one of them!

Skittle likes this.
  8. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    i am back with more garbage

don't expect anything with effort here as im very lazy and didn't want to draw anything cool lmao

[​IMG]
    "Skittle stop making Enstars OCs! We get it you're very devoted to hell but please"

no

[​IMG]
    My purest Enstars OC returns in his unit outfit. He's cute. I'm love him very much.

[​IMG]
    We were all making valentines in the Discord server so I made one as well! Give this to a loved one also suffering in idol hell.

[​IMG]
    You are challenged by Elite Four Wataru!

Okay, me and my sister have been tossing headcanons back and forth about a Pokémon x Enstars AU and I had to draw a design. My boi is in the E4, he likes Psychic Types since they're the closest he's coming to "magic tricks" and he's a magician. My sister has good designs too this is a callout post

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Leaves these here and never comes back

Beffie likes this.
  9. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Ahh cute! I love the valentines day card! <33

Skittle likes this.
  10. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    busts through the doors

art

[​IMG]
    Before you ask, yes. These are IRL comic sans valentines. I did not give these to anyone, I just needed something to do the weekend before Valentine's day.

[​IMG]
    The actual digital versions. I reprinted them with some edits so these many look a little different from the final real picture things.

[​IMG]
    Mika from Enstars and the cat Pepper from Neko Atsume! They both have the same odd eyes so I would imagine they would get along.

[​IMG]
    I went to the Iowa capitol with Iowa Safe Schools last week and they were handing out pride flags. I saw two girlfriends with a rainbow flag around both of them so I needed to draw my OTP doing the same. They're very cute I love this ship so much

[​IMG]
    More Midori! Trying to get into chibis again. My art started with chibis so it's very weird I can't draw them anymore lmao.

Beffie likes this.
  11. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Those valentines cards tho :wooper: I wouldn't even be mad if I got one lol. As usual, your art is super cute!

12. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    quick lil update this time

[​IMG]
    Juan from Pokémon! I'm still out of the Pokémon fandom for now but I just love this boy so much I needed to draw him again.

dont even try to yell at me for racebending him it relates to my headcanons

[​IMG]
    A tablet wallpaper I made for my sister. Mostly made to test out paint.net a little more.

[​IMG]
    Wataru! He didn't come home on his birthday but I can't stay mad at him for long. Somehow I forgot to draw space but idk.

also shameless reminder my shop still exists she's very lonely

Beffie likes this.
  13. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    I've returned with even more garbage

[​IMG]
    I made a header that will be used once the header issue is fixed. I think this describes me very well: idol bois and space aesthetic. Also my garbage sig.

[​IMG]
    Quick weekend doodle. I don't really know.

[​IMG]
    Keito Hasumi looking disappointed in me as always. He must realize how garbage my art is. Featuring a questionable amount of stars in his hair.

again here's a shameless reminder my shop exists im actually disheartened by the lack of shopping going on

#33 Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Beffie likes this.
  14. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Ahhh so cute!! I love the shading in the first drawing!! The header looks cool too!

15. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    whats up ryuseitai's album just dropped im sobbing in the club

that means everything here is ryuseitai w h o o p s

[​IMG]
    The good boi squad! Trying to stylize Kanata and Midori as chibis eventually lead to all of Ryuseitai being chibi-fied. I'm still working out the chibi style so expect lots of weird looking cheebs ;w;

[​IMG]
    真昼の残像

mahiru no zanzou made me emo so i drew some emo bois

midori has a solo song

midori has a solo song about being depressed

midori made me really emo

[​IMG]
    Lineless for once since I want people to like my art ;w; I told you to expect lots of weird cheebs so here's one

[​IMG]
    Doodled this in about less than an hour at play practice. It's been a while since I've drawn a bigger traditional piece.

mama mia thatsa spicy thumb

[​IMG]
    Close up of the bois since i just love this ship so much??????????

ryuseitai is my favorite emo band they give me so many feels

Beffie likes this.
  16. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    hello surprise update because all i did saturday was d r a w

[​IMG]
    A good boi poking out of his hiding spot to say hello. Nothing much to this...

[​IMG]
    its bird shinobu My ultimate Pokeson Falkner returns in some sweet aviator garb! I really like the anatomy on this for some reason, but I don't know what about it is piquing my satisfaction. Maybe drawing something that's not an idol boi?

Also regarding a comment I made in Discord:

(Noun) Pokeson: your favorite male character from Pokémon who you will protect and cherish with all your heart

see also: favorite character

[​IMG]
    I started this wip twenty days ago, and after on and off working on it, I finally decided to finish this. Admittedly I'm not one hundred percent happy with this, but people don't seem to care about my feelings regarding my art so I guess it doesn't matter.

remind me to never draw lineless again this took way too long and its garbage

Beffie and Lexatom like this.
  17. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    more garbage art coming your way

[​IMG]
    Yet another lineless attempt. I think I've finally found a good formula so look out for more lineless stuff soon since lineless is actually pretty fun.

[​IMG]
    Ganbatte from Chiaki! Lineless still.

[​IMG]
    A quick weekend sketch since my sister wanted some good bois.

[​IMG]
    The jellyfish prince! How do you draw water because I don't know

(also before you ask: my art style does make the limbs look weird. My style evolved to work with fast strokes and this is what fast-stroked lines look like. This is why my art looks so ugly and gross.)

Beffie likes this.
  18. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I absolutely adore your lineless art!! ;v;

19. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    it's art time again kids

[​IMG]
    More lineless practice featuring best birb! I like making lineless stuff so much ;A;

[​IMG]
    Bonus: I found the paper texture brush and tried it out. Not sure if I like it or not, but it's definitely aesthetic.

[​IMG]
    A picture of my old art compared to what it looks like now! I cringe because the old stuff is gross but smile because the new stuff is better. And fluffier and cartoonier.

The left is from (presumably) summer 2017, the right is from a few days ago (Spring 2018).

[​IMG]
    More shippy garbage but in a cartoonier than before style! Look out for this style a lot since I love practicing it.

[​IMG]
    happy elements wants my money again

Enstars just released Ryuseitai (budget power ranger unit) revival gachas and I managed to scout Midori's Colorful Autumn card! I love this card so much and I'm so happy I got him that I needed to doodle it ;A; It's 1010 KB for some reason which is weird because my bigger files like this (about ten layers, around 1400 x 1400) usually reach 1 MB. Hmm.

e: 1010 kb is actually around a mb computer go home youre drunk

(I also scouted three of his limited 4* and got a Tsukasa 5* from Little Kings instead of Little Kings Midori but I don't think anyone cares about that lmao)

#39 Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Beffie likes this.
  20. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    it's almost 2am after i got home from a perkins at midnight and i'm tired af but y'all need some garbage art before i go to sleep

i never updated last week so he's 6(!) new pieces of trash

(btw perkins peanut butter chocolate mammoth muffins are lit despite probably cutting 4 years from your lifespan)

[​IMG]
    tomohaji tomohaji tomohaji

These are my headcanons for what they'll look like as third years. Nothing much here...

[​IMG]
    enstars is doing a sanrio collab later and ryuseitai got paired with hello kitty

hello kitty boyfriends

(unrelated: while going to said perkins i was talking about the april fools day event enstars pulled where ryuseitai (budget power rangers) assembled voltron and killed bootleg darth vader in front of the death star and i brought up "the blue one and the green one are gay for each other" and my friend goes "nO THE BLUE ONE AND THE RED ONE ARE GAY" and then someone else reminded her that we were talking about power rangers and not voltron

which is funny because kanachia (blue and red one together) is a notp lol

come to think of it was there even a blue or green power ranger)

[​IMG]
    "skITTLE GODDAMNIT STOP MAKING ENSTARS OCS IS THAT ALL YOU DO"

no and yes

[​IMG]
    Shoving my character work aside for background practice! This took four hours and idk if I like it or not

[​IMG]
    kanamido kanamido kanamido

that's it

it's kanamido

[​IMG]
    he pincc

Mostly testing out the cartoony-ier style and minimalist backgrounds. I'm love my pink gremlin child just gonna put that out there

Beffie likes this.