1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Portfolio Skittle Tries to Draw

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Skittle, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    hi ive been super unmotivated and busy

art time

[​IMG]
    the rare return of my Pokémon oc! i realized that i forgot to add the white bordering and hair highlights which are part of the "inkblot" style but i think it represents how much attention goes to her instead of let's say midori fucking takamine

her name's skylar btw and she will kick your ass

[​IMG]
    good boi alert

i was bored in study hall so i decided to finish a sketch i had started a few weeks back in preparation for undead's cd album dropping on my precious takamine midori's birthday

i don't bring my tablet to school so this was done on my little iphone 5s hence why it looks eh because my phone is about 1/3 the size my tablet

anyway kaoru? Good Boi Who Must Be Protected

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i like the bottom one a lot!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    BUCKLE UP KIDDOS IT'S ART TIME

(btw i've "officially" changed my art medium to my phone that runs way faster than my kindle so i hope my lineart looks better!!)

[​IMG]
    this was for midori's birthday!! midori means a lot to me so I wanted to draw something for his special day!!

[​IMG]
    more midori!! I feel like im making up for the lack of midori in the previous two posts

[​IMG]
    color testing!! it's an a e s t h e t i c honestly

[​IMG]
    another color test!! still an a e s t h e t i c

[​IMG]
    bubblegum bitch blasts in the background

hi i love my 80's son

the next series of images were a challenge i issued myself to see if i could color some sketches while never moving the brightness slider so they're very bright to say the least if you don't like super bright colors don't click

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    drew the 3a trio in dorky fashion! i wasn't kidding when i said these were bright

4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    owo hi again

[​IMG]
    kaoru but he's a cat

[​IMG]
    i wanted to challenge myself to use something other than the pen tool for once!! i like the feel but it lags my poor iphone 5s so rip

[​IMG]
    HIM

I LOVE A SINGULAR HIM

[​IMG]
    dont ask me why i drew one of my ocs in a way oversized bob ross shirt one of my classmates keeps wearing

You Will Appreciate Art.

[​IMG]
    simple chibi puka + greyscale practice!!

[​IMG]
    THERE'S AN IMAGE WITH EFFORT IN IT WOW

wataru's "eccentric party night" in the new enstars album teasers slayed me and my wig

[​IMG]
    I LOVE TAKAMINE MIDORI OKAY

[​IMG]
    no

sorry i left yalls dead but for the past three weeks i literally had a marching band competition each week?? of course i've also been doing some stuff for goretober but i would probably get banned if i posted them here lmao

5. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    art?? art!!

(not as much as usual because ive been a Good Noodle and actually finished art pieces lmao)

[​IMG]
    TIME TO GET S P O O K Y

this was supposed to be gore but i wanted to work with particle effects and shit some more so have spooky jiangshi lad spooking it up because it's spookytime

(unrelated: it was senior night a week ago and all the seniors dressed up i was harry potter lmao i abandoned my hufflepuffs)

BONUS: since i really wanna share my art "tips" and process but cant due to my shitty 12GB iphone i refuse to trade in, have a wip shot of the piece!!

[​IMG]
    this is the same piece above but only flat colored + based with the fire. goes to show that 1) my art looks simple but it's not and 2) art is a fucking nightmare who invented drawing i spent like a whole hour on that damn fire

also in case you cant tell i may or may not have renamed all the brushes i use and i have an obsession with keeping my phone charged at any given time

[​IMG]
    ECCENTRIC PARTY NIGHT SNATCHED MY WIG AND IM NEVER GETTING IT BACK

THE FIVE ODDBALLS INVENTED MUSIC AND THATS ALL I LISTENED TO FOR THE 3-4 HOURS IT TOOK TO DRAW THIS

anyway i love wataru hibiki stan fine

6. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Oh wow, I love how glowy and dynamic that first piece is!

7. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The first one. Wowie. Big heart eyes

8. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    its been a while but here i am again delivering art!!

this post may end up quite long be careful

(dont get attached to the older pieces because my style has, although minimally, been changing!!)

[​IMG]
    2wink!!

[​IMG]
    starfes kaoru!! i was 28 away from my desired ranking tier i still cry at night thinking about it

[​IMG]
    sora!!! he's a cute boy ;;

[​IMG]
    a little tiny rei ;;

[​IMG]
    this was for the ensemble stars secret valentine me and my sister hosted this year!! this file is over 4 megabytes and crashed my phone whenever i tried to export the file ;;

[​IMG]
    i cant draw Pokémon but i made an exception for these cuties!!

[​IMG]
    tori!!

[​IMG]
    husbands!!

[​IMG]
    more 2wink!! it was their birthday a few days ago!!

Gwoomy likes this.
  9. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    art?

[​IMG]
    shinobu!! nin nin

[​IMG]
    i stole a palette from a vhs tape cover

[​IMG]
    kanata!! this is a phone wallpaper i made ;;

[​IMG]
    another kanata!!

[​IMG]
    junnosuke from readyyy! project!! hes a cute boy ;;

[​IMG]
    theyre in love

[​IMG]
    i refuse to comment on this one

Gwoomy likes this.
  10. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    art !

[​IMG]

my worst boy ended up being in the enstars gacha so i drew best boy in the gacha theme instead out of P U R E R A G E

[​IMG]

i don't usually put big ugly watermarks over my art ;; im planning to turn this into an acrylic charm at some point!! this one has a backside too but i was too lazy to edit an image with both sides

[​IMG]

another charm concept!! im gonna do all 5 oddballs and i only have rei done atm rip ;;

Gwoomy likes this.
  11. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    You have such a distinct style! I love it!

Skittle likes this.
  12. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    owo?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i finished the first 3 oddballs charms!! 2 more to go...…..

(watermarked to prevent theft!! if the admins allow it i'll announce when i actually print these and are up for purchase!! theyre not printed yet im not even done please don't ban me)

[​IMG]
    YOKAI AU RIGHTS

i based midori off of the inugami/his zodiac card/the new enstars cards!

Gwoomy likes this.
  13. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    They look so cool! I can't believe no one complimented you!

Skittle likes this.
  14. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    :00 need to follow thread!! your art style is lookin sharp

Skittle likes this.
  15. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    we back in town boys

[​IMG]
    yuuta! hes a very good boy

[​IMG]
    the pink kid in my icon!! i love tori

[​IMG]
    this is really gay

[​IMG]
    HAPPY PRIDE MONTH EVERYONE

from left to right we have the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, nonbinary, asexual, genderqueer, agender, aromantic, and pansexual flags!! i hope all my fellow lgbtq+ friends have lots of fun this month!!

Gwoomy likes this.
  16. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    art time

[​IMG]
    rainy season yuuta!!

[​IMG]
    i have an alternative version as well because i couldn't decide which one i liked best

[​IMG]
    this is literally a shitpost

based off my stupidly hilarious pmd eos randomized adventure!! in case you haven't seen the thread itself, i randomized the text and the "psyche gem" shows up so often that im convinced this is a journey for the psyche gem

Tailsimp and Gwoomy like this.
  17. Tailsimp

Tailsimp Bug Catcher

Jabbers
    (Totodile)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Your art is quite nice! I love the alternate version of your newest piece a lot. It feels so warm and soft with those colors~

18. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    whheee

[​IMG]
    some more charm concepts!!

[​IMG]
    a preview for a zine piece i did!! im not allowed to share the full piece yet but im still really proud of this

Gwoomy likes this.
  19. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    woah an update featuring ONE WHOLE YEAR of art improvement!! i finally got myself a real drawing tablet so sure hope my art looks really smooth now

[​IMG]

my Pokémon oc returns!! this time she finally has a solid design and ive been working the past few months to really work on her character

[​IMG]

and again

her name is skylar and shes a purehearted smart aleck who loves dragon Pokémon and she will burn the whole hoenn region down to make her dad proud of her

[​IMG]

if you remember the days i would nonstop fangirl over steven stone you deserve a veterans discount

[​IMG]

wallace but i didnt even want to try and understand his oras outfit so i made something up as i went along

[​IMG]

if you remember the days i would hand paint these space backgrounds you deserve a veterans discount

(yes the background is actually painted by me)

[​IMG]

glasses make your faves look cute

[​IMG]

its dawn, pokeani's best girl!! i watched best wishes for her and we all know how "good" best wishes is

[​IMG]

shitpost

Riddles likes this.
  20. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    update time but i only draw steven stone

im not kidding

[​IMG]

im seriously not joking this is all im posting

[​IMG]

do not doubt how much i love this boy

[​IMG]

because ive drawn only him the past few weeks or so

[​IMG]

if you dont play Pokémon masters he got a summer alt outfit and i cried until 4am drawing this

[​IMG]

and im still crying

[​IMG]

okay i know i said this was all steven but i lied, heres my Pokémon oc attempted in the sugimori style!! this is actually my 3rd attempt and i dont think i did too bad for a style thats so different from mine

this wasnt traced at all btw, i just kinda stared at some of sugimoris art and tried

psa but i have a new instagram!! if you like what you see please consider following (the account is skiittylalis) and supporting my posts!! it would really mean a lot ;w;