1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Skyrim: Special Edition

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Iridescent Isabelle, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    [​IMG]

Hello Valorians! Big news for the Skyrim fans of LV. A new update is coming out, called Skyrim: Special Edition. It'll come out on October 28th.

According to Rock Paper Shotgun, the update is free for whoever already owns the game. The update includes upgraded graphics and mods on consoles.

Read more and watch the video here!

That's it for now. If I know more, I'll let you know. Stay tuned!

Love,

[member="Iridescent Isabelle"]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Dashing Dom and AK2198 like this.
  2. Manaphymajic1999

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.9
    *is dead from heart attack*
    I can't actually believe this is a thing! It's been soo long... Mod support for consoles huh? Oh, I can't wait!

Iridescent Isabelle likes this.
  3. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    This should be pretty sweet. I really loved Skyrim, but never actually finished the main game or many of the other question sections; like with many open world games, I did one or two large sections, then was too powerful to actually enjoy much of it anymore!

It would be great if they tweaked parts of the world to reawaken that feel of wonder and exploration, but either way it's likely I'll be pumping a few mods in and giving Skyrim a second looking.

4. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    DOVAHKIIN, DOVAHKIIN
    NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN
    WAH DEIN VOKUL MAHFAERAAK AHST VAAL
    AHRK FIN NOROK PAAL GRAAN
    FOD NUST HON ZINDRO ZAAN
    DOVAHKIIN, FAH HIN KOGAAN MU DRAAL

I may be a little bit excited okay

I played Skyrim a LOT when it first came out- I have at least 10 fully fleshed-out characters of different races, I've completed every single main quest, sidequest, and DLC quests at least once each, I've performed every glitch and exploit that I could, and I've easily spent well over 2,000 hours playing the game overall. I've basically memorized the entire game to the point of ridiculousness. And this is all on the PS3, I don't have a gaming PC (or a PC that Skyrim can even run on), so that's the best I could do with the stock vanilla game.

Now that it's being remastered for the PS4, I am honestly very hyped. I've been wanting to try out a ton of mods for the longest time, and now that I'll finally be able to come October, I am so happy about it. I'll definitely be spending the month up until Sun and Moon come out playing Skyrim on my PS4 and messing around with mods, haha.

From what was shown in the trailer, the updated graphics and shaders look absolutely incredible, the lighting is amazing and the textures look fantastic! I doubt they will add anything else besides tweaking the graphics and stuff, but I hope they don't fix some of the less game-breaking glitches (such as the ability to craft gear with 1,000,000x more powerful enchantments by using an alchemy glitch), but even if they do, I'd be fine with it. Regardless of what they do, I'm really looking forward to exploring Skyrim all over again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Iridescent Isabelle likes this.
  5. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Huh. Man I wish I could use it, but my computer can't quite handle better graphics. Also it's a computer so it already has mods. Though I'm glad they're still adjusting it all

6. Rayquaza

Rayquaza School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Hoo boy, seeing this has me suuuper pumped! I already own the regular and Legendary editions (dunno why I got the Legendary edition seeing as I had already gotten all three DLC... probably because it looked cooler ._.) so this just has me even more excited heheh. I didn't think I'd want to play much more after I get this Master 100% run finished, but this just makes me want to play more and more (still gotta finish the run though ;_ ; ). Mods on Xbox 360/Xbox One?! Count me in! ♥ Maybe this time I won't play as a Khajiit again, hahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.