1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Sign Up to begin your journey. Catch, train, and evolve wild Pokemon while you explore Lake Valor.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
A Pokémon appeared!

What will you do?

CATCH

Suggestion Slightly Small. Slightly Annoying.

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Achromatic, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic Magikarp King
    Patron

PokéPoints:
    ₽29
    Battle Points:
    ★64
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I tried to type the words P O K E M O N in all caps but it gets autocorrected to Pokémon, as there's a censor/filter for this. I don't believe this is intentional, but at the very least there should be one for the times people wanna write in all caps. Yeah this is super small and silly but hey, a suggestion is a suggestion!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  2. jeevan261001

jeevan261001 Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽111
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Just asking but why are there censors for such little things?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Laserdragon14

PokéPoints:
    ₽10
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Cause they felt like it and they have the power to do so.

4. Vigilance

Vigilance Electrify
    Admin

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,549
    Battle Points:
    ★44
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of VerityLuxury Ball ★★★Leftovers ★★★★
    The "auto-correct" is there so that the work "Poke-mon" can be typed with the correct "e." That said, Ben has a valid point, I'll edit that :)

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Lepidopteragon
    DiscordMod

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,763
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    A silly question, I'm sure, but is it because it's currently set up for that filter to not be case-sensitive? I believe that's the case behind this particular debacle.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic Magikarp King
    Patron

PokéPoints:
    ₽29
    Battle Points:
    ★64
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    For what it's worth, it wasn't because we felt like it, we added it because the word "Pokémon" got corrupted when we switched over to a new software.

Yeah, this is correct.

Vigilance likes this.
  7. Shadria

Shadria Sweet Illusionary Imp
    Moderator VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽168
    Battle Points:
    ★12
    Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★Soothe Bell ★
    Is it just me or is Pokémon being auto-censored to all caps now? I've been seeing "Pokémon" everywhere and it kinda disrupts my flow of reading :x

8. StOwl

StOwl Social Team
    Social Team

PokéPoints:
    ₽311
    Battle Points:
    ★3
    It's not just you. I've quoted posts to check and P o k e m o n is definitely autocorrected to be in all caps.

9. Vigilance

Vigilance Electrify
    Admin

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,549
    Battle Points:
    ★44
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of VerityLuxury Ball ★★★Leftovers ★★★★
    Was trying to fix it and made a change that I forgot to revert.

Long story short, the add-on only lets us to one or the other right now instead of setting a different rule for "Pokémon" in all caps.

10. Team Mystic

Team Mystic Hiker

PokéPoints:
    ₽11
    Battle Points:
    ★2
    Pokémon gets changed from all caps automatically to the correct form? That is helpful for me, since I don't have that E on my PC and have to waste time to go find a website or something or find someone who used that e so I can copy and paste it. Why fix it? It helps. I say, either keep it or just put it as an option for that. Sure, it's small, but it is helpful.

Hey Ben.