1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Smash Bros Ultimate Discussion [SPOILERS, duh]

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by OzoneFruit, Jun 12, 2018.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Okay, welp, Smash Bros Ultimate gameplay was released for E3, and I AM HYPED AS HECK RIGHT NOW. Board the hype train with me and talk about what got you most excited.

For me it was the ending scene. THE ENDING SCENE. I'VE WAITED SO LONG.

Toobigyousay.gif

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Rest in peace, Mario and Megaman. You're not-so-noble sacrifices have made the seemingly impossible feat of making Ridley playable in Smash become a reality. o7

Seriously though, I am so happy everyone from past Smash games are coming back. I can finally play as Wolf again~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FireSpartan5 and OzoneFruit like this.
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    He WAS too big for Smash. He's like a mini-Ridley now... :P

Am not looking forward to more Lucina, Bayonetta, or Cloud, but otherwise am glad to see the improvements.

BATTLEFIELD-STYLE STAGE-ALTS! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO WATCH EVERY. SINGLE. SMASH. PLAYED. ON. SMASHVILLE!!! *weeps tears of joy*

FireSpartan5 and OzoneFruit like this.
  4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    *sigh*
    Megaman, my brother in arms, I thought that you were much tougher than that, but still, now I have a bigger fish to fry... I wonder what cooked Ridley tastes like....hmm...

OzoneFruit likes this.
  5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Inb4 Pichu becomes a top tier character.

6. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Stage variants are without a doubt an awesome addition. Also enjoying that rollspam punish. XD

7. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    Everything looked fine and good, I like the new style updates and animation, seems almost like a comic book.

A couple things I don't really like are the 1v1 damage boost, final smashes, and the new perfect shielding style.

I just didn't see a damage boost for faster-paced matches as necessary for 1v1s. I'm hoping that they allow us to turn it off in settings. It seems like a trivial decision at best meant to please professionals and the melee fans.

A lot of the final smashes look disappointing too. I like when a final smash isn't just a "combo" that basically ensures you KO whoever you catch in it. That final smash style is just simple and not all that interesting, even if it means you can include some more cinematic references and such. It was a shame to see characters get new ones where it wasn't necessary, like fox and falco's.

Finally, my most important issue is the new perfect shield mechanic. It's just flat out stupid. Getting a perfect shield for releasing the button? What? What kind of sense does that make? A perfect shield is a reward. It's the game's way of saying, "Hey, you timed that block perfectly! You can have no shield lag for your skill". With this new style, it completely discourages the use of multi-hit attacks if you can just shield, get an easy no-lag bonus, and counterattack while your opponent can't do anything. It's silly and makes very little sense to me.

8. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I'm super hyped for it, it's nice that all of the previous fighters return, though I wish Squirtle and Ivysaur were separate rather than stuck with Red, I don't really like having to switch out, HOWEVER, Leaf as a skin for Pokémon trainer? Now that I can get behind! And at least the Stamina system is gone, that's nice.

Also, why oh why must Pichu still damage itself? :( it makes the poor thing unusable, I really hope it's been balanced better this time around, but I will probably still not use it because of this.

Glad Marth finally decided to take some English lessons, now if only Cloud would follow suit, I wonder if they'll let you change his voice in the options, as I'm sure there are people who want to hear the Japanese one.

The end trailer was awesome, I'm happy everyone who kept asking for Ridley all these years will finally get to play as him, or beat him up, whichever they prefer more.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  9. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    ...I know that my brothers are ridiculously hyped for this game, and I'm excited to see the new smash moves, but I was really hoping for some more new characters. I'm not a fan of the characters that have blasters, or the ones that use swords, or the ones that have magic...my options are very limited.
    I'm looking forward to Ridley though. He seems cool.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    They haven't revealed every single character that is gonna be in the game. They just showed the two that would generate the most hype; more will be revealed as we get closer to Dec. 7th.

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I never thought they would be able to do this. I'm still a bit in shock that they managed to include EVERY CHARACTER from the previous games.

Also, I know why Ridley's in this even though he's too big. The game is too big.

12. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    FINALLY Leaf gets to reappear TuT She's been neglected for far too long...

Gwoomy and Borie Broer like this.
  13. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Personally, I'm pleased with what we have. It's possible that we could have DLC characters as the games release for those that aren't happy still, but I'm not even sweating that anyway with the roster being as huge and diverse as it is. Needless to say, I'm super hyped for this! n.n

14. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more Metroid DLC Characters when Prime 4 comes out... TuT

15. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    I AM a bit disappointed that the Final Smashes don't seem controllable anymore. Being able to divebomb opponents with a Volt Tackle was great, though it seems it's a pre-determined path now...

Also DK Drums. I will miss the drums T_T

I'm still trying to figure out how they got permission to use Snake again. That must've taken some paperwork X_X

#15 Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
  16. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm so happy that Link's outfit got updated! Kinda sad that TP Link isn't here tho

17. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm glad that all the characters from the games are coming back. I can't wait to play as Snake and Ice Climbers again!

18. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Playing as Snake again will be really cool tho! And same, how did they get him?

19. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    I wonder if wobbling will still be a thing... The nightmares will return X_X

20. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My main in smash 4 is toon link. Since he is an unlockable (most likely) I will try to also main the inklings.