1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Smash Bros Ultimate: What do you want to be alts?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vaquero, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Those of us who play smash all have those alts we use. The singular color we have chosen to give the character we’ve chosen that extra bit of flare. And these colors are also kinda a pride thing too. Sure, we don’t own the alts we choose, but anyone of y’all should know that if I see you using green Ridley or default dedede, then I’m gonna kick your ass without any remorse

But, not every character has good alts (some seem straight up lazy and bland).

Mario (so much potential to be good):
    • Fire Mario- One of the only alts he had that directly referenced an iconic power up he uses. It’s his neutral be for heaven’s sake!
    • Mario strikers design- this is a fighting game where Mario looks like he’s trying to blow off some steam after saving peach for the 2,697,251st time. And strikers had that nailed down to a T. So why not add a design from a game all about aggression, violence, and over the top pop offs/temper tantrums
    • Mario tennis aces- modern Mario rep and it’s completely different from other alts like his tux and builder out fit
    • Mario 64: a classic and unique design
    • Cowboy Mario: references some old school mario party and in unique
    • Captain lou albano alt
    Dedede (a lot of his alts are fine):
    • While it’s already his final smash, masked dedede. Again, this a fighting game and this makes the great king look ready to bust some heads.
    • Beanie- it’s funny and from Kirby battle royal
    • Actual crown- funny and from Kirby battle royal
    K. Rool (more wasted potential):
    • Captain costume: unique and looks awesome
    • Boxer out fit: DK 64 and looks cool
    • Professor K. Roolenstein: hilarious and redefined old donkey Kong
    • Mario sluggers: hilarious
    Charizard (so much disappointment):
    • Shiny Zard (modern)- it’s such a badass looking shiny and is a nice contrast to all the bright colors that are his alts
    • Armored Zard- a cool and unique costume that would’ve been cool to see
    • Clone Zard: Referneces anime and overall has a cool vibe to it
    • Fix the green alt
    Bowser:
    • Strikers bowser: it’s looks so imposing and cool for him. And strikes fits smash’s whole shtick
    • Dry bowser: a very cool idea that should’ve been implemented from the get go
    • Dark bowser: same as previous
    • Brawl black and white bowser: the white of the shell, snout, and front played really popped and contrasted nicely agaisnt the dark black scales and the bit of gold doubled throughout was a nice touch. The newest tneretion of this ain’t nearly as eye pleasing and the colors don’t pop. It’s just gray and light gray with gold and white rings. Not nearly as good as brawl’s black and white.
    • Odyssey bowser: it’d be hilarious to see big bad brute bowser in a suit
    Ganon:
    • TP alt. I love the tp design and sword over the Oot one. Unpopular opinion I know but this would be cool
    • Insert any Ganon design here

So how would you alter a costume/ what costume would you add

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Give me back tp characters, each of them.
    Link needs to go back to the TP look, and bring back the Fierce Deity costume.
    Zelda need TP looks, with Puppet Zelda and other Zelda designs as a costume.
    As stated above, bring back Ganon TP.

We need dry bowser and Shiny Zard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vaquero likes this.
  3. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Dark Bowser is the only one I really want desperately. TP Ganon would be great but the sword he uses in that game doesn't really fit as a replacement for his current one.

Also Link still has his Fierce Deity costume Majora wtf.

4. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    He does? I don't see it, for some reason. I guess I looked over it or something

5. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Ike’s sword is similar to ganon’s tp blade so I could see him with ike’s Smash attacks

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    • Fire Mario. I honestly don't understand how they could have thought it was a good idea to drop Mario's second most iconic (and best) outfit from the game.
    • Dry Bowser would be fun, but would probably be better as an Echo Fighter, rather than just an alternate costume.
    • Twilight Princess Ganondorf. In fact, I think his alts should be split between his Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess designs similar to how Link's alts are split,
    • Breath of the Wild Zelda. Same as with Ganondorf, I feel like her alts should be split between A Link Between Worlds and Breath of the Wild designs.
    • Link's costumes based off of his classic tunic design in Breath of the Wild should be changed back to the Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess hybrid from Super Smash Bros for WiiU. It just looks a lot better.
    • Samus's costumes based off of Fusion Suit, Dark Suit and Light Suit should be changed to actually look like those suits instead of just being recolors.
    • Roy should have an alt that turns his armor white and his hair more of a reddish brown color, making him look like Leif from Thracia 776.
    • Sonic's alts should change his quill color more dramatically, possibly with colors based off of Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Shadow.
    • Yoshi needs his black alt back, and possibly a white one too.
    I could probably come up with more, but I'm going to leave it at that for now.

Vaquero likes this.
  7. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    BOOOO! I get wanting the other two, but Zelda’s design change was the single best buff that occurred between Smash 4 and Ultimate. I am keeping precious must-be-protected Zelda over apathetic sociopath looking Zelda, thank you very much.

As for others, I am shocked that the Pokémon don’t all have their shiny forms as their primary alts. It seems to be a blatantly obvious necessity. Also, Ash Greninja. Some people may not like it, but I find it cool, and more importantly, it’s another in canon design that won’t affect Greninja’s hurtboxes.

If we are giving Mario fire, why stop there? He could easily be given his Ice flower suit. I’d say Tanooki, but that would affect the character model size, so what about some of the Odyssey skins? They got builder and wedding, why not more?

Maybe base Pirrhanna Plant’s alts on the various subspecies of plant? I know you know them Sakurai. Thanks Viridi.

8. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I like TP Zelda but new Zelda is so adorable and precious. I say new Zelda looks better but like OoT Ganon is just bleh to me. I prefer the TO Ganon voice and ascetic. He looks serious and cocky to me but in the smart and methodical way. New Ganon just looks like some mindless meat head.

Rezna and FireSpartan5 like this.
  9. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Although I would prefer them as echo fighters, an octoling alt for inkling would be cool, similar to Olimar/Alph and the koopalings.