1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Smash Moveset Speculations

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Captain Comet, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Okay, so here's the deal with this thread. I like putting together Smash Bros movesets for characters I like, no matter their actual chance of being in the game. I don't think I'm the only one here who does this, so I made this thread for everyone who does to put down their ideas. I'll go first.

The character I'm doing this far currently is Alto from Stella Glow. Although he is really just another swordsman, I have an interesting idea that I think could work. A huge part of the game is Alto having the power of the Conductor, which lets him be the one to bring the five Witches together and tune their hearts to unlock their full power (if you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, go play the game). So my crazy theory for this is, maybe instead of just using a sword like in his game, he also uses the witch's different weapons and abilities? Or better yet, he could even summon them to help with attacks.

Neutral Special: Mordimort's Bullets
    Four small guns appear around Alto and Mordimort, and fire four quick shots at once, with little knockback. Can be charged.

Side Special: Sakuya's Fire
    Flies forward and performs a wide, flaming slash. Sakuya appears and does the actual slash.

Up Special: Popo's Wind
    Summons a small whirlwind to jet quickly upward. The whirlwind knocks opponents up as well. Popo appears and flies up with Alto during execution.

Down Special: Counter
    Yes, I'm aware of how many counters are in the game now (all of which except Palutena and Little Mac are also sword-users), but it makes sense in Alto's case. One of his abilities in his game is Counter, which lets him attack and opponent if they attack him within his range.

Side Smash
    A double slash attack. Alto hits first with his sword, then Hilda comes in and hits with her scythe.

Up Smash
    Alto stabs upward first, then Lisette launches a spout of water. Similar to Palutena's up smash in this regard, but less range.

Down Smash
    Two spikes of rock appear on either side of him. Mordimort appears again to help with this.

Final Smash: Celestial Hymn
    All five witches are summoned at once and begin singing, generating a column of light around them. This column traps opponents that are in it, dealing a bunch of damage over a short period and grouping them into the middle, where Alto jumps up and finishes them of with a powerful slash.

These are the only moves I have figured out so far as I don't exactly know what to do for his tilts and aerials.

So anyway, there's my first example. Don't be shy now!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Heavy Weapons guy a big and slow but powerful character

Neutral Special: Minigun. Fires multiple rounds in a straight beam, get less and less range as you use it similar to fire breath. Can be aimed.

Side Special: Shotgun. Put out a blast from a shotgun which is Heavy's secondary weapon. It fires a burst of pellets that is great at close range but is much weaker and spreads more when it's shot at longer range.

Up Special: Grappling book. Can be used to grab onto enemies and stages.

Down Special: Sandvich Throw. You throw a moist and delicious Sandvich that lands on a clean plate which you can use to heal yourself a bit, but has a cooldown and can heal enemies if they snatch your snack before you do.

Side Smash: Crit KGB Punch. A powerful but slow move that is crit boosted. Has power similar side smashs of Charizard.

Up Smash: KGB Uppercut.

Down Smash: Similar to DK's smash

Neutral Taunt: Eat's a Sandvich with loud Omm nom nom with lines like "Moist and Delicious" and "So filling"

Side Taunt: Proletariat Posedown. Heavy flexes.

Down Taunt: Standoff. Heavy will finger bang people for an instant kill. It will be just as difficult as trying to kill with Luigi's

Side throw right: A standard Throw

Side throw left: Will German Suplex opponent

Down Throw: Will do a Bane-style back break

Up Throw: Will uppercut them into the air.

Final Smash: Heavy will call for a Medic and will be uber charged with standard Uber and crits for his minigun he then will say "I AM BULLETPROOF!" He will be invincible and will be like Lucario's and Wario's final smash except he will be restricted to his minigun and will not gain any movement speed, he will be slow but his minigun will have no damage fall off and will not die down over time until the smash has run its course.

Heavy is from Team Fortress 2 and has no chance of getting in but I might as well give out his moveset for the heck of it. I had a lot of fun actually thinking of what it could be and even thought up a trailer for him. I even have a smash card for him that says "Mows down the competition!"

Ok, that's enough of my fantasizing about a character being in a video game he'd never get into.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    I know I've come up with a shared moveset for Isaac, Felix and Matthew from the Golden Sun, but I don't remember most of it. From what I remember it would have looked something like this:

Special: Spire - A stone forms in the air in front of him and falls to the ground, damaging anyone it touches and shattering when it hits something.
    Up Special: Ragnarok - Isaac leaps up and launches a giant sword down.
    Forward Special: Move - Works like the Isaac assist trophy in Brawl, creating a giant hand that pushes the opponent away, but does not do damage.
    Down Special: Growth - Two small plants grow out of the ground, one in front of him and one behind. They damage anyone hit by them as they grow and can block projectiles, but disappear quickly.
    Final Smash: Judgment - Isaac summons Judgment to fire a massive energy blast down on the field.
    Special: Gaia - Work's like Isaac's Spire, but the stone goes up instead of down.
    Up Special: Odyssey - Felix leaps up and sends three large swords down. The central sword is larger and does more damage than Isaac's Ragnarok, but the other two are smaller and do less damage.
    Forward Special: Quick Strike - Works like a dark-attribute version Marth's Shield Break in Melee, but moves Felix forward.
    Down Special: Briar - A large plant grows out of the ground in front of Felix, damaging anyone that touches it before it goes away and can block projectiles. Does more damage than Isaac's Growth
    Final Smash:Catastrophe - Summons Catasrophe to blast the field with a massive dark and electric attack.
    Special: Stone Spire - Sends multiple smaller rocks raining down.
    Up Special: Retreat - Matthew teleports upward.
    Forward Special: Move - Doesn't send the opponent as far as Isaac's Move, but does damage.
    Down Special: Mad Growth - Works like a stronger but slower version of Isaac's Growth.
    Final Smash: Crystallux - Summons Crystallux to blast the field with a powerful light attack.

4. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Okay I'm going again. Here's one for Blaziken (this is a Pokémon forum so I shouldn't have to explain who this is).

Neutral Special: Fire Blast
    Similar to Lucario's Aura Sphere and Mewtwo's Shadow Ball; a projectile that can be charged and made larger. However, it deals fire damage and explodes into the familiar shape of Fire Blast (the kanji symbol for fire) on contact when fully charged.

Side Special: Blaze Kick
    A forward dash ending in a roundhouse kick. Deals fire damage and can be charged as well, increasing it's range.

Up Special: Sky Uppercut
    An uppercut that flies upward and slightly forward. Has a sweetspot at the start, like Luigi's Super Jump Punch. ( I just realized this sounds exactly like Ryu's Shoryuken...)

Down Special: Bulk Up
    Boosts damage output and knockback resistance for 5 seconds.

Final Smash: Blast Burn
    Mega Evolves into Mega Blaziken and uses Blast Burn to erupt an intense, swirling wildfire around him, trapping any fighters that fall into it. After a few seconds, it closes back in on Blaziken, dragging any fighters contained with it. An explosion then occurs, blasting any fighters away.

Side Smash
    A a spin kick forward, followed by a reverse roundhouse kick with the other leg. Deals fire damage. Similar to Zero Suit Samus' side smash.

Up Smash
    A back flip kick similar to Fox's up smash. Deals fire damage.

Down Smash
    Stomps the ground, causing a pillar of fire to appear on either side of Blaziken.

Side Tilt
    A fast side kick that can be angled. Similar to many characters' side tilts, such as Samus and Mario.

Up Tilt
    A knee jab upward.

Down Tilt
    A sweeping kick.

Jab Combo
    An ankle kick with the back leg, a rolling kick with the front leg, and a reverse roundhouse kick with the back leg.

Dash/Dash Attack
    Sort of Naruto runs, but not as exaggerated. A knee jab.

Neutral Air
    A sex kick similar to Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario's neutral air.

Forward Air
    A front flip that slams the front leg down. Imagine Donkey Kong's forward air, but a full flip beforehand and using a foot instead of hands. Can meteor smash.

Back Air
    A straight kick backward.

Up Air
    A flip kick.

Down Air
    Two quick stomps with each kick. Similar to Lucario's down air, but slower and more powerful. The second stomp can meteor smash.

Up Taunt
    Does a backflip and lands in the pose of Mega Blaziken's official artwork while lighting his hands on fire.

Side Taunt
    Basically just Wolf's side taunt from Brawl. Three swift flaming kicks with one leg.

Down Taunt
    Looks up, lights wrists on fire, and unleashes a shrill cry while a fiery aura glows around him. Similar to Lucario and Mewtwo's down taunts but less of an effect around him.

#4 Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  5. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    And I'm back again with another Pokémon. I'm really setting myself up for disappointment here.

So I decided on Haxorus as a Gen V rep. This took a bit more creativity than Blaziken.

Neutral Special: Dragon Rage
    A blast of blue fire that traps opponents briefly. Similar to Ness' PK Fire, but travels slower. Deals darkness damage.

Side Special: Dragon Claw
    A swipe forward with the back hand. Similar in execution to Ike's Quick Draw, but it can't be charged. Deals darkness damage.

Up Special: Giga Impact
    A brief charge-up, then a dash in any direction (defaults to up if no direction is given). Upon contact, it deals much knockback and Haxorus won't be put in a helpless state.

Down Special: Guillotine
    A bite forward. Slow execution and very hard to land, but if it hits it deals tremendous knockback, killing very easily. Basically a cooler version of Jigglypuff's Rest that launches forward instead of up. An image of axe blades crossing each other also appears if it hits.

Final Smash: Hyper Beam
    Fires a long, thin beam that traps opponents and pushes them, finally launching them when the move ends. Can be angled. Basically Lucario's Aura Storm from Brawl, but executed like Samus' Zero Laser. Deals darkness damage.

Side Smash
    A side slash using Haxorus' tusks. Deals darkness damage.

Up Smash
    A bite upward. Deals darkness damage.

Down Smash
    A spin, tail swiping on either side.

Side Tilt
    A quick slash with the back claw.

Up tilt
    A small upward slash with the front claw.

Down Tilt
    A tail swipe. Can trip opponents.

Jab Combo
    A forward swipe with the back claw, another with the front claw, and an upward swipe with the tusks.

Dash/Dash Attack
    Runs like a T-Rex. A tail swipe followed by a tusk swipe.

Neutral Air
    A spin that claw swipes both sides.

Forward Air
    A slash foeward with the back claw.

Back Air
    A tail swipe.

Up Air
    A blast of purple fire upward. Similar to Zelda and Ivysaur's up airs.

Down Air
    A dunk downward with the legs and tail. Can meteor smash

Side Taunt
    Crouches onto all fours and snarls.

Up Taunt
    Roars skyward.

Down Taunt
    Spins briefly, then growls as light glints off his tusks.

#5 Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  6. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Back with more Pokémon movesets. Here's Dewott!
    I decided to go with Dewott over Oshawott because it has two scalchops instead of just one, and over Samurott because it's more nimble.

Neutral Special: Scald
    A ranged water attack that actually deals fire damage. It looks like Mario's FLUDD but a lighter blue and with steam coming off it.

Side Special: Surf
    Creates a wave of water and rides it forward. It traps opponents hit until the move ends.

Up Special: Aqua Jet
    Sort of a combination of Fox's Fire Fox and Lucario's Extreme Speed. It's fast (but not as fast as Extreme Speed) and can trap opponents for the duration of the move. It also has a small jet behind it that can push opponents, like Greninja's Hydro Pump.

Down Special: Revenge
    A sort of counter move. When activated, there is a brief start-up, then Dewott attacks with an uppercut. If hit during the start-up, the move's damage and knockback will be boosted drastically.

Final Smash: Razor Shell Flurry
    Dewott dashes forward and the first opponent hit becomes trapped in a water vortex. Dewott then starts moving around the trapped opponent doing quick strikes with Razor Shell. Finally, Dewott jumps a few feet away, then does a powerful quick draw attack that launch opponent. Basically Triforce Slash with more visual flair.

Forward Tilt
    A diagonal slash with a Razor Shell.

Up Tilt
    An overhead arc slash with a Razor Shell.

Down Tilt
    A jab with a normal scalchop. Trips opponents.

Forward Smash
    An X-slash with two Razor Shells.

Up Smash
    A wide overhead Razor Shell slash with the front hand, then a second one with the back hand.

Jab Combo
    A downward slash with the front hand, then an upward slash with the back hand.

Dash
    Sort of Naruto runs, leaning forward with its arms behind. Does a spin and Razor Shell slashes with the back hand.

Neutral Aerial
    Spins around with its arms outstretched while holding both scalchops while trailing water behind them. Similar to Zelda and Lucario's Neutral Aerials.

Forward Aerial
    Downward slash Razor Shell with the front hand.

Back Aerial
    Horizontal slash with the back hand.

Up Aerial
    Stabs upward with two Razor Shells.

Down Aerial
    Downward horizontal slash with both Razor Shells. Can Meteor Smash if sweetspotted.

Side Taunt
    Does a "come here" sign with the scalchop in the front hand.

Up Taunt
    Rocks back onto the the back foot and does a pose with with the front arm stretched forward and the back arm behind but bent to face forward as well, hondling both scalchops. Then leans forward and crouches down in a pose face the screen with both arms outstretched to each side.

Down Taunt
    Creates a small water vortex and spins around in it, hovering slightly, then quickly dispells it and lands.

7. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Here’s my thing for Feraligatr.

First off, he’d be a fast, strong, heavy character. He’d have early kill power but a large hit box, making him combo food.

So here is my move set for him

Neutral Special: it would be Scald. It will be scalding water that burns on contact with the animation of FLUDD’s scalding water. Comet came up with the idea to use scald, but I cane up with it being similar to fludd. However, the actual way it works will be similar to bowser and Charizard’s fire breath.

Side Special: This would be Ice Punch. The move would be similar to the Warlock Punch.

Up Special: waterfall for this one. This move would grant the user super armor and would be aimable. Leaves user in free fall.

Down Special:This would be Crunch. The move would be a bite that grants super armor.

Side Smash: This would be Chip Away. It’d be like Charizard’s to where it should be used only when you know you can get the kill.

Down Smash: Earthquake would take this spot. Feraligatr stomps onto the ground with the full force of his body was weight. Like Charizard’s.

Up Smash: This would be Brick Break.

Jab: This would be Scratch. Feraligatr scratches twice and then throws a punch with the opposite hand for the third blow.

Up tilt: Water Gun. A short little spurt of water.

Side tilt: Shadow Claw. A fast, long range scratch.

Down tilt: Uses two metal claws to slash. Like bowsers.

Nair: Flail

Fair: Slash. This would be similar to Bowser and Charizard’s Fair

Dair: Feraligtr just does a simple stomp that spikes the enemy.

Bair: Feraligtar uses Aqua Tail.

Uair: Dragon Claw

Up Taunt: Feraligatr uses Roar (this does no knock back. It’s just for show)

Side Taunt: Feraligatr does a little dance like Ash’s Totodile does in the anime.

Down Taunt: Feraligatr bares his fangs to intimidate

Feraligatr uses Hydro Canon.

Obviously his original color scheme is the default

Shiny color scheme

Krokodile color scheme

Tyranitar color scheme

Charizard color scheme

Aggron color scheme

Ho-Oh color scheme

Lugia color scheme

Feraligtr gets on all fours and falls asleep

Feraligtr roars into the air in a Godzilla-like action

Feraligatrs clamps down his massive jaws as he faces the screen

8. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand here's another Pokémon. Krookodile

Neutral Special: Dig
    Digs underground, then jumps back out with a claw uppercut a few seconds later or when the button is pressed again. Can move freely side to side underground. Can't be used on platforms that can be passed through. If used in the air, will slam downward, and if contact with an opponent is made, they will be buried instead.

Side Special: Dragon Claw
    A wide forward slash. Has a darkness effect and has priority over most other moves in the game.

Up Special: Aerial Ace
    Dashes in whichever direction is pressed, knocking opponents hit away.

Down Special: Sand Tomb
    Creates a small tornado of sand in front of them, trapping an opponent if one is present. While trapped, they will take continuous damage and can be attacked, but can also be launched out of it with enough force.

Final Smash: Home Turf
    Dashes forward surrounded by a small sandstorm and grabs the nearest opponent. The target is immediately transported to a vast desert, and Krookodile does a flurry of attacks on them, jumping in and out of the sand, finally jumping up from below with a powerful bite.

Forward Smash
    Bites forward

Up Smash
    An overarching slash with what resembles Shadow Claw

Down Smash
    Slams the ground with their hand, causing two rock spikes to emerge on either side of them, similar to Stone Edge

Forward Tilt
    Spins and slams forward with their tail

Up Tilt
    A small uppercut slash

Down Tilt
    Bites down in front of them

Jab
    A forward slash with the back hand, another with the front hand, and a bite

Dash
    Crawls along the ground on all fours. Attacks with a lunging bite.

Neutral Aerial
    Spins and attacks with their tail, similar to Charizard's neutral aerial.

Forward Aerial
    A slash with the back hand, similar to Mewtwo's forward aerial.

Back Aerial
    Whips tail backwards

Up Aerial
    Bites upward

Down Aerial
    Bites downward. Can meteor smash.

Pummel
    Holds opponent in both hands and bites

Forward Throw
    Slashes the opponent forward

Back Throw
    Grabs the opponent in their jaws and throws them behind

Up Throw
    A stone pillar erupts out of the ground and launches the opponent up

Down Throw
    Grabs the opponent and slams them into the ground, burying them

Side Taunt
    Stands up straight, crosses arms, and snickers

Up Taunt
    Roars forward

Down Taunt
    Creates a small sandstorm around them, then dispels it by slamming their hand into the ground.

Normal (red with black stripes)
    Inverted (black with red stripes
    Shiny (brown with yellow stripes)
    Feraligatr (light blue with red stripes)
    Krokorok (tan with black stripes)
    Tyranitar (pale green with tan stripes)
    Purple with black stripes
    Yellow with black stripes

9. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    GENESECT!! This one just came to me out of nowhere.

Neutral Special: Techno Blast
    A chargable beam similar in appearance to Robin's Thoron

Side Special: Magnet Bomb
    Fires a small bomb straight forward that explodes on contact with opponents or surfaces

Up Special: Aerial Ace
    Zooms in whatever direction is pressed at high speed (I know I didn't the same thing for Krookodile but it makes much more sense for Genesect.

Down Special: Signal Beam
    Fires a narrow, purple beam that hits multiple times and goes through opponents and walls, but barely does any knockback.

Final Smash: Hyper Beam
    Fires a long beam forward that slowly angles up as the move continues. (I know I did this for Haxorus but again, it makes more sense for Genesect.

Forward Smash
    Fires a Zap Cannon forward that deals electrical damage and paralyzes.

Up Smash
    Jabs both claws upward.

Down Smash
    Jabs forward, then sins and jabs backward.

Side Tilt
    Jabs with the back claw

Up Tilt
    Jumps slightly, slamming its cannon upward

Down Tilt
    Swipes with the front claw

Jab
    Jabs with the front claw, then the back, then fires a point blank burst from its cannon

Dash
    Hovers slightly above the ground. Attacks by spinning and slashing with the back claw, then the front claw.

Neutral Aerial
    Uses Bug Buzz to attack in a burst around them. Similar to Greninja's Neutral Air.

Forward Aerial
    Fires a blast forward

Back Aerial
    Fires a blast backward

Up Aerial
    Slashs twice upward

Down Aerial
    Uses X-Scissor downward. Can Meteor Smash.

Pummel
    Holds the opponent with the front claw and jabs them with the back one

Forward Throw
    Fire a point blank burst that launches the opponent away

Back Throw
    Same as forward throw, but directed the other way

Up Throw
    Flies up offscreen with the opponent and slams then into the ground. Similar to Kirby, Meta Knight, and Charizard's Up Throws.

Down Throw
    Lifts the opponent up and slams then down

Side Taunt
    Sharpens claws against each other

Up Taunt
    Hovers a bit and makes its eyes flash

Down Taunt
    Fires four quick bursts from its cannon

Normal (purple)
    Shiny (red)
    Yellow
    Black