1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Smogon

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Pitmore, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Well, I've beat around the bush for a long time but I'm gonna just say it. What do you think about smogon? Is it a fickle bunch of nerds? Is it a clever site with dedicated members? What are the staff like? What are the members like? I'm leaving this completely open!

Personally, smogon has taught me the way f the Pokémon, its grabbed me from when i was young, took me under its wing and nurtured me. It gave me a lot of the friends I have today and given me the knowledge to research things and even analyse myself.

But I'm one person, what do you think about smogon? Tell me!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I find smogon to be a great community who make competitive battling far more interesting. I love VGC formats, but I think in terms of diversity of teams it has nothing on the smogon tiers. You can take practically any Pokémon, build a team around it and use it competitively in their respective tiers. In VGC, unless it has a very specific niche, such as Lapras in the VGC16 format, you won't see it used. They don't force their ruleset on anybody (regardless of what certain youtubers might have you believe) and recognise that they are an unofficial format. It's just a more fun format overall, with much less RNG dependent games overall (looking at VGC16 for example, games often rely on attacks hitting, speed ties and making assumptions of movesets from team composition).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.