1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

So I draw chicken scratches...

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by TheLaughingStar, Oct 31, 2017.

?

When did you become a fan?

1. Generation I

33.3%
  2. Generation II

9.5%
  3. Generation III

19.0%
  4. Generation IV

14.3%
  5. Generation V

19.0%
  6. Generation VI

4.8%
  7. Generation VII

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheLaughingStar

Bow
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78.1
    HI! Name's Star! How are you? I'm doing cold, because it's cold where I'm at. What am I doing here? Well one day, a week ago, I think it was a Wednesday, I was Wondertrading on my version of Pokémon Sun, and a strange little Pokémon came through. It said that it's owner was LakeValor.net. I was like 'that's a glitch Pokémon, what are you doing.' So I released it, but honestly it got me really curious. So I went ahead and looked the site up.

Lo and behold, I saw this place. I never thought I'd find a cute little forum community out here when so many people usually prefer social spaces instead. It's super refreshing and it got me really excited. So here I am!

A little bit about me? Well, I've been into Pokémon since the original fever in Brazil. I believe it was 1999. I was 11 at the time. I would carry around a poster with all 150 of them and me and my friends would look around and talk about each of them during lunch time. Then I would try and draw them, which was a lot of fun and hard work. Then I finally got Pokémon Stadium with the GB adapter, and that's how I played my very first version ever! Blue. I finally got a Game Boy Color when Silver came out.

I would collect the little cards that would come in the bag of chips, which were very popular. Then there were pogs, little figurines that would come in bottles of Guaraná Antartica, little coin machines would also have the cutest figurines too. And by the way, Pokémon the First Movie solidified my favorite Pokémon: Mewtwo.

It was also how I got into the TCG. I had a water and electric deck and would go to the "Official Pokémon TCG League" that was in one of the malls in town. It was my favorite thing in the world.

TL;DR-- I've been a fan for a long time. Hi!

So what do I do with Pokémon now?

I am just a fan to be honest. Tiny amateur collector of plushies and TCG cards with some of my friends. And now I'm mostly a new shiny hunter. I do my best to go through each game and version too.

Oh, and I also draw. I mean... If I find a place to post my doodles, I will. I need to draw more often when RL isn't reminding me of all of my responsibilities as an adult.

So uh... I believe I babbled a lot so I apologize. HI it's a pleasure!

Tell me a little about yourselves too! I am curious to know when y'all got into Pokémon, and how long ago that was! Give me also your favorite Pokémon!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Hhhh! Hiya! Welcome to the lake! I'm excited to see more artists joining us! I've been in the fandom since 1999 too! Is it your longest running fandom?
    My favourite Pokémon are Mew, Joltik and Dunsparce. And Espurr. And Dragonair. ....HHHH SO MANY THO!

I hope you share your art when you get a chance!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Hello there, welcome to the Lake!! I'm happy to see more artists joining us, new artists are always great!!

I've only been a fan since Gen4, but I've loved all the new people I've met since then! Hoping to see you stick around!

4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I see you found us through Wondertrade Wednesday!

If you're a big fan of Pokémon, then you'll fit in very well here! We have tons of discussions about Pokémon and the newest games coming out, and do consider sharing your art. It's fine: all my traditional art can be described as chicken scratches :sweat:

Hope to see you around!!

5. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My art is chicken scratches by a rooster with a broken foot

Welcome to the lake! Always nice to see somebody new show up! I'm the squidoodle who hates himself throws memes everywhere. Hope to see you around!

6. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    Oh my god, Wondertrade Wednesday worked! Welcome to Lake Valor, where we have a lot going on. You can post your art in the Art Corner, your fanfictions in the Literature Library, and you can do so much more. Our mods and admins will willingly help you with anything on this site. Hope to see you around the Lake!

Eee Hee Hee! See you later!

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Welcome to the lake! I've been a fan ever since the beginning of the anime series, and I've been drawing Pokémon ever since. So, yeah. XD

Hope you enjoy what this site has to offer!

8. TheLaughingStar

Bow
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78.1
    OH MY GOD ANOTHER OLDIE FAN LIKE ME! High fives! And thank you, I'm excited to be here owo

Hmmm, it's one of my longest running fandoms. It's one I usually return to and never regret it. I think Pokémon and Legend of Zelda are the two main ones from Nintendo. Animal Crossing comes next, but it's a more recent love. So is Pokémon your main fandom?

AWR! Dragonair is gorgeous, Joltik is adorable, MEW IS JUST *muah!*, Espurr is very relatable and I love them and yessss! I have many favorites to just list them all. I usually use this pokemon picker to help me with finding out which ones are up there, but I have so many ahahagdhf--

I just shared some of my more recent ones on the Art section now! I saw some of your art too and oh my god, I recognized your art from tumblr! I love your stuff so much!!

Awr!! Thank you so much! I'm very excited to be here!

Gen4, so like you've started with Diamond/Platinum/Pearl or HGSS?

Yes I did! You guys were very smart in using Wondertrade like that! owo

I'm very excited to participate here in the forum and meet new fans. Also, just posted some of my art in the Art corner, and I'm going to go around exploring it too because I noticed there are many interesting artists :"D

Never underestimate yourself!

Thank you to much for the welcome! I'm very excited to be here! By the way, hast thou prayed to our lord and meme savior Spark of Team Instinct?

YES IT DID! I'm very glad it did! Actually, did you guys get a lot of members through Wondertrade Wednesday? I'm really curious about that o3o

I just participated in the Art Corner, and I'm going to explore more of the place today :"D I'm really excited! Thank you so much for the welcome!

Awr thank you! I'm really excited to be here and omggggg //high fives another oldie fan! And it's nice to know you also draw, I'm going to run down to the Art Corner and look at your stuff! It looks like it'll be super cute! :"D

AeroHail and SnowboundBecca like this.
  9. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    Not yet. You're the first one.

10. TheLaughingStar

Bow
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78.1
    Oh wow! Well, I'm glad to be the first one then!

11. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    So you're telling me that Wondertrade Wednesday works?! Oh I have to get in on it sometime!

Excitement aside, I'll be the umpteenth person to welcome ya here. We're all one cozy and happy family and friendly for the most part. Just don't go messing with @Eclipse Okay...I kid on that; he's one of the nicest guys here.

I first heard about this website through fanfiction.net where I post a handful of different stories and I first got into Pokémon with Crystal version. My artistic skills are kinda lacking, but I feel like I make it up through intense and addicting dramatic writing.

Of course, the first part of my name is going to have one of my favorite Pokémon species, but I love other guys like Charizard, Sceptile, Luxray, Incineroar and Espeon.

So feel free to hit me up with a message if you need someone to show you around or just want to chat about Pokémon. I'm a pretty easygoing guy as is most others here. Eclipse included.

12. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Yay for us oldie fans! XD

There's so many good good Pokémon to choose from. They're all so good. ;w;

Pokémon and Animal Crossing are my main ones I have that never fade. I flit amongst other fandoms here and there though.

I saw! I saw! Hhh! Your art is so perfect i love it yesssss!!!

13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Well hello @TheLaughingStar! I'm really glad WonderTrade Wednesday is working and that you're joining us :)))) I can see the people before me have welcomed you and I'm stoked that you're showcasing your dope art in our Portfolio section! I can't wait to see more of it and be on the lookout for contests and whatnots to win prizes! I know a lot of people on here are super into TCG so you should fit right in. I also really love your avatar and I guessed Mewtwo was your favorite Pokémon which is super neat. I also enjoyed your story about how you fell in love with Pokémon!

Mine's a bit different. I watched a lotta Gen 1 but I stopped after the season with Dawn and her Piplup. (I don't do Gen #s, I do it based on what season had what girl.) My favorite Pokémon is a Pikachu. I dunno why it gets a lotta hate it's such a great 'mon.

We have a really neat catcher system here where you can catch Pokémon and level them up through posting! GUESS WHAT??? You can also catch a Mewtwo :D

With that said, off you go exploring. Do join our Discord Chatroom to chat with members as well :) Finally, if at any time you have any questions, do feel free to contact me or any member of the staff team for any assistance.

Thank you for checking in with us at Lake Valor, we hope you enjoy your stay ;)

14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm sorry, did you just call me out? Well then, now that you mentioned my name, I suppose I do have to make an appearance. You have thrown the gauntlet at my taloned feet, after all.

There was actually someone several months ago, who came here because of a Wonder-Trade Wednesday send-off. I don't believe the member stuck around, but I believe his username was "I like fire". I remember that stood out to me because I didn't think anyone would ever come here because of it, but I turned out to be mistaken.
    There may also be so many others we don't know about, because they don't even mention coming here via Wonder Trade, even though they may have.

::::

Back to the point, it's normal for me to see members who introduce themselves with a few slight details, and then go off gallivanting about the countryside lake. I wave hello and see them away. Now that I see an introduction with an inundation of information, I'm not sure quite how to handle it. I suppose I could respond in kind with a few bits of information about myself.

My name is Eclipse, and I am Lake Valor's resident dragon. I came here a while ago to help improve LV however I could, and I'm now in a great position to do so. I dabble in making signatures in GIMP, and I've been steadily honing my craft for a few years in that regard, for I do so as a way to relax and unwind. Beyond that, I strive for knowledge, information, and being accurate in all things. In the realm of video games, I'm very fond of RPGs, particularly the Golden Sun and Etrian Odyssey series, though I do have interests in other genres like visual novels (Ace Attorney and Zero Escape) and Mario Party (for the sheer shenanigans).

That's certainly not all I am, however. For more specific questions, I've set up a Q&A thread where any direct inquiries are shot at me. It's a fun way to learn about me, but it goes both ways. Why not set up your own Q&A thread? It will allow you to field questions in much the same way.
    Though, as far as LV and site-related questions are concerned, just ask me directly - those are questions about LV rather than myself. I'll probably be able to answer anything that doesn't involve reading your mind.

BraviaryScout likes this.
  15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    That's a lie...Eclipse can read minds. You didn't hear this from me :P

16. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Hi Star! I’m Wings. I think your “chicken scratch” drawings are super good, or at least, the drawings that you’ve posted so far ^_^

My favorite Pokémon? Almost anything from Gen 5, but I love Snivy, Whimsicott, and Vulpix!

Welcome to the lake, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

17. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Welcome, Star! I'm happy that you found us :D You seem like you're gonna fit in no trouble at all!

Picking favourites is hard when I like so many Pokémon! Let's go with Chandelure and Lurantis for now.

Anywho, I hope you're enjoying your time here!

18. TheLaughingStar

Bow
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽78.1
    Yes it does! I'm apparently not the only one, according to Eclipse, so I think that's a good thing. I'm going to try participating on the one that's happening for this week as a pay it forward and help out a little ;w;

Thank you so much for welcoming me! From what I've noticed, all of you guys are seriously super sweet and nice so I'm very happy that I decided to join!

Oh wow you can write! I think that's amazing. Literature is a form of art too, and I should seriously give the fanfic section of here a look too. I hope to run into your stories there ;w; And Crystal was an amazing game too. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't release the virtual version of it for the 3DS though. I would love to revisit it.

I'm actually really curious about the story of you and favoring Braviary. Was he part of your team? Also I can totally get on board with all of your favorite Pokémon!

Again, thank you so much for the welcome, you guys are super nice! I'll be sure to poke you if I have any questions uwu Or to fan around about Pokémon!

#oldiefansunite!

I knoooowww right?? It's hard to pick one or six of them, and it sometimes breaks my heart to say one or the other. And then there are the Pokémon that have been part of your teams and you win Leagues with them and just aaa ;w; they all have a special place.

I'm the same way too. I go to one fandom or another for a while, but I feel like that's normal. It's a good way to take a breather. Also, Animal Crossing is a super adorable game and I get super addicted to it when I start it up every time. It's usually around winter though.

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! ;A; THANK YOU!?!? JSLHduhfuhdfb I'm so glad you like it aaaaa ;;

It is working! I really hope more join that way, and I'm currently breeding a few Pokémon of my own to pay it forward for the community. I know I'm new but I'd like to give it a go! Why not uwu

Aaaa thank you! I was so hype that there are so many lovely artists here so I went ahead and started ;w; And I'll be looking out for the events too! Also... oh my god yesss, more TCG fans! For the longest time it was just me and a long distance friend that only collected the cards, so I'm very happy to hear that many on this forum like doing the same! As for my avatar, thank you! It's not my art though, it's for a very talented artist on Pixiv. It's been my favorite picture of Mewtwo and also an inspiration for me to evolve into as an artist. But yes, Mewtwo is my top favorite, followed by little Jolteon. ;w; And I'm glad you enjoyed my little story!

AWR! Actually the anime is really good so it's a legit way of getting into it--also a good way of keeping track of the Gens since Ash shows up with a new girl every time uwu. As for your favorite Pokémon, does Pikachu really get criticized over? I always get a Pikachu in my teams because he is so sweet and adorable!! It's one of my preferred Pokémon too, so hey! You've met someone that also really like Pikachu :"D

OH MY GOD! ....but do I need a Masterball for him or just cross my finger for a normal Pokéball to catch Mewtwo? (:'3 JL) I had no idea y'all had a discord. I need to be in it!

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, I truly appreciate it! owo

Hello Eclipse! How are you? It's actually really good to know that more people than me showed up due to WTW. As for my long introduction, I apologize it was lengthy, but also thank you for introducing yourself as well! I really enjoy getting to know more about everyone here! So it's a pleasure to meet you, resident dragon Eclipse.

It's really good to know that you enjoy making signatures. I used to make 100x100 LJ icons as a form of relaxation too, so I completely understand where you're coming from. Are you more fond of JRPG's or just RPG's in general? And I have been tackling Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney as a visual novel. I heard so many things about both games so I figure going for the crossover would be a good idea? And would you believe I never got a chance to fully try Mario Party before? ;; I would love to one day, but Super Smash Bros's is always the elected one for party games.

I was just browsing the Q&A section because I never heard of it before. I might make one, actually! It sounds like fun and I do enjoy replying back to everyone so ;w; And I'll poke around yours too!

Thank you so much for the lovely welcome and introduction! Again, it was a pleasure and if I have any questions I will surely poke at you.

You give me relief that you're maybe not able to read my mind... yet.

Oh my god h e l p-

Hello Wings! It's super nice to meet you! Oh... oh my god jhsvusd thank you ;w; I'm sorry I call them that, it's been a nickname for them since I was in Art School so sjhbd But I'm so happy you enjoy them! :"D

Gen5? So games like BW and BW2? I've been meaning to finish my Black version, but I love the starters on it! Especially Snivy! And Vulpix is always a darling ;w;

Thank you so much for the welcome! I truly appreciate it! :"D

Hello! Thank you so much for the welcome! Eeeee *_*

OMG you picked two very elegant Pokémon! I approve! So pretty ;w;

I am enjoying my time here very much, and am very excited to be here :"D

#18 Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
    Wings and Vigilance like this.
  19. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Welcome to the Lake! YAY! Uh, um...I don't know where I'm going with this...Um...

I haven't actually participated in WTW yet... Well...HOI my favourite Pokémon is Victini (as you may tell) and ENJOY BYE.

I AM ERRATIC.

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Technically speaking, I suppose I lean more towards JRPGs, as that's what I'm more used to. I'm not really adverse to non-JRPGs, but I tend to play turn-based ones, and most of those that exist are JRPGs, so one thing followed off another.

Layton vs Wright is pretty good; I have that game myself as I'm a fan of the Ace Attorney series, and it looks really clean, due to the slightly-more-realistic art style used (akin to the one used in The Great Ace Attorney, which...hasn't been seen outside Japan). That's one of the main draws to that game - that, and even minor characters get voiced Objections, which I find amusing.

I wouldn't really call Mario Party a "party game". I'd call it a way to vent frustration and a game full of methods to get on your friends' nerves and outplay them whenever possible in the name of laughs. So yes, I would believe you've never played Mario Party before.

I will expect to be poked if there are any questions directed at me. As for the mind-reading comment, I'll decline to answer on that one - just so I can keep everyone guessing.