1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sogaleo vs Lunala

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by JadeFox, May 21, 2017.

?

Sogaleo or Lunala?

1. Solgaleo

40.0%
  2. Lunala

57.5%
  3. Neither

2.5%
  1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★

The traditional box cover legendaries of Alola, Lunala and Sogaleo! Both have a significant importance in the story of Pokémon Sun and Moon, but which is your favorite? And what about in competitive play? Which one do you feel is better in competitive Pokémon, and why do you think that the Sunne or Moone Pokémon is better in that way?

I like how Lunala looks, because it looks really cool, and it's typing is very interesting. But I honestly haven't tried out either of these legendaries in my competitive teams yet, so I really cannot say which one I prefer better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I preferred Solgaleo over Lunala, though neither of these were my fav legendaries. I though Solgaleo had a slick look which made me chose it its shiny is a mess though I didn't really use either for battling in end but I heard that neither was that great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I like Lunala! I have a lil figure of it and I love its moongeist beam (which kept killing my team but now that I have it, hehe)

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    While I have grown to like Lunala as time passed, when it was first released I did not like it at all. I still prefer Solgaleo over Lunala but neither of these are on my favorite lists.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I prefer Solgaleo over Lunala. Might be because I have a fondness for cats, but I also played Sun first because I wanted that Alolan Vulpix. Nebby the Solgaleo just grew on me a bit more. Like the others, neither of them is anywhere near my favorite list.

6. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    While I have Pokémon Sun, I actually would have preferred Moon just for Lunala. I like it for its diversity as a legendary: While we have plenty of Psychic type and Steel type legendaries--and we've already got one steel-psychic type (I'm looking at you, Jirachi)--There's only one other Ghost type legendary besides Lunala, and that's Giratina. I'm personally a big fan of ghost types in general--they are up there with Ice types for me--and adding Lunala among the small ranks of Ghost type legendaries is really neat.

Also I just really like Lunala's design, and Solgaleo doesn't really look like a steel-psychic. I thought he was fire-type when I first saw the box art, actually.

Kiyase likes this.
  7. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Woah Lunala is beating solgaleo by one vote! I really love Solgaleo, but lunala hits home to me lol.

Post 63

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I have Moon, and thus bonded with Lunala. L: 1 S: 0
    Solgaleo has the more awesome design in my opinion. L: 1 S: 1
    Solgaleo's typing is more common among legendaries and Pokémon in general. L: 2 S: 1
    Lunala has two double weaknesses, and is 4x weak to common moves like Knock Off and Sucker Punch. L: 2 S: 2
    Solgaleo's typing origin is genius. Watch Lockstin&Gnoggin's video about it for the reasons. L: 2 S: 3
    Signature moves are literally the same in effects, but Sunsteel Strike has more types it is good against. L: 2 S: 4
    Lunala has the superior ability. L: 3 S: 4

As you can see, it is close, but I believe Solgaleo has the edge.

9. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I think having liked the idea of Lunala's design more (and also that leo celestial figure feels very over done in pop culture generally) I thought it was Lunala for sure. However, seeing Solgaleo played in ptcgo, I realise it's probably the stronger of the two (it can attack energies, deal enough damage to 1hko pretty much anything at all AND it can movie itself from bench to active and I think even move others too. Lunala moving energies around can be good too but I think leo ends up having more potential. I can't say about the game ones though, not far enough.

10. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    I prefer Solgaleo since it looked awesome. I choose what looks the strongest to me.

11. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    While I do love big cats, I have a thing for bats going back to my 3rd grade class science project. To me Lunala has a slightly more interesting design, you can catch it in a moon ball which actually suits it REALLY well, and it's type weakness to dark makes sense to me because of how the moon gets light from the sun and the bats that live near me are out at both day and night (meaning that they need some kind of light no matter what.). Don't get me wrong, me and Solgaleo are bros for life, but Lunala just has something over it to me. I don't do much with competitive so I'll probable never explore that aspect.

12. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I like both, but I prefer Solgaleo. Solgoleo is an awesome heavily muscled lion that feels like its brimming with power and energy, while Lunala is a moon/bat/skeleton thing. Still cool, but I definitely prefer Solgaleo.

13. Dragonair

Dragonair Original 151

God
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽169.7
    Lunala. Sogaleo is the poor mans Metagross it just can't compete. Also Lunala's typing mixed with its special attack and defence make it a tough cookie.

JadeFox likes this.
  14. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I always lke Lunala better because it has a nice, calm, serene nature to it as opposed to Solgaleos lack of an indoor voice.

Competitively, I rarely use legendaries but Lunala is better thanks to Shadow Shield.

15. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    Solgaleo's managed to become my favorite legendary in the series. I'm not head-over-heels for its type combination, but the really neat, almost robotic design hit home as soon as I saw it for the first time. The floofy mustache and avocado tail tip really speak to me. I can't speak on the competitive side since I'm an all-around casual player, though, so I don't have an opinion on who's the better battler.

16. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    I like Lunala more than Solgaleo. I still appreciate Solgaleo with its ferocious appearance and nice typing. Lunala, though, has this quiet intimidation about it. It doesn't need a giant mane or a fierce roar to be threatening. All it needs to do is unfurl its wings, and you know you're toast.

While it's not my favorite legendary, Lunala is still cool. #MoonyWingyThingy

17. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I really love the color scheme of lunala, but ive always wanted a lion! Solgaleo is just too cool. Maybe a pallete swap is my next task?

18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I think both have pretty awesome designs, but Sogaleo has to be my favourite. I might be a little biased as I played Sun, though. There's always been something about Lunala's design that's bothered me. What does it do if it gets tired? It has no legs, so it can't stand. Does it just flop down onto the floor like a giant purple rug? That doesn't sound very dignified. You don't get those issues when you look at Sogaleo. I know it's weird that I'm making a big deal out of this, but it's design choices like this that really influence how much I like a Pokémon.

Also, Sogaleo is a giant metal lion. That is and always will be totally awesome.

19. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I've seen bats crawl around on their bellies. Lunala probably does that. Which brings to mind a hilarious mental image.

20. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The more I think about that, the funnier it gets :P