1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Some Sad News

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Arc1Dragon, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    According to Shigeru Ohmori Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be the final Pokémon games on the Nintendo 3DS. After this the games will be made on the 3DS with the first one coming next year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I think the 3DS had a fair amount of Pokémon titles during its time. I'm excited to see whats next in the line up :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I can see why, the 3DS is getting old, they are just rehashing it into a ton of models and if you look at the upcoming games list it is getting pretty thin. I think the 3DS is just reaching the ends of the updates and they want people to move to the switch.

4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think they're tyring to push towards the Switch now. I'll always love the 3DS, but the Switch is the next big thing for Nintendo I think. Gotta keep up with the new consoles I guess. Though this will mean I'll need two Switches to trade Pokémon X_X

5. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I guess it was kind of expected. It is pretty old now. It had a great run and a lot of good memories!
    That said my 3ds wont get to rest until we get an animal crossing game on the switch so it's not dead for me yet.

Knightmare likes this.
  6. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    RIP 3DS. You were a good friend ;w;

I'm kinda excited to see how Pokémon will handle a game on the Switch and what it will look like. I guess we're in time to see our well-needed Sinnoh remakes in glorious 1080P beauty?

7. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    moment of silence for 3ds Pokémon games. we will miss you.

that being said, I'm excited to see the future of Pokémon on the Switch! Maybe we can have double battles that don't lag!

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Is not surprise really, after all they did say a core pokémon game would come out for the Switch next year, the 3DS had a good long run, I just hope they'll let us transfer mons from SM and USUM into the Switch game if that's where things are gonna end up being.

9. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    It's sad but at the same I am happy for the amount of core games we got during the 3ds' lifespan (matching the DS if my calculations are right). X/Y, OR/AS, S/M, US/UM. And dunno if you want to count the spin off games, PMD GOI and SMD, or even the VC ones, Art Academy, Rumble, Picross and Trozei.
    I hope I can get a Switch before this new Switch gen comes out, but how things look future looks promising for us :D

10. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    If thats how things are gonna go down, if christmas came tomorrow it'd take too long.

And if I dont get a switch for christmas, something is destined to die.

11. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    Well hopefully Nintendo will start actually making the Switch available in decent amounts for once. I've been trying for months to get one. You would think they would learn from the Wii and Wii U but apparently not.

But yeah, Pokémon on the Switch would be cool.

12. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Welp, time to get off my lazy ass and fight tooth and nail to get a Switch
    I'm ecstatic to see what the graphics of the next games are going to be. Also, what will they be?! So much anticipation already XD
    Will they have walking animations for Pokémon? Battles that don't lag? Or, heaven forbid, WiFi that doesn't cut out every two WTs.
    #MissingNo