1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Spectacular Omega Ruber Wonderlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Getus, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls and children of all ages! I welcome you all to my first ever attempt at the Wonderlocke! If you've read my previous nuzlockes, then you know this might be short with my luck...

Anyway without further adieu, the rules!

• Can only capture the first Pokémon in an area, this includes towns that can be fished in. These Pokémon MUST be wondertraded instantly after capture.
    • If a Pokémon faints, it must be put in the PC in the box labelled DEAD.
    • I can bring back ONE Pokémon from the dead to serve as an HM slave it will take up a slot in my party and cannot battle, if it is the last Pokémon in my party left alive I lose.
    • Dupes clause will be active. If I receive a Pokémon I have already received in a wondertrade, it can be traded back.
    • If I receive a Pokémon who's level is too high to listen to me, and it still wont after the next gym, then I MUST trade it back. Even if the next gym will make up to level 30's listen to me and the Pokémon is level 31, it is still higher than what the gym badge will allow and so I am not allowed to keep it.
    • I must wondertrade gift Pokémon, egg Pokémon and legendaries with NO exceptions unless I receive a legendary through wondertrading, then I can keep it.
    • If I capture a shiny I am allowed to keep it, because I need them.
    • FINALLY after each gym battle I must wondertrade away my highest level Pokémon in my party, this keeps my team constantly changing and one Pokémon will not be able to carry me through the entire challenge.
    This challenge will go up to the champion/elite four battles. If I become champion, i win. if I lose at any point and I have no Pokémon remaining, I lose. I am allowed a second try if I wipe and I have Pokémon in the box that have not died, if I lose again the challenge is over.

Anyway, I hope this all makes sense, here we goooo!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry and JadeFox like this.
  2. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Going through the basic start of all Pokémon games, am I a boy or a girl? Naturally, I double checked before selecting boy and then had to decide on my name. Usually, for these I would use Getus but this is a special occasion! My first ever wonderlocke! Never done before! AND THERE IS BUT ONE PERSON WHO CAN TAKE ON THE MANTLE OF MY FIRST EVER WONDERLOCKE CHARACTER! I chose the name.... Bitman.

Yabba yabba, the same old slow paced introduction gonna time skip to the important part, my starter!

[​IMG]

So as I won't be keeping my starter as soon as I can wondertrade, it doesn't really matter what I pick. So I just went with Torchic. Now that I have my starter, I just need to get wondertrade and BOOM we're off. Again, we'll be transitioning to this point as nothing truly important happens up to here other than some story points, but who's here to read the story?.

Scratch that, important event! NUZLOCKE HAS BEGUN! Or has it? Not sure how this works in a wonderlocke, but I'm going to say it hasn't. Yet has. I must capture the first Pokémon I come across in each area but until I get the wonderlocke the death part hasn't begun, although I'm going to avoid battles as much as possible.

FINALLY! I have unlocked wondertrading and captured my Pokémon from routes 101 and 102, now I shall proceed to wondertrade away all three of my current Pokémon:

Torchic - Got a level 1 Riolu, YASSSS! Looking good so far!
    Poochyena - In return I got a level 1 Trapinch. I feel like I am going to use all of my luck for this part...
    Wurmple - A level 13 JAPANESE Aron! Now, the first gym bade will let me use Aron as it is not above 20, but if after that battle it is my highest it will have to be retraded, so I don't think we'll see much Aron action unfortunately.

Good trades, got an amazing team of the start and now it is farming time! Going to drop off my update here so see you next time folks!

That's a lie, you'll see my words and I'll hopefully see your reviews

Current Team

In here I'll post my current team for each update, everytime i get a new Pokémon I'll go into detail with their stats but for any Pokémon that carries through updates I'll only include their name, moveset and ability.

Riolu
    Male
    Level: 1
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Stats:
    HP - 12
    Att - 6
    DEF - 5
    SPA - 4
    SPD - 6
    SPE - 6

Moveset:
    Foresight
    Quick Attack
    Endure
    Forcepalm

Trapinch
    Male
    Level 1
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Stats:
    HP - 12
    Att - 6
    DEF - 5
    SPA - 6
    SPD - 5
    SPE - 5

Moveset:
    Bite
    Feint Attack
    Bide
    Earth Power

Aron
    Female
    Level 13
    Ability: Sturdy
    Stats:
    HP - 37
    Att - 27
    DEF - 27
    SPA - 16
    SPD - 15
    SPE - 15

Moveset:
    Harden
    Rock Tomb
    Headbutt
    Metal Claw

3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    That's some pretty solid luck there. Glad you have a good start.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Just realised the kid outside of petalburg city is Max from the anime... wow

Anyway, route 104 I caught a Taillow and thanks to the wonderful technology known as Wondertrade... I got a Wingul for it. A french one, but a Wingul. Meh, Pelipper is god so it'll do. Moving on from that, ignoring the trainers for future training sessions, I enter petalburg woods and catch a Slakoth! Almost one-hit Wingul but I caught it. Traded it off for a nice japanese Alomomola that's level 15. Guess I'm keeping Aron after the first gym yaaayyy. Still, alomomola looked strong shame that it wont be around for long.

Progressed the story, defeated that grunt from magma and got the magical exp share.

Btw exp share will not be used outside of grinding and will not be active for trainer battles

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GYM BATTLE TIIIME!

Yup, time for my first gym battle. Wingul easily disposes of the side-trainers Geodudes, just a little watergun here and a little watergun there and they were done.

Moving onto Roxanne herself on the other hand.... Watergun meets Geodude. Geodude rejects watergun with Sturdy. Geodude responds with Rock Throw. Rock throw one hit knocks out Wingul. Wingul was our first death folks, truly he will be remembered. In vengeance, I unleash Alomomola who surprisingly listened to me and wiped out Roxanne's team. Got my badge and now it is time to say farewell to our sweet Alomomola.

And in return, a level 23 Cacnea! Thankfully the next gym badge will have level 30's listen to me so I guess we're safe, woo. Wipes away sweat I needed a grass type for... reasons I suppose.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Route 116

Entering this route I have my encounter, and a nice little whismur. Good bye whismur, into the wonder machine you goo!

Whismur has been traded for a level 30 Pikachu. _One more level and it will have needed to be traded_

Anyway going to sign off on this update, ciao!

Male
    Level: 11
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Move Set:
    Foresight
    Quick Attack
    Endure
    Force Palm

Male
    Level: 10
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Move Set: