1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Spiderman: Far From Home

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darkmaster006, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    [​IMG]

I just watched the movie yesterday and I really liked it. Even more so because I thought it was gonna be mediocre at best, but it really exceeded my expectations by a ton! Did anyone else watch it? What did you think about it?

I specially loved the underlying theme with Mysterio—aka, what is truth and how people will believe anything. And also special mention to the amazingly well-developed romance between Peter and MJ, such a great pair of two awkward dorks haha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I enjoyed Far From Home! While there was certainly a handful of other MCU movies that I enjoyed more, Tom Holland continues to do a fabulous job as Spiderman, and Zendaya does a fabulous job as MJ as well. I'm digging this version of the Spiderman cast more than perhaps any other. I can't wait to see what happens with the insane end credits sequence!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I really enjoyed it! I watched it on release date to avoid spoilers. I didn’t expect to find a movie released after Endgame to be this entertaining. I’d easily call this my favourite Spider-man movie(apart from Spiderverse) without hesitation. This movie works as both as a teenage romance and a superhero film. It takes every aspect of Spider-man: Homecoming and makes it better.

4. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Glad to see everyone liked it as much. I think it also was like... the first MCU film that just went by really quickly for me, so it kept me engaged and it didn't seem like it lasted 2 hours at all! Total improvement over Homecoming for sure. And I'm really glad that we got this MJ because she's just so cool?? Plus, the awkward tension between her and Peter were really well-done, great acting both from her and Tom.

I'm also really intrigued about the credits scene. I was really hoping for Peter to just reveal his identity a la Tony tbh, so I'm a bit bummed about that. But I guess it's not in Peter's personality probably. What I'm hoping for the most though, now that we've got the multi-verse stuff going on, is a crossover between Maguire's Spidey, Garfield's Spidery, and Holland's. That would make for an amazing crossover that would probably be on equal ground with Infinity War! I mean, Spidey's always been the hero of the people!

5. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I personally loved it. I expected a fun movie, but I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. This movie made me love Mysterio, Ned, and MJ, whereas before I really only loved Tom Holland's Spiderman. Plus, they handled everything perfectly: the aftermath of the snap was addressed, but not the focus of the movie, they made the romance cute, but awkward, in a funny way, and of course, they made Peter address that he doesn't want to be some big time hero, but feels he has a responsibility to do the right thing. Everyone saw the Mysterio twist coming, but it was done so well that I still felt the impact. And Stark with the quips beyond the grave! E.D.I.T.H.'s name is maybe the best joke in the movie. It was fun, well paced, and those credit scenes!

Only had two problems. One, was Nick Fury, who seemed off, but was explained in the credits. Second was Brad. They could have done a lot better making a romantic rival for Peter, and every major Brad scene, especially missile and rest stop felt incredibly forced. Then again, this wasn't the biggest deal in the world, seeing as the rest of the movie was so amazing.

Personally, in my opinion, this is the second best MCU movie I have seen, only losing to Infinity War. Yes, it beat Endgame. I can't believe I said that, but it's true.

Darkmaster006 likes this.
  6. Darkmaster006

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Oh, the Mysterio twist was really well-done. In fact, I for a moment thought that maybe they really were going for a 'Mysterio is a good guy in this universe actually' route, kind of like the Skrull thing. Because, honestly, they delayed the reveal for like mid-movie and that just seemed off. Something had to be up. Of course, when Peter gave him the glasses, well that was the turning point and it was a great scene.

As for Brad, yeah he wasn't a good character I guess. But it didn't bother me much. Could've been done away with and the movie wouldn't have suffered at all, in fact, probably more screentime for cooler stuff.

7. Wabi Sabi

Ralts
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽130.0
    I love Jake Gyllenhaal, and I think he was fantastic as Mysterio. I had watched theories involving the twist behind him from several youtubers, so I'm sad to say I wasn't surprised (not to say it wasn't a good twist), but I think the way it was executed and the detail behind it was fantastic. Tom Holland continues to be my favorite Spiderman of the three incarnations; Zendaya was an amazing MJ, I love her dry humor and monotone voice (also, how she and Tom embody awkward teenagers perfectly), and Ned, as always, was a hilarious right hand man.

I really enjoyed the movie, it was a lot of fun and kept me hooked the entire time. There wasn't a single moment that I felt dragged on.