1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spiders

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Mar 10, 2019.

?

Do you like spiders?

1. Yes!

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. I don't HATE spiders, but I don't LIKE them either.

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. No.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. *squish*

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    [​IMG]
    When you ask a lot of people about the things they don't like, spiders will often be at the top of their list. A common reaction to the presence of a spider in the room is to either scream or stamp on it...or get someone else to do the dirty work.

Spiders seem to be one of the planet's most reviled creatures. Is this a sentiment that you share? If so, why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,434.8
    I'm pretty neutral about spiders. When they are in my home, I will sometimes kill them, but sometimes let them outside. However, I'm not particularly scared of them. I'm also not disgusted by them, for the most part. There are many other little creepers that I would rather not encounter. (cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I have no problems with spiders except they are in my house. If a spiders dares to visit my house, it sarts WW3.

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm... rather wary of spiders. I remember getting bit a couple times by them (one of those bites got infected; it wasn't pretty), so I often steer clear of them ever since.

That's not to say I absolutely hate them. I find that some spiders are actually rather cute. But the moment it invades my personal space, it either goes outside or it's getting the tissue.

Hornets, on the other hand, are the one things that freak me out. Those guys are jerks. >:C

5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It really depends on the kind of spider and where it is at. If it is in a place that would bother me, (in the shower or on the floor near me) I'm going to kill it and if it a bigger spider, I'm going to kill it. If it is anywhere else/any other kind of spider, then I'll leave it alone cause I prefer spiders over annoying flying pests.

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Don't care as long as they aren't being too intrusive, then I may them sign a lease and pay monthly rent.

7. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I may as well be Spider-Man. I had multiple crawl on me before at once and I just didn't move. I didn't realize they were in me at first, but when I did I just stopped moving and waited for them to get off me. I wasn't afraid of them, I just didn't want to suddenly move and scare them into biting me.

8. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    Im ok with the itty bitty tiny baby spiders or jumping spiders. I am NOT ok with anything else. They just look so creepy with their 8 legs all just crawling towards you and i just tend to scream at the top of my lungs whenever I see one

9. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Spiders are cute. I had a phase of hating them, but when I went to college my dorm room for my first year was in the basement of the dorm building with a window level with the sidewalk outside, so I got a lot of bugs in there. I just kind of got used to them.

10. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    As someone who has arachnophobia, my opinions are very biased. For example, I'm led to believe that spiders are secret agents from the underworld, and their purpose it to slowly evolve so that it can devour anything in its path... or just a evil AF bug. Jokes aside, I actually do in fact have arachnophobia, so they do freak me out. The ironic part is that I find spiders really interesting. They're cool bugs, and as long as they're not in my house, they're cool in my book. But when ones near me or in my house, I suddenly become the worlds biggest panzy (for lack of better words).

11. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Very big dislike of seeing an actual spider in physical form (unless its in a cage or something i guess). Otherwise perfectly fine.

12. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Urgh. No thank you. I don't like the idea of spiders. Little ones, I don't mind so much. But bigger ones? I'm noping out, especially since where I live is a habitat for brown recluse. Though, I've seen (killed) more black widows than brown recluses.

13. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I appreciate spiders of they keep their distance. One year we had a stink bug problem at home in almost every room, and they seemed to be clustered by the windows in most rooms... except mine. See, I had a spider living in my window. A big spider with a big web, with a few trapped stink bugs, but none got into my room. So I made a deal with that spider: you continue to kill stink bugs before they get into my bedroom, and I promise to let you live here free until you move out. This was a few years ago, so my spider-bro isn't still here, sadly.

This reminds me of a funny and almost tragic story. One morning I was minding my business, and I hear my brother drop a very loud F-bomb from the bathroom. I knock on the door, "are you all right in there?". "I'm good" says my brother from the other side. A few minutes later he's out and I get ready to take my shower and I see that the mat outside of the tub is scooched and there's a towel still in the floor of the shower/tub. So I pick up the towel, and out of it falls a rather sizable wolf spider. I smash it with a swatter (we have one onhand, this bathroom has a spider problem, I have a lot of stories), and go find my brother. I say to him "I understand that might have been startling, but can you be more calm? I don't want to have to go to your funeral and when people ask me how you died, I have to say 'he was killed by a spider. No, it didn't bite him, he jumped out of the shower too quick to get away from it and he slipped and hit his head. Yes, that means it scared him to death'. I'm going to need you to die in a way that doesn't make me laugh when I tell people, okay?".

And besides, I don't want to have to go on a life-long quest of vengeance against spiders because one killed my brother.

#13 Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Barandofl, Rezna and Laserdragon14 like this.
  14. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I have a massive phobia of spiders, so my opinion on them is that they scare the crap out of me. I understand that they kill flies and other annoying bugs, but that doesn't make me any less terrified of them.
    Living in Australia, we have a lot of super creepy spiders (and yeah it sucks being an arachniphobe here). Huntsmans and funnelwebs are the worst though. Just seeing pictures of them makes me super anxious and uncomfortable.

15. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    As long as they’re not venomous and I don’t have to touch them, I have no problem with spiders being in my house. I actually think they’re one of the most interesting animals out there. The way they move and act is so alien. Part of why I like Children of Time so much is because the author was able to create such an intricate jumping spider society.

16. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I really don't care all too much about spiders in the wild. They are even kind of cute. However, one in my home, I will either kill it or get someone else to kill it just because I don't like the idea of anything living in my home other than humans.

17. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Farm spiders are actually really cool, for example, yellow orb weavers! They make really complex and interesting webs and they're completely harmless towards humans! Theres alot of brown recluses in my area actually, so I tend to just kill them if they look to similar to one. Generally, I like having them around so that they can kill other bugs that would do harm such as ants and mosquitoes.

18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I love spiders and I think they can be adorable... Unfortunately, I live in Australia where we have three types of spiders: the kind that lives outside and look kind of creepy, the poisonous kind that's indistinguishable from the first, and giant huntsmans oh lord why are they so big and hairy get it out of my house.

In short: I like spiders. At least, in theory. I don't like being anywhere near them. I still try and avoid squishing them whenever I can and opt for taking them outside instead, since they're unlikely to hurt me.

... Though I'm still traumatised from that time my boyfriend found a white-tailed spider on the floor of our bedroom...

19. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I am absolutely terrified of spiders. If I see one near me I freak out, drop whatever I'm holding (I'm lucky I haven't broken my laptop this way) and scream for my siblings to get it. I'm so freaked out about spiders that I don't even dare getting close enough to try to squish them or take them outside. Larger spiders and jumping spiders creep me out more, because I feel like jumping spiders are going to attack me, and the larger spiders in our area just so happen to be the exact color of our carpet, so they're like little stealth ninjas that are, again, out to attack me. If I'm completely confident that the spider is not a threat to me, then I'll leave it alone (when it's outside, or when it hasn't moved in forever, and probably won't move any time soon), but otherwise, I don't like to be in the same room as it.