1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Original Spirit - The house of hope scene

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Momo Kiseki, Mar 12, 2019.

?

What did you think?

1. Good. But not exactly my thing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not a huge fan of it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cool! I'd read this!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I was curious what you guys thought of this. It's a scene I'm writing for my novel. Where each of my characters are trapped in a forest that manifests their worst fears as a way to prevent them from getting to this magical building.

This part of the chapter is my character Cameryn Hillis, she's fourteen extremely tough and really the only character to have not shown very much weakness in the series. The backstory of scene is something you can ask me for if you want it, I just don't want to bore people.
    I would love any advice you can give of what I've written so far! (Supposed to be emotional though I don't know how much of that will translate through to this since you guys don't know the whole story)

Cameryn

“How’s everyone doing? Not feeling too lost?” I asked “Oh! I’ve stopped walking, just so no one bumps into me” I added in.

No response.
    “Guys? Where are you?” I frowned “well, crap. I’ve lost them. That’s great”

I looked around me.
    How had we been separated? One second I could hear them all the next, silence.

Something to do with the forest I imagine.
    “Forest of deception huh? What kind of horrors do you have in store for me?” I asked jokingly, I didn’t believe much of what Ani and Serena said about it.

Most of it was tall tales or legends. I know legends tend to have some place in reality but I’d bet anything that a bunch of people just got really lost in here and said it was the forest or something.

I always hated that everyone explains everything by magic.
    Jeez, not every little thing has to have some kind of meaning.

Then…I heard running.
    “One of the others?” I asked out loud. Probably found a not so friendly forest animal.

“Cameryn?!” a voice echoed.

I froze.

No way.

No. Bloody. Way.

I had to register what I’d just heard, I should know that voice. I do know that voice.
    “Oh it is you! I was so worried about you! I’m glad you’re okay” I couldn’t turn, I needed to know but I couldn’t turn around.

I just…it couldn’t be. I slowly turned my head and gasped.
    Long brown hair, pulled back into a ponytail.

The typical green uniform of the council members of Taro even having Miral’s crest resting on the chest of the jacket.
    Deep blue eyes, normally full of joy, this time full of fear.

And…around his neck…a small necklace with a bunch of random beads on it. Red, blue, pink, green and in the middle a small gemstone that I remember all too well.

An amethyst that was shaped like a heart. I found it one day while playing with Joeri and Darrien in the creek outside Taro.

I remembered going to Darrien’s mother to help me make it into a gift for my dad’s birthday, he didn’t stop wearing it.

Not even on the day that he…

“Dad?” I asked disbelieving “H-How are you here?”

“Cameryn” he replied “have you see him? Has he been by yet?” my dad asked desperately, he sounded terrified.

“Who? Dad? What’s wrong?”
    “He hasn’t? Good, the guards in the council chambers tried to hold him off but…” he looked away.

“Dad?”

“They couldn’t…they just…all…” he mumbled then shook his head “I am the only one who got away okay? You can’t go into the main town. Half of it…it’s like a war zone…”

“Okay, Dad? What are you talking about?” He looked at me, tears were in his eyes but he smiled sadly.

“Cam” he said “I know how much he means to you. Countless times…I stumbled upon your conversations with your mother about him…” I felt tears pricking at my eyes. This time. These words! They were all so familiar.

“You need to understand darling. You can’t trust him. He’s…not the same boy he once was…”

I remember…

“I don’t…understand…how…”
    “Cameryn, do you understand me?” I stared in shock. I couldn’t believe any of this, how?

Was this the forest? Is that what is was? Or am I just delusional?

“Good” he kept talking, as if he was replying to me even though I wasn’t saying anything…he was acting just like he did that day…

His hand moved to his hand as he did what he always did when he was nervous, he twisted his gold wedding ring on his hand.
    “You need to go now”
    “No…Dad…” I wasn’t answering him…I just…knew what was about to happen.
    Don’t argue Cameryn!” He yelled angrily “I promised your mother! No matter what I would protect you! Now please just go!”

I remembered hugging him with tears streaming down my face, him wiping them away whispering:

“Now, don’t cry my darling. I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me, just go” I argued against him, I even refused to let go of him. I didn’t want to risk him.

And that's all I got right now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I like the character development and the build of tension in such a short amount of time.
    I can't wait to read more! :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Momo Kiseki likes this.