1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spoilers [Spoiler] Starter final-evolution type predictions?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Absolute Zero, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    At this point, we know the three new starters Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble start off having the same three types as usual: Grass, Fire, and Water. But what about their final forms? Will they pull a Johto on us and remain single-typed to the end, or what types will the gain by that time before we can even see anything?

----- ------- -----

So far I'm pretty confident that Scorbunny will gain Electric at some point. As speedy as it is, plus having a particular distribution of yellow in its color scheme really seems to lean in that direction (RIP when it gets hit by Ground moves if it doesn't learn Bounce).

Sobble seems so timid that I want it to turn into a terrifying and confident beast by its final form. Dragon, perhaps? It's already described as a lizard, after all.

Grookey I have no idea, I think they're not showing their hand yet. I could go for a Grass-Rock though, since we don't get those very often.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,983.4
    I feel like Grookey's evolved form may end up being a Fighting type and something tells my that Scorbunny's evolved form might be part Fairy. I'm not really sure what Sobble's evolved form will be, though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Grookey, I think, may end up as a Grass-Fighting Type
    Scorbunny will probably be Fire-Normal
    And I think Sobble might become a Water-Ground
    This is only speculation, as I've only seen fanart of them, and that's just how they strike me.

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,434.8
    Grookey - My early thought is Grass/Rock, but maybe Grass/Fighting as well?
    Scorbunny - Fire/Electric seems fitting, but I WANT ANOTHER FIRE/FIGHTING TYPE OKAY K
    Sobble - Water/Ice or Water/Dragon is my best guess. This one seems to have great potential!

These starters didn't impress me upon release, but hopefully they start growing on me soon.

5. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Grookey - Maybe Grass/Fighting? I'm not really sure.

Scorbunny - Most likely Fire/Electric. Might be Fire/Fighting as well, though I don't think a lot of people would be happy about that.

Sobble - The invisibility makes me think Water/Ghost. I have a feeling it could be Water/Poison as well.

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Grookey- I like the idea of Grass/Fighting like a lot of people have already said. My only issue is that that might make it too similar to Infernape. Grass/Dark might be kind of cool.

Scorbunny- pleasedon'tbefire/fightingpleasedon'tbefire/fightingpleasedon'tbefire/fightingpleasedon'tbefire/fightingpleasedon'tbefire/fightingpleasedon'tbefire/fighting You know, I really like it's white coloring, which I think its kind of an interesting choice. Like an arctic hare. Having a Fire/Ice type would be pretty cool.

Sobble- I'm going to guess pure water type?

Honestly I think all three of these would make good pure grass/fire/water types and I wouldn't be disappointed by that.

7. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    Grookey - I'm... really not so sure. I think It could remain pure Grass but I feel like they wouldn't do that. Maybe part Fighting, Ground or Rock but its really hard to tell right now.

Scorbunny - I have a terrible sinking feeling we'd be getting another Fire/Fighting Type. It already looks like its on its way there. But then again Litten did end up turning into a Fire/Dark instead of Fire/Fighting so we may be in for a twist here. I'd laugh it turned out to be Fire/Fairy though. I heard Fire/Electric is popular and I'd be totally on board with that. That sounds really neat!

Sobble - Water/Dragon or Water/Poison. Those two just seem the most fitting to me if they dont make the final evo into just a pure water type.

8. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Judging by the game being heavily influenced with British themes:

Sobble could go to revolving around the Nessie AKA the Loch Ness Monster seen in the Scottish highlands. Maybe have elements similar to a plesiosaur which was the basis of Lapras. If this is the case, I don't think they'll do a Lapras clone with water/ice. I'm thinking more of water/dragon, water/poison or maybe even water/ghost.

Grookey is really interesting because I'm not even sure where they'll take it. Going back to the British influence; a big speculation I had was the stick it wields that it puts in between its hair and was beating on the rock in its first appearance. It screamed DRUMMER. The British invasion with the huge music groups like the Beatles, Rolling Stones and Dave Clark Five were a big influence at the time. Plus Grookey sounds like Groovy...which was popular UK slang for "cool" and "hip" often associated with those types of music.
    It's difficult to pin down what typing it will be. Could just stay standard grass, but I wouldn't be surprised if it went grass/rock.

Scorbunny looks interesting too. (Naming it Chungus :P ) I know the fans don't want another fire/fighting type and it's always a possibility. Honestly, another fire/fighting type needs to just be available as a wild Pokémon from here on out rather than a starter. It's appearance reminds me a lot of a football (soccer) player, which is obscenely popular in the UK as well as the rest of Europe. Seeing from the trailer that we go into a stadium that resembles a football one, I'm hoping this could be the motif behind its design. Scor has that cool double meaning too with both "scorch" and "score"
    Type speculations? Obviously pure fire, but I'd like to see it be something like fire/electric or fire/normal.

Absolute Zero likes this.