1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spoilers [Spoilers] Which starter will you choose?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Gwoomy, Feb 27, 2019.

?

Which one?

1. Grookey

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Scorbunny

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. Sobble

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. Talarc

Talarc Swimmer

Muro
    (Whismur)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽935.8
    I'll be waiting to see the evolutions before I make a final decision, but at the moment I'm mostly torn between Grookey and Sobble. Grookey's design was the one that leapt out at me immediately when I watched the trailer, but Sobble has been growing on me as well. We shall see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I usually trade with myself so I have all three starters the first time I play through the game, but considering I absolutely loathe Sobble and Grookey and don't have a second Switch...yet...I will probably just start with Scorbunny and leave it at that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Sobble makes me wanna cry and reminds me of Lana Del Rey and her sad songs. So iḿ picking that sad boi.

4. Shade

Shade Sailor

Lux
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽380.5
    Ultra Ball
    I'm unable to make a final decision until I see the final evolutions and their secondary types but I am leaning towards Sobble or Grookie. A bit more so Sobble because the last time I chose the water type was in my first Black playthrough (I'm now in a second with Tepig).

5. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Sobble. Same personality, water types are more useful irl, and it's blue.

And now, for the Chelsea National Anthem (actually just the chorus)
    Blue is the color, football is the game!
    We're all together, and winning is our aim!
    So cheer us on through the sun and rain!
    Cause Chelsea, Chelsea is our name!

6. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    sobble squad!! he's so cute and i wanna hug him and tell him everything will be okay ;; me and my irls have already accepted scorbunny will be fire/fighting so we're all making a pact to pick sobble!!!

7. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    As my tradition goes, I will be picking the Fire Starter. So Scorbunny it is.

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    After a lot of consideration, Grookey is probably my favorite as of now. Of course, I will reserve my final decision for when I see their final forms, which are the most important part to me. I like all three equally, I just really like grass starters.

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    After a bit more time to process and think about the new starters, I'm still leaning towards Scorbunny as my favorite, but with Grookey as a very close second, with Sobble as a distant last. Of course, I'll need to see their fully evolved forms before making any final judgements and my opinions on these things tend to vary wildly over time, so who knows how I'll be feeling about them by the time the games come out.

10. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Am I the only one who is going with all three? Seriously, why do we even have to pick when there are methods to get them all? The truth is I like all three of them, particularly grookey, but I don't want just one.

11. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    I'm thinking about Grookey, but it all depends on their evolutions (Pls be Grass/Rock). If Scorbunny ends up being Fire/Electric, I'll may consider it over the others.

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Scorbunny is the only first stage evolution I really like at the moment, but I’ll wait before making my final decision. I was conflicted between Rowlet and Litten when they revealed, and their final evolutions helped me choose.

13. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I had a feeling I was going to go for a water starter and turns out I was right. Love this little dude. I think its name is kinda adorable.

Sobble

Sobble.

Read a rumor that its evolution line will have something to do with the Loch Ness monster. It would be pretty great if it were true. Imagine having a water/dragon starter with fairy-types as its only weakness.

Grookey is cute tho, it might be my second choice but I will wait until they reveal the evolutions.

14. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    It's way too early to say for sure but I do like Scorbunny.

15. SnakeWrangler

YEET
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    Sobble squad Sobble squad Sobble squad

More seriously I usually reach for water starters and I love the chameleon with anxiety

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'mm wait till I've actually seen more of the starters, but right now I'm leaning a lot towards Sobble but I won't decide until I've seen their final evolution.

17. Pika

Pika Hiker

Topaz
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽335.9
    i'm leaning toward scorbunny! i tend to go for fire a lot of the time anyway, but i absolutely do need to see the final evolutions before i make my final choice. the rumor that sobble is based on nessie is really interesting, but i'm excited to see what type scorbunny ends up as. fire/fighting is a Haha Funnie Meme *crying laugh emoji* but i like to think they might go for electric or pure fire

18. LuluRina

LuluRina Swimmer

(Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽294.5
    At first, I thought I was going to pick Sobble, but after drawing the three starters, I lent for Scorbunny more. IDK, it just seems like a cooler design.

19. Viktron

Viktron Bug Catcher

Gabe
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽45.7
    It's between Sobble and Scorbunny

Without seeing the evolutions, definitely Sobble.

20. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    My final pick will decide on what the final evolutions will be like but right now, I'm picking Sobble. I just don't really like the other two starters and Sobble looks cute and the fact it can turn invisible makes it cool too (even if its only lore based).