1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Music Spotify Premium vs Apple Music?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Let's hear it! They both cost $9.99 and have cheaper student versions. Paying for it lets you download songs for when you are off WiFi and skip songs you don't want to listen to!

If you have one or the other, which one and why?
    If you have none, what do you use and why so?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,460.6
    Neither, I use Pandora and Amazon because Pandora's free, and Amazon I like to get CDs from it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I use neither, because we have iTunes don't kill me please. It has a lot of problems but when it does work, it's just fine. On my phone I have a built-in music app and I just download music from iTunes onto there.

4. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    neither ^^ downloading from youtube into itunes works for me :)

5. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I get Spotify Premium included with my pay as I go top up deal for my phone so I'll be biased towards the former unfortunately. I've never tried Apple Music and don't intend to any time soon.

6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Paying for music? That's a novel idea! /shot

I do use iTunes - I've had an iPod for years, and I still find it useful - and I bought a few songs when I was in my teens, but I have far more important things to spend what little money I possess on...and when the music I want isn't usually available commercially (unless I want to import it for a small fortune) I don't have much of a choice but to either download or go without...and I don't see why I should have to go without just because something isn't released officially in my country.

...and I really don't like making digital purchases. I want to own what I buy.

7. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Isn't it a lot of hassle to download off youtube onto your phone? Since music tastes change a lot. That is why I want to get one of those services so when I want to listen to a new song, I can do without having to download.

8. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I've been a paying Spotify customer for over a year and I cannot imagine where I would be without it.

Personally, as an exclusive EDM listener, I really love how Spotify automatically suggests similar tracks to ones you've already listened to. The more I listen to certain EDM tracks, the better Spotfy's suggestions are, and as such my library has grown to like nearly 1,000 different songs compared to the handful that I would only listen to a year back.

9. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I use Spotify premium. I listen to music through it everyday and it's pretty great. The app is sometimes pretty glitchy though, but it's been working fine for the last 2 months for me so fingers crossed it continues working smoothly.
    The only downfall with Spotify is they're missing some albums and also bands, especially more underground ones. Overall though it's pretty good.

10. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
  11. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I still like using Pandora. If I want to listen to a song I like, I just use Youtube. I don't want to pay for something I can listen to for free elsewhere, and ads on Spotify have apparently been malicious in the past, so I don't trust it enough to use it anymore.

12. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Neither tbh, I rather download my music and or buy the physical than to pay for any of those services.

13. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    Free Spotify + adblockers

14. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I just got Spotify premium and damn is it nice to have the infinite skips. I wouldn't dare use apple music, we are an android family.

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I use youtube in my computer and only really download songs for on the go.

This allows me to remember songs I downloaded years ago and think about the ancient times where I listened to Breaking Benjamin and Dead by April.

16. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    free spotify>apple music
    trust me Ive used both and spotify is superior in literally every way possible

17. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    If I'm not listening to a vinyl, I am using Spotify. I've been on a family plan for over a year and it's really helped me expand my music taste. The recommendation system needs some work though. For every song I like, there's three or more that I'd rather do without. As for the audio quality, I noticed far fewer signs of compression compared to YouTube or Apple Music. Unless it's an unedited song from the 1950s, everything sounds nice and clear. I also kind of wish there was a white background option