1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spyro the Dragon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SnowboundBecca, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    I played Spyro Back in the Day, but never had a thought of going back to it so I'm not too interested.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    There is a interview with some Toys For Bob staff on the new trilogy, it was pretty interesting to hear their imput about the creation of the game and their look back on the original series.
    One really interesting thing they pointed out that I didn't notice- when Spyro uses his flame attack, the grass around the fire smolders and catches fire a bit!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I was so happy when I heard we'd get the first three games again, I'm getting it for sure I played the heck out of the first three especially Year of the Dragon, I have so many fond memories of those games.

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Another post from Spyro's Twitter came up just a moment ago with another picture of an updated level in Spyro 1. This one looks more... explosive. B)
    [​IMG]

#24 Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    :O PeaceKeepers Realm looks great! I wonder if they'll keep the soliders' mooning animation or if that'll be cut out..

6. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I hope they keep that in, because those animations were hilarious. :D

7. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Throughout all the news and screenshots for Spyro Reignited, there is only one thing that's been bugging me so far...
    [​IMG]
    It was never in the original game, and it's way too glamorous and obvious to ignore. What could it be hiding? Post Game content? A 100% completion bonus? A permanent Super Flame power-up like in the second game? Future DLC!?

What do you guys think?

#27 Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  8. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Keeping up with the Spyro Twitter, we've got another picture from the Peace Keepers' world. This one's my kind of level. *_*
    [​IMG]

9. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Has there been any screenshots from the 2nd and 3rd games released yet? All I've seen so far were for the OG one.

10. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    As far as I can tell, not yet. But they'll most likely be posted later towards the release date. We still got several months before then.

11. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    I can't wait to see Elora and Hunter, oh and the Hurricos natives! I wonder if Tom Kenny will voice them again? The natives sounded so much like Spongebob, I loved it <3

12. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I'm eager to see Frozen Altars! And what they'll do with the boxing minigame and the hockey game.

13. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Personally, I'd really love for them to fix the controls for the Yeti Boxing. I have no idea how ten-year-old me managed to get the skill point for that...

I'd also love to see those nightmarish snowmen again. They were terrifying in Year of the Dragon, and I hope they stay that way in the remake.

14. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    I've been re-playing Spyro 2 and hoowee I've been encountering a ton of glitches I've never experienced before. Accidental super jump, nearly clipped through buildings, and a audio glitch where several voice clips played at once!

Edit:
    OH. MY. GOD. I just had the weirdest Spyro 2 glitch!
    I was fighting a boss (Gulp), and got hit without sparx-instead of dying I was still alive and couldn't pause the game..until I died a few attacks later on.. WTF

#34 Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  15. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I love Spyro the Dragon! It was my very first home console game back in the day, and I played the heck out of the original trilogy, especially Year of the Dragon for some reason. I'm stoked for the Reignited Trilogy~
    I can't decide if I should pre-order physical or digital since it comes with the cool console theme.. Probably physical.
    I played some of the GBA games when I was still young. as well as Enter the Dragonfly (somehow I was too stupid to notice the myriad of technical issues) and A Hero's Tail is probably the best post original trilogy game. I think I played the first game in the reboot but I didn't even finish it? Didn't buy any more Spyro games after that.

16. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Started a 'speed run' of Spyro 1 (keeping track on how long it takes to complete a world, no intentional glitches, 99 lives cheat only).
    Started at 6:00
    Beat Artisans at 6:46 (46 minutes)
    Beat Peace Keepers at 7:40 (94 minutes?? I'm not good at maths-if someone can help out that would be great)
    Started day 2 at 3:00
    Beat Magic Crafters at 3:57 (57 minutes)
    Beat Beast Makers at 5:18 (161 minutes..?)

#36 Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  17. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7

4 days ago Insomniac Games uploaded a speedrun of Spyro 3, where they also discussed the development of Spyro 3 and stuff!

Poffin likes this.
  18. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    So many glitches I never knew of! Actually, the swimming in the sky glitches in Year of the Dragon were probably the first ever game glitches I discovered as a kid.

19. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Iirc either Burger King or McDonalds once had a Spyro toy giveaway, and I got one of the little Spyro figures. It was cute. Not sure where it went. Might've sold it at a yard sale years back >_>

Poffin and SnowboundBecca like this.
  20. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    ...Tragedy has struck my speed run of Spyro 1 @SnowboundBecca
    I started at 4:01 due to my game freezing 3 times (planned to start at 4:00 but the freeze made it a minute late)
    Beat Dream Weavers at 5:03 (102 minutes?)
    And then...The game messed up at Gnorc Gnexus. I beat Gnorc Cove but the next level didn't open up. Perhaps it was because I might have exited through the pause menu? I don't think I did, but that may be it.
    I'm too upset to try right now..