1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spyro the Dragon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SnowboundBecca, Apr 5, 2018.

1. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Oof, that's tragic... Well, that's old games for you. Never know when you'll run into a game-breaking glitch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    ASdfdsafh It wasn't a bug but a development oversight, and have fixed my problem! @SnowboundBecca the run is back on!!
    Started back up at 6:00
    Beat Gnasty Gnorc at 6:26 (26 minutes)
    At 6:41 the game is completed 120%! (15 minutes)

adding up the times I have jolted down, I have estimated that I can beat Spyro 1 in ~501 minutes!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #42 Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  3. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    just wanted to say i went digging through the boxes above the dryer and washing machine and managed to find my spyro 3 game, albeit a bit.. dusty, but i'm sure it works. i haven't checked though since i was waiting to get a new ps2 controller (which my boyfriend graciously bought for me through amazon and sent to me <3) but uhm.. i plan to play it as soon as my sister gets home, so we can both enjoy it together! i'l let you all know how it goes if you like. 'tis been a while since i have played spyro 3. about..5 years or something i think? watching jacksepticeye, my favorite youtuber, play it like almost a year ago when i was binge watching a bunch of his playthroughs made me want to play it again but i couldn't since my ps2 controller was busted.

but anyways, i plan to play it again as soon as my sister gets home so..i'm excited for that. i would play the remaster but.. it's not coming out on any systems i have sadly.

4. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    More comparison screenshots from the Spyro twitter!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ah, High Caves. The helpful fairies, the terra-forming druids, those surprisingly scary giant metal spiders... Good times. :D

6. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Thanks for reminding me about the metal spiders... repressed childhood memory. I don't wanna see what they look like in HD. T_T
    I remember those Devil Dogs in Dark Passage and the plant things in Misty Bog being creepy too.

7. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Yeah, they were some of the most frightening enemies in Spyro 1. But my least favorite of the bunch has to be those darn Attack Frogs... *shudder*

"They're cold-blooded killers!"

8. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    We've also got some concept art of the new High Caves from Toys For Bob today. And of course, they had the audacity to throw in a spider emoji in their tweet... They freaking knew... It's super pretty though.
    [​IMG]

9. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Oh man, High Caves. I remember the run I did last week- made it through the first floor of the caves without getting hit (did get all the gems) then nearly died on the second floor. It was difficult for me to kill all those spiders!!

10. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    We've got another sneak peek at the Spyro Reignited Trilogy today on Spyro's Twitter! This time, we're going back to the Artisan's World to take a look at one of the most beloved levels in the first game. Ole!

#50 May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  11. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    @SnowboundBecca The video doesn't work. It says that the clip is unavailable. :'C

12. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    @Shadria

I don't think I can link to Twitter, but check the latest tweet from @SpyroTheDragon

13. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    I fixed it so it links to Spyro's Twitter instead. Hope that helps!

14. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I've never been too close with Spyro games but I do remember playing one when I was pretty young (not sure which game it was but it was quite good). I'm excited to see the remasters, I'll probably get the game on release!

15. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    We got some more concept art from Toys For Bob (I'm sensing a pattern now). Here are some more detailed character artwork of the bull-taming Gnorc and the bull from Town Square!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    We got ourselves some more Spyro Reignited Trilogy news. This time from an article on GameInformer.
    upload_2018-5-16_18-0-11.png

Ignoring the small misspelling (anyone would likely do the same given their excitement to get this news out), note the underlined phrase at the end of the paragraph.
    "New orb challenges". What does this mean!? Will there be more stuff to do in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage and then some?
    Hard to say at this point, but if this means more replayability for this game, I'm all for it. :D

What do you guys think?​

17. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    [​IMG]
    Some new comparison images of Dark Hollow!

18. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Oooh, nice! *_*

19. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Once again, Toys For Bob tweets out some more concept art for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Here's a quick look at the interior rooms of a beloved Artisans' World level, now with more books.
    [​IMG]

20. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I do not like Funko Pops but there will be a Spyro one in September to coincide with the Reignited Trilogy release.
    [​IMG]