1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spyro the Dragon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SnowboundBecca, Apr 5, 2018.

1. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Man I wish this would come out already, but at least is next month now right? I really wanna relive all the good memories I had with these games again since I can't play the originals anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  3. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I return from this weekend to find more Spyro updates from Twitter. This time, we're taking a look at... personally speaking, one of my least favorite levels. Not to say it's bad; it actually looks quite nice. It just so happens to have my least favorite enemy and worst orb challenge in Spyro 2 for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PoserPanda likes this.
  4. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Oh my it looks amazing, they're really going all out with the remastered versions.

5. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Good news everyone! We got another clip from Spyro's Twitter, and it shows off both the Professor from Spyro 2 and his favorite lab monkey, Agent 9 from Spyro 3! However, this clip actually comes from the ending sequence for Spyro 3, so be aware that there are ending spoilers here (that is, if you haven't finished the original game at all yet).

Also, the Reignited Trilogy's release is exactly 1 month away! I'm so excited!*_*

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    The professor and Agent 9 looks great! I'm so excited to see the mass of Reignited 100% streams online, lol!

7. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
  8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Trouble with the trolley, eh?

9. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
  10. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    We got ourselves a launch trailer people! *_*

11. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Why a launch trailer already? Don't make me think it's November or something. T_T

12. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    With the release of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy right around the corner, we got some more Spyro 3 gameplay courtesy of Canadian Guy Eh (as a fellow Canadian myself, I salute him), who was personally invited by Toys For Bob to play a demo of the game.
    Along with the whole level, we also get some Agent 9 gameplay. From what I can imagine, he plays less like Golden Eye and more like Rachet & Clank, which is an improvement I greatly appreciate.

13. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    I remember that level! It looks fantastic, can't wait to see it all once it gets released.

14. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Spyro's out it a little less than 2 weeks! I'm so excite.

15. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
  16. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
  17. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Breaking news! We've got some more footage courtesy of IGN showing off Ripto's fight and the Sorceress!

Now, some personal thoughts. Ripto look fantastic, and it's easy to tell that his original voice actor is reprising his role as him. Spyro's powered-up form looks badass too. He'll likely have different forms depending on what power up he has, and I can't wait to see them!

As for the Sorceress. She definitely sounds more regal than she was ominous in the original. Chances are her later lines will begin to shift from this to cruel as the game progresses, which I hope this is the case. Besides that, her design looks amazing.

7 days remain until Spyro Reignited Trilogy is officially released.

18. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy is now 3 days away from release, and Spyro's Twitter is already putting out a bunch of posts for the occasion.
    https://twitter.com/SpyroTheDragon/status/1060713571716349954 Before you ask, yes. The booty was confirmed by Toys For Bob themselves.

I think that's all I'm going to be posting here until the game officially comes out. I am already seeing people who were lucky enough to play the game for an hour, so I'm going to be avoiding anymore stuff from it until I get to play it for myself.

See you all on November 13th! :thumbsup:

19. Swan

Swan Tuber

Caterpie
    (Caterpie)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    how does the remake of a game push their release... what are they doing, adding content? o.O

20. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    As I remember, it was because Toys For Bob became a bit too ambitious about how difficult it can be to actually make a game, especially when a large fan base doesn't agree with too many of the changes that were made. I think that it was silly of T.F.B. to think that they could finish a game in three months. Was there new content added? Maybe. There is one video I can remember that had the big heads behind T.F.B. say that maybe seeing a few new things in the game wouldn't be amiss. Hence,
    Spyro gaining a new look when he gains a super fire charge up. This look originally came from Skylander's Spyro, and to me I think it is an unnecessary change.