1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article Staff Interview - LunarRabbitPikachu

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eclipse, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Welcome back to my office, my fellow Valourians! ...What? Don't look at me like that; I have an open-door policy.

In any case, for those who don't know me, my name is Eclipse, and I'm part of the Writers team at Lake Valor, publishing interviews every so often. For those who do know me, though, I just want to let you know that I publish interviews every so often.

If you may recall from my previous interview, I pledged to, ideally, interview somebody who doesn't have a mustache. I am now making good on that promise by interviewing [member=LunarRabbitPikachu], our long-standing artist and role-playing moderator who, as far as I am aware, does not have a mustache. Speaking for myself, she's one of my longer-standing friends here, and she's always fun to talk to, what with the many alter egos bouncing around her head. And I'm sorry to disappoint any of her RP fans, but they are sitting quietly for this interview today.

Now then, shall we?

Questions asked by Eclipse, the interviewer, will be in this colour.
    Answers given by LunarRabbitPikachu, the interviewee, will be in this colour.

::::

Hello again, Lunar. I'm glad you took the time out of your busy schedule to see me for this interview; it means a lot to me.
    Let's begin with an introduction. Who are you, and can you tell the audience a little bit about yourself?

Hello!! My name is LunarRabbitPikachu, or you guys can call me Lunar, Luna, or Ashlee for short. I'm the gal who loves to role-play, play Pokémon games, and doodle Pokémon and anthropomorphic characters!

I'm not sure how you get 'Ashlee' out of 'LunarRabbitPikachu', but I'll take your word for it.
    Speaking of which, how did you come up with your username? I'm sure there's an interesting tale behind it.

Well, funny story. The username is the specie of an OC I've had since I was in middle school. She's a white/turquoise anthropomorphic lunar rabbit during the day, but is changed to a lunar white Pikachu at night thanks to her curse. My avatar shows what she looks like in the day time most of the time ewe'

Ah, yes, I've seen your avatars have the same character in them often. Presently, it looks like she's the one on the right of your avatar, yes?
    Let's talk about your earlier days. What initially brought you to Lake Valor? But beyond that, what made you stay at Lake Valor?

I was working on a Pokémon fanfic on Fanfiction.net and received an email from [member=Achromatic] about LV. At first I was unsure of what to do since I was really shy. However, I noticed a lot of topics that were Pokémon-related and had to join. But for the first few days, I was still very shy and did not talk much; plus, I started college and I had to focus on it too. But after a while and doing some RPs, I started to get to know some of the members on the site and it felt like home. Since then, I've been on LV everyday. :sweat:

College is pretty demanding, and so is Lake Valor, at times - there's a lot of people around and a lot of things to do, and it's very hard to get acclimated.
    Do you have any fond memories of your early days, that really helped you ease into the site? Perhaps a certain topic or role play, or meeting a specific person?

Hmm... Where should I start? I actually have a lot of fond memories here in LV. I know the first role play I've done here is the Pokémon Roleplay, which I did with [member=shinygiratinaz], [member=TehAbsol], [member=Cira], and [member=TripleAAABattery]. It was a lot of fun! And that kind of got me to make my own RP, but it didn't get very popular. :sweat: As time went on, I got to do a bit of one-on-one RPs with [member=Aura]. I also became buddies with [member=Kouhai] in one of the LV Buddy Events and we learned a lot about each other from liking Kingdom Hearts. X3

Those are some really excellent ways to connect up with people. I'm glad to hear that your initial foray into LV was so exciting for you!
    Speaking of LV, what's your favourite part about Lake Valor, and why?

My favorite part about LV would probably be the Roleplay Institute and learning more about Pokémon. I love to role-play and create story plots with other members! As for Pokémon, I have been a fan of Pokémon for about 18 (once December 14th passes, it'll be 19) years. I've played all the games, watched the anime, and read their info and listened to their video game cries. When I arrived here, I realized how little I knew about what's going on and that there are competitive battles. So, I wanted to learn more about Pokémon and competitive battles along with making new friends.

Almost 19 years? That's actually pretty amazing, to see you with the franchise for so long. It also means that you've been a fan of Pokémon since you were about 2 years old.
    That surprises me, as it's uncommon for someone to become a fan of something so early, so who or what introduced you to Pokémon to begin with, all those years ago?

The person who introduced me to Pokémon is *drum rolls* my mother. I kept hearing some strange noises and started to try to imitate them. When my mom noticed, she showed me Pokémon Red and how it works. Since then, I've been with Pokémon ever since. :)

It isn't often I hear stories about parents getting their children into video games, but those are always some of my favourite stories to hear, no matter how small they may be.
    What is your current role(s) on Lake Valor? How did you come into it, and how do you feel about it?

My current role here in LV is Moderator of the Creative Corner, Portfolio, Roleplay Institute, Music, Computers & Technology, and Hangout Café sections. I was once a part of a group called the Mentors, a group of users who welcomed and helped new members around LV. I was asked by one of the staff members to help moderate some forums that were available, and I accepted it. When I became a Moderator, I felt a lot of responsibility on my shoulders which helps me feel more motivated.

I remember the Mentors! When I first joined the forum, I looked up to them, as something I could aspire to be. So I suppose you served as an indirect inspiration for me.
    You've been here for a fair while now, so how long did it take you to 'get used to' Lake Valor? Or are you still getting used to it?

To be honest, I do not think I will ever get used to LV. After all, there are always going to be some changes going on around LV and who knows what's new. :sweat:

LV is certainly a very dynamic place, always moving and reacting to new events - but that's part of what helps keep things here fresh and exciting, I suppose.
    Now, let's focus less on Lake Valor and more about yourself. Do you have any hobbies? What sorts of things do you enjoy doing?

I love to doodle from time to time, along with playing video games. I like to mostly try new styles of drawing anthro styles and new Pokémon. I sometimes read manga and fanfics, along with watching some cartoons and anime.

Your gallery on Lake Valor is fairly popular and frequented by many of the people here. I've seen how your works and style gradually change over time, so it is nice to see what you enjoy and are most comfortable with, drawing-wise.
    When did you start drawing (or just entering the art sphere in general), and what inspired you to continue with it?

I started drawing when I was in 7th grade (13 years old). I was inspired by the Sonic art at first and noticed other people had made their own characters in that style as well. One day during school, I got bored and just randomly started doodling. After class was over and I arrived back home, my parents saw my art and were impressed by it. So, I started doing some more art of that style and got into anthro and Pokémon art on my 2nd year of college. Although, I never took a lot of art classes since my dad thinks I should be an accountant and focused mostly on those classes. But in time, I've learned to do art myself and that's how I got to it.

That's certainly a lot of time to get practise in. The more you do something, the more comfortable you become with it, and I can definitely see that. Now you're off at college taking art classes and really showing yourself to the world; you're doing a great job!
    While we're on the topic, how do you want people to think of you, or remember you?

I guess I want people to remember me as the anthro rabox (mix of rabbit and fox) who loves Pokémon and role-playing. Even though, I am shy and quiet most of the time. ewe'

Just because you're shy doesn't mean you won't be remembered - the people who've been around you often will remember who you are, even many years from now.
    Are there any particular qualities you really like about yourself?

I guess what I like about myself is that I tend to not quit when things get rough. I guess I got so used to being bullied back in the past, I usually learned to ignore it and just keep doing what I love to do.

Ah, determination. It keeps us going even in tricky or difficult times, and it's good to hear you have plenty of it to spare. Now if only it could be shared...
    Last question, do you have any people (either here at Lake Valor or outside) that you like, respect, look up to, or otherwise admire? If so, why do you admire those people? (You can mention as many or as few people as you wish.)

I admire my mom the most. She was always there for me when I was in need of help or when she sees that I need help. Whenever I was upset or having trouble, she was always there to comfort me.

Your mother seems definitely very supportive. Between getting you into Pokémon and being there for you in time of need, it seems she's been a big part of your life.
    I think those are all the questions I need to ask right now. It's been a pleasure to interview you, and I hope this helps the Lake to get to know you a little better. Do you have anything else you'd like to say before we bring this to a close?

Let's see.... I'M READY FOR SUN & MOON!!! WHO'S WITH ME?!! :D

::::

Who's with her, indeed.

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen - thus concludes my interview with LunarRabbitPikachu. Some of this you may have already known, but I believe we've all learned quite a bit about her. I know she was a little apprehensive about being interviewed at first (probably because she was expecting a real-time interview), but she dove right into the questions wholeheartedly, and then some - I really appreciate you working with me, Lunar; it does mean a lot.

As always, thank you everyone for taking a bit of time to read my ramblings, and I hope they did help to enrich your day if only a little. Now then, I believe Lunar has run off to wait for Sun & Moon, which will hit the streets any day now, so I won't keep any of you any longer either. See you in the next interview!

◈◈ From the desk of Eclipse, the Pure-Black Dragon ◈◈