1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Stall Game

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Xarn, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I have seen that the Stall Game is becoming more popular actually, so I decided to ask.
    • What do you think about the Stall Game?
    • Do you think that it is good?
    • Do you accept it as a way of playing?
    • It is annoying for you?
    • Do you play Stall?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    If the stalling in to a minimum, then I don't mind. If it drags on for hundreds of turns, that's when I wanna rip my hair out and punch a fake hole in the wall. Altogether, I don't like stalling, and I don't do it myself if I can help it.

3. NativeBlasion

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.8
    -Its a legitimate way to play, but god is it annoying. Especially with prankster Pokémon, stall games are reminiscent for when evasion moves were popular.

- It is most definitely good and effective, since it works

- I accept it as a way of playing, but, I frown upon it.

- Most definitely annoying for me

- I play very minimal stall now, though I do have a few Pokémon. But before, I had a team of cosmic power clefable and prankster sableye, which was evil to say the least

4. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.8
    Stall is god. Also, I can't believe you made another thread. I already made a stall thread, y'know.

The thing that really revived stall was M-Sableye. Due to the Steel nerf and the Knock Off buff, stall was pretty much crap in XY. M-Sableye stall is pretty amazing though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Stall can be so annoying to face, but yes I do stall. Gliscor is my favorite Pokémon overall and in competitive too, so it would make sense that I would do some stalling, haha.

6. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    I'm looking at THAT PERSON with the TWO-HUNDRED TURN TRYOUT BATTLE.

You know who you are, Slowbroonguss.

In all seriousness, though, that was more my fault than his. It was a good game.

I do love a good stall-fest on Showdown, but on Cartridge matches Stall becomes incredibly time-wasting.

Noctis likes this.
  7. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    Stall is the road for winning!
    If your team cant stall a tiny bit, you cant win a match!
    Thats the truth! Also, stall makes you understand the opponents team better!

fabe1089 likes this.
  8. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Stall is honestly one of the best playstyles out there. While I have personally never used a stall team, I can definitely see the appeal in them. I will also agree that they can be extremely annoying to face, especially now that Mega Sableye is practically a essential member of every stall team. The only reason why I don't use stall teams is because the battles go on FOREVER! Then again, they are called STALL teams for a reason.

9. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Stalling is a legitimate strategy.
    Yes I think it is good, it makes the walls of Pokémon shiny even brighter.
    Yes! Anything that works really.
    It is annoying at time, but most of the time I can over come it.
    I've only played stall a couple of times (With the Main Pokémon being Chansey/Blissey)

10. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    I do find stalling extremely annoying though... it is a strategy after all. I must say I even have some of my very own stallers on my own teams for my cartridge games. The reason why though is literally because almost every team I go against usually has some sort of stall on it. (So annoying!)

However, with that being said, without a stall it is sometimes impossible to beat a team. Without my stall Shuckle, I wouldn't have been able to defeat a pure Arceus team that I recently went against online. (6 Arceus is way more annoying than one or two stalls.)

I do personally wish that Game Freak would rework all the Pokémon and their movesets... and rework them well. Stalling is rather OP unless you've come absolutely prepared for it.. and it is a cheap game tactic no matter how many ways you look at it. Some strategies will be better than others, but when you lose to a team full of stalls that carry protect and toxic each... that is absolutely irritating and to me, not sportsmanlike at all.

Xarn likes this.
  11. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Stall is probably one of my staple strategies.
    I'm a big fan of stalling out a Pokémon to faint from toxic damage, etc. because it's a "necessary evil" to be some teams. If you're inflexible in your strategy to win, you should never lose. If you lose, be more flexible!
    As those have said above, stall is annoying when used against you, but it's great fun to employ. Yes, it does require skill and correct predictions, more so than many strategies (somehow people don't believe that at first). I love this play style a lot, and I don't think it gets enough credit in Smogon settings.

12. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I'm not good at following stuff so i'm just going to speak my mind.

I think the whole meta is shaped around stall, the reason deffogers are here and stall breakers are here and wall breakers... the whole meta is based around stall. Just look at the long list. Switchins, toxic, hazards, spinning... all of these methods were born and originated from stall. You look at the stall team and they do exactly what you do with a Pokémon. With a team. I don't mind stall, if you know how to get rid of it (consisting of pursuit trapping and magic guard/bounce) it can be a massive weight off your shoulders. I don't play stall, its never really suited me, i'm more balanced. Anyway. Thats my opinion...

BYYYYYYYE

13. fabe1089

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Stall is my favorite battling strategy. I really enjoy matches that go to 100+ turns.

I have a few teams that are purely dedicated to stall, such as my Pink Blobs team, which consists of 4 Pokémon with healing moves, two of them are Wish, and one Pokémon which has dual screens. I also had a team once that was purely centered around Toxic + Protect, and I've also used an all-Pressure team.

14. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.8
    @[member="fabe1089"] If you're ever on the Showdown server, send a battle my way. :DI'm the god of stall (and stall-breaking)

15. A Wild Morgan Freeman

PokéPoints:
    ₽49.1
    Stall is the only way to play. It is the right way,

All of my teams are based around stall.

Stall is love, stall is life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.