1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6

Well, the first trailer of the new Star Wars movie - and the last in the "Skywalker Saga" - has finally dropped. Any thoughts you'd like to share? Theories? Anything you hope to see, or not see? Excitement levels?

As for me...excuse me whilst I prematurely file this one away with all the other bad Star Wars movies...which is all of them except for the originals.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Rezna likes this.
  2. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Don't insult my prequels! Sure, the acting is awful but if you know the memes, it's like Will Smith in the taxi with the camera in the Fresh Prince opening! You can see all the famous prequel memes, which is basically every line! The sequel memes suck anyways.
    Also, I can't wait to watch this when I get home.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    LordEevee2005 and LadySmugleaf like this.
  3. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I am still hopeful. It is unlikely I will come to love it, but it could very well be a good movie if they learn from a few key mistakes. My favorite new trilogy character is Finn, and his arc was basically over after the Force Awakens, so I’m hoping they don’t cast him aside again. They could still do something interesting with Kylo. Rey is a lost cause for my investment, but she can still be used to give other characters emotional weight. Po was basically a plot device in both movies, so I hope he gets a better showing. I don’t know how I feel going into it, but I still have enough hope for a twinge of excitement. At the very least it’ll probably have good action scenes.

4. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Prequel memes are the best memes.

I'm curious to see how this will turn out tbh. I don't want to cast any judgements now, so I don't walk in with any expectations.
    Though I am wondering about the whole title. Pretty sure Luke was the last of them. Unless he had a child (probably ray) or Rey adopted the skywalker name as an "F U kylo" or whatever.

Let's be honest, I'm pretty sure the reylo ship has sunk, so I want to see what happens to Rose and Finn. And get some more snark from Poe. Though I hope the events from episode 8 helped curb his reckless actions. Though it looks more like a time skip happened instead of happening directly after the events of episode 8. We shall see though.