1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured Starters - step 2 - Artwork/Spriting!

Discussion in 'LV Fan Region: Meroi' started by Jeydis, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Alright things have been pretty quiet lately, I think we need to try to get some more things solidified with artwork and sprites. Let's start with the beginning, the Starters!

Post artwork/spritework below of how you imagine the first stages of the starters. Once we have a good amount of entries I will set up a poll so we can get somethings set in stone.

Here are the concepts that were agreed upon:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Haha! First!

I posted a sketch of this ong ago in the discord server but I made a much better one and gave it a name! Feel free to change the name though even I think its a bit uninspired.

[​IMG]

Cubble - Grass Starter
    (Name derived from Cub, Bud, Pebble, Cuddle and Cobble)
    Grass-Rock

Cubble are a rare species of Pokémon found in the mountains of Meroi. Cubble are young and playful Pokémon, who love to traverse and explore the kountain ranges they call home. Young and naiive, they will approach anything they find interesting with excitement and curiosity. Though they can navigate a mountain much better than any normal child can, they are still quite clumsy and stumpy, so they evolved to better protect themselves at this vunerable child stage before they get to evolve. Their dull grey-brown-green color scheme allows them to blend in with the mountains and the various rock formations that cover their head and joints keeps them from hurting themsslves too much.

Cubble has inspiration from mountain climbing as the main animal is a mountain lion. Cubble has a big rocky helmet covering their head (just like Cubone and its skull) and has joint potection to ressemble protective climbing gear. The rocky spots also mimic a mountain lion cubs spot patterns. The moss on its back also resemble that of a young cheeta cubs fur, where they disguise themselves as another animal with the fur pattern before it slowly fades away to the distinctive spotted pattern we see on adults.

Hope you like my little cat :D

Dwight, Jeydis and Captain Comet like this.
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I love them! I like the helmet and elbow pads, works perfectly for the theme.