1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Steel pyhsical or special attackers?

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by GL-Diamond, Dec 23, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GL-Diamond

GL-Diamond Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    If its all right but I have a question to ask. Its same to me I never seem to make the right calls on making a good Steel type mono team, for one I like to use mainly Physical attackers because that is what i mainly know of my steel type Pokémon, yes I know Lucario and magnezone I Special attackers which I run them as, most of the time I run Lucario as a mix, but for some reason I'm critsided for runing 5 Physical attackers so I can cover their weakness better. It seems that is not right for me to do, I like to mainly run attacks not stat moves which I'm learning to use more then not using, but something holds me back, and that is what is steel better as.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    well it depends on your play style but with steel being a type that lacks special attackers is kind of understandable for you to mainly use psychical attackers although you gonna get a bad time against things like gliscor or skarmory and magnezone cant handle everything, if i were you i would try to mix the team more, make Lucario full special if you want or add heatran on your team also empoleon is a decent special attacker and can also being your defoger

also if you use a team with only attacking moves you gonna have a bad time no matter what, theres other things aside from hitting as hard as you can, the strategy count as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GL-Diamond

GL-Diamond Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    @[member="Fantasma"] Yeah I'm still working with it to see what will work with or not but I made Steelix full wall and Lucario is full Special and I shall see what the next move with the team will be. :)

4. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Overall, the type does lack special attackers. However, I do appreciate Lucario, Empoleon, and Magnezone and how they have great special attack stats. Flash Cannon is also a good move that is obviously meant for special attackers. I think I like special attacking steel types overall :).

5. GL-Diamond

GL-Diamond Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    As do I just for some reason I cant seem to work out a good Steel team the would be pretty even in pyhsical and special.

6. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Physical attackers are good but for a team to work properly, you'll definitely need more than 1 special attacker otherwise you'll have a huge problem fighting physical walls. I don't think it's a question of whether physical or special attackers are better for a steel monotype. Rather, I think you absolutely need to balance the two. I'm going to suggest Heatran to you - it's definitely an important Pokémon to have on a steel type team and it works as a good special attacker.

7. GL-Diamond

GL-Diamond Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Alright heatran it is lucky that I'm on to see this, and thanks for the help. Heres a pet pev of mine I dislike people when they tell me how to make and run a team if you say "I suggest you use this Pokémon with this item and theses moves" I understand that you are helping me not telling me what I should use, so yeah Thank you

8. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    Well expect magnezone and maybe lucario,
    steel types are PSYSICAL!(including aegislash)!
    they are really strong and rhey can cover any weakness so dont worry man!

9. GL-Diamond

GL-Diamond Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    alright i'll keep working on the team

10. Barrage

Barrage Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I like specially attacking Steel Types if you can get them since Steel hits lots of types neutrally, and the Pokémon who have types that resist Steel are usually physically defensively oriented (Steel and Water types) or mostly squishy (Fire types, barring Heatran). I think Flash Cannon is an amazing move for this reason. Physical attacks like Heavy Slam can be unreliable, and have poor distribution. Iron Head has better distribution and is more reliable, but again, I prefer the special alternative in Flash Cannon for the reasons stated above. Hope this kind of helps!

11. GL-Diamond

GL-Diamond Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    yeah i have three special attackers two physically attackers and there is Steelix my wall

12. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Two of my favorite steels are physical attackers (Metagross and Steelix) so physical steels pls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.