1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Stories that stay with you.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by XxSoulEaterxX, Nov 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxSoulEaterxX

XxSoulEaterxX Purple People Eater

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Were there any games where the story stayed with you? I personally loved the Kingdom Hearts story as well as Crisis Core. Have you played any games that you will always remember?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Final Fantasy VI and IX on their own merit, and also Super Mario RPG. The story there is pretty simple, but I played that game so many times as a child, it's one of my all time favorite games ever and I'll always remember it.

3. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    It's more of a humorous than memorable story but as young kid I used to play a game in an arcade emulator known as Kid Niki. I thoroughly enjoyed that game but for some reason I could never defeat one of the bosses in an early stage, aptly named Death Breath because his foul breath harmed your character. I still have fond memories of that game and it'll be cool to come back to it sometime soon.

If I think of any others, I'll update it here.

4. XxSoulEaterxX

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I'm a Final Fantasy fan as well. :) I've played quite a few of the games (VII, X, X-2, XII, XIII) Also, Mario was always fun to play.

That's really cool Fooze! I look forward to hearing from you if you think of any others.^^

5. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Final Fantasy is a quality jRPG series. I really recommend VI and IX, they are my two personal favorites. IV and V are also good, although V is quite hard and involves a lot of Class and Ability combination tweaking, especially late in the game when certain bosses are literally unbeatable without the right combination of class and ability. I believe that its difficulty is why it stayed in Japan until 1999 despite being made in '92, as some times in the past Japan did not release games to North America and other places due to thinking they would be too hard to be enjoyed, where as Japanese gamers are known for loving challenges.

6. Agent Shade

Agent Shade Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I honestly really loved the ending of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future; heck, I'm even writing a fanfiction based off the aftermath of the ending. I also loved Pokémon Diamond's plot; Sinnoh is my favorite region. Most games I've plays either lack an ending or I never got to finishing them, so I can't really think of any others.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. XxSoulEaterxX

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Cool, I'm definitely gonna try those two out. As for VI and V, I love a good challenge so I'll definitely be playing those as well.

Yes, I liked Pokémon Diamond too and a fanfiction sounds awesome! I wish you luck with that. :)

8. Future Insight

Future Insight Resident League of Legends Fanatic

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Can't really say a story but the experiences from playing Ragnarok Online [private server: qRO] was thoroughly enjoyable.

9. Iai

Iai Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Not surprised to see FF mentioned here, I can agree with that too. All of the FF games had pretty memorable stories, FFVII was the one closest to me though. Crisis Core broke my heart ;u;

The entire SMT series is very memorable though, there's so much food for thought and I love the alignment/ending system (Chaos, Law or Neutral). Same with the spin-off Persona series. I think Persona 3 was amazing story-wise, for most of the game you're lead to believe one thing and then at the end it has a very unexpected plot twist near the end. I've never wanted to cry during a final boss fight before but I was almost in tears for that.

Ah, sad endings are always the easiest to remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.