1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Summer Scenery Photography Contest

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Neb, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Summer Scenery!
    In order to prevent Kyurem's attack we need to find Keldeo. Based on past Pokédex entries, the Sword of Justice is most often seen heading towards large bodies of water. If you can successfully photograph a place where Keldeo could be found, we may be one step closer to finding him.

Rules and Info

Photograph either a body of water or the kind of place Keldeo would visit! Whether you use a phone or a professional camera, anything works. At the end of the event, our team will judge the entries based on three categories.

Category 1 - Composition
    This is how well the photo is taken. Interesting angles and solid lighting are essential to doing well in this category

Category 2 - Editing
    Can you adjust the brightness, saturation, noise, and other cool parts of your photo? Doing so can really turn your photo into a masterpiece

Category 3 - Creativity
    Did you take a really cool and interesting picture of nature and show us something unique? Unconventional perspectives and interesting filter use is the perfect way to stand out!

- For verification, write your username on a piece of paper and hold it by the location at which you're taking your photo. This verification picture can be separate from your main entry and doesn't need to have the same angles, lighting etc. We just need the same general location to know it's you!

Prizes and Deadlines

We will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each of the categories mentioned above!

First Place in a Category — 50 Points
    Second Place in a Category — 30 Points
    Third Place in a Category — 20 Points

Participation -- 10 Points + the Summer Scramble 2020 Participation Medal

All entries must be submitted by 11:59 EST on July 31st, 2020

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I have a question. Is it 1 member per team or can all member of the same team post photo"s??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I believe it should be all members can enter!

Neb and Pirate Captain like this.
  4. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    [​IMG]
    I took it because I had the opportunity today while out with @DoctorAlakazam while waiting to get cherries. This is at Sodus Point looking out to Lake Ontario. The Lighthouse is the signifying where Sodus Bay and Lake Ontario meet. This was taken by my phone, thus the quality.

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Here’s my entry!
    [​IMG] This is at Fort Walton Beach (I think that’s what it was called?) in Destin, Florida.
    [​IMG]

Neb and SAF like this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    This old photo of mine was taken at Banaran Lake in Sukorejo, Kendal, Central Java. Going there was quite a challenge thanks to the 8 km trip on what you would call an off-road route, but still...
    IMG-20180226-WA0040.jpg
    upload_2020-7-26_12-45-22.jpeg
    Fun fact: the girl in the photo is me.

Jupjami, Neb and Jeydis like this.
  7. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,597.0
    I'm not sure if this counts as a "body of water", but it seems like a place Keldeo might visit, so...
    In 2015, I had the opportunity to visit a few places in Europe. If I remember correctly, on the day I took this picture, I was visiting the Hintertux Glacier in Austria. Towards the base, there was some meltwater making this little stream.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Neb, SAF and Jeydis like this.
  8. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    SAF likes this.
  9. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Echoing what Jup said, I'm surprised you can use old pictures. I personally feel like that shouldn't be a thing; it should be just like the Fakemon and Armor challenges where you can't submit something you've made for another past event. Granted, I know that going out to take pictures can be a little troublesome given the current world circumstances, but using old pictures kinda kills the point of this event in my opinion.

Jupjami likes this.
  10. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I think the main reason for this is due to the pandemic. Depending on where people live, heading out to locations like this may not be possible. Personally I have had massive heatwaves that made it really tough to even go out X_X I think this is a good compromise.

Here is my submission, I have always preferred lakes and ponds to oceans and such. Might be my love for frogs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#10 Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Jupjami and SAF like this.
  11. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Well had to shrink them, so had to go on my laptop anyway,
    this came out best, I made this while I was walking my dog and this is also the best I could do.
    Also sorta, seeing those great photo's, if I knew that was possible, I would have chosen a photo of my holidays, anyway. here it is

Attached Files:

Jupjami, SAF and Jeydis like this.
  12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Took this on my trip to Hawaii last year! Mountain lighthouse overlooking the sea, I think it'd be a neat place for a Keldeo to watch the horizon and ponder life's questions.

Summer Photography 2020 OZF.png

Attached Files:

13. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    There was a nearby creek, which seemed like a likely spot to spot him.
    SS Photo.jpg

And of course. Proof:
    SS Proof.jpg

14. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    Hello everyone! The deadline has been extended to the 31st for any last minute submissions.

15. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    The results have been decided!

1st Place: Sanianisa
    2nd Place: ID Zeta
    3rd Place: Ozone Fruit

Thanks for all of your wonderful entries everyone!

OzoneFruit and SAF like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.