1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sun and moon ball inheritance

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Strytho, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    So this is something that came to my attention in the past couple of days that I thought people might want to know.

I did a guide in gen 5 about bank balls and ball inheritance which you might want to read to get a better idea on this one.

Ball inheritance has been updated in gen 7 and man did it get a huge overhaul. In gen 6 we saw that female Pokémon always passed on their balls and that male Pokémon could pass on their hidden abilities. This was a huge upgrade from previous gens and gave a bigger option for breeding and getting better customization for Pokémon. Now there is another upgrade. As of sun and moon, both males and females can pass on the balls they came in and now genderless can do the same if they were bred with a ditto. This makes things like fastball baltoy a thing since this wasn't previously possible. It basically works like this. Genderless Pokémon can pass on their balls as can males IF they are bred with dittos. If AND ONLY if two Pokémon of the EXACT same species (zubat and zubat for example) are bred together, half the time the mother will pass her ball and half the time the father will pass his ball. This means that if you breed a hidden ability female beast ball zubat with a regular ability male dusk ball zubat, you can get a hidden ability dusk ball zubat! I just did that ten minutes ago and it WORKS! This means that if you get a male Pokémon in a fast ball, you can breed the hidden ability on to it with no problem! For bank ball collectors like me this opens things up because my collection is worth a heck of a lot more now and I don't have to go back and recollect half of my collection to make it viable. This also means that you can have ha bankballs that weren't possible before! Sheer force lure ball totodile? You bet, without any sort of outside tampering you can have it once bank comes out! When I found this out I just had to share this. So fear not bankball collectors! The effort twas not in vein!

*gets off soap box*
    Thank you for your time and I hope you have a good day/night/evening/afternoon/whatever!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Dusty and ShinyFlygon like this.
  2. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    This is great because I usually just use illegal bank ball combos etc, if that's what I want anyway, at least now they are less likely to be so :'D haha

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am very excited to breed some of my rare ball Pokémon, well at least a few dream ball Pokémon maybe. It is still going to be a cool ball inheritance plan.

4. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I've noticed a real spike in interest for Pokéball choice aesthetics this generation.

This is really cool to know actually, thanks. I never had worked out the particulars about such things, I mainly just worried about ability and nature and things when breeding.

5. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I've never really been that concerned with which Pokéball a Pokémon is caught with or in from breeding, as back in the day I was a competitive player. I do think it's a really neat feature though, because as @[member="Strytho"] said, it allows greater customization of Pokémon (especially since there isn't much in the first place :( ).

6. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I can also confirm this. I'm really excited for the new combinations, I love mixing and matching Pokeballs. I'm curious about how Pokéball inheritance will function between a normal Pokémon and its Alolan Form.

For example:

Female Alolan Muk in a Pokéball x Male Regular Muk in a Dreamball = ???

I know that the species needs to be the same in regards to the evolutionary line (male Garchomp can't breed down its Pokéball with a female Gabite, for example). But, I'm wondering how Alolan and normal forms will interact.

7. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I can wait to try doing this with Dream Ball Starters if I can ever find one (Because they are Only Male {Couldn't pass before})

8. Aria

Aria Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I will agree. i always liked special pokeballs before, but it was this gen, due to males also passing down pokeballs that pretty much cemented me ONLY wanting special pokeballs. I'm literally going to be trying my hardest to find people willing to part with their dream ball Pokémon once bank goes live, as I truly want an entire collection of them. D: