1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sunshine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Achromatic, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Do you guys get a lot of sunshine on average? Or do you keep away from it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I spend nearly all my time inside, so I always forget to go outside and get some sun on my skin. When I do remember, I go out for a walk so I can check both exercise and getting sunshine off my mental self-care list.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Hisssssssss, sunlight. Hissssssss.

I prefer night. Or cloudy/overcast weather.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    [​IMG]

I work in proximity with dermatologists, and if they're good at anything, it's convincing people that the sun is nothing but an angry fire spirit aggressively and indiscriminately giving people cancer. As much as I enjoy getting that good old vitamin D synthesis action, I still start worrying. I wear lightweight long-sleeved shirts even in moderate weather, I check my sun exposure while I'm stuck in traffic, and am generally less interested in going to the pool.

But as little sunshine as I get, the moon is also nice. Nobody ever got a moonburn.

Attached Files:

ChocoChicken likes this.
  5. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    What even is sunshine?

6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    [​IMG]

...but seriously, I hate sunlight. It's hot, bright, and gives me headaches. I live in England. I expect and demand overcast skies all the time.

7. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like to hang out with my friends outside on campus so I’d say i get a good deal of sun

8. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    School has big nice outside places~ Plenty of sun~ (Plus, Tropical Climate xaxaxa)

9. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I live in California. That's all we have.

I'm burning.

Jupjami likes this.
  10. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I wish I got more sunshine in the winter months. I get enough in the Summer, but the rest of the year is freezing. Not literally, but it feels like it. That’s a serious problem for me.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Sunny days look nice and all, but I can't go out in the sun because I have really pale skin and I burn easily.

12. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    The sun, I love that giant thermonuclear reactor burning hydrogen millions of miles away that brings us part of the glorious gift of life. I just hate being so close to it. I prefer to hide inside or at night and view other stars that are much further away and much less likely to kill us all with a solar flare or a coronal mass ejection. I do get a fair amount of sun where I live, but I prefer to be inside studying the stars rather than basking in their irradiating glory.

13. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Why not like sun? Xaxaxa okay we don't too, but still it is nice~

14. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    wat is sun
    This whole weekend I only went out for 2ish hours to get my hair layered and then go to a buffet. \o/

...mostly because work drains me and I just want to loaf around all day when free, haha

15. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    marching band makes me see a lot of sunshine, which means that I get a good tan and lighter colored hair for half the year, but rn I'm just tired of marching band stuff...

16. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I don't mind sunshine. I don't burn easily, so it's nice to go outside once in a while. Though I hate sunrises. I have to walk to the east in the morning. I don't need the sun burning my eyes out while I do that.

17. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I don't really go outside all that often (there are way too many bugs in our area. Sorry, but I don't want to be attacked by a spider, or step in a wasps nest, or get my blood sucked by the vampire bugs that the locals call 'ticks'), so I really don't get much sunshine. I prefer overcast skies anyway.

18. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I get a lot more sun than I use to. I grew up going between three places, one of which was Cali, but in Washington sun use to be more rare. Nowadays its all we get. I don't like it as much anymore.